Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Leysy Days said:
Tambling wants out eh!

If we can get something anywhere up to pick 30 odd we should cash in while we can. For those saying thats selling low, what will his worth be if he has an ordinary year in 2011. Next to nothing.

Depends entirely on the reasons behind his poor form this year IMO. Was it because he was uncomfortable with his role within the team or was it more to do with his interrupted preseason, calf surgery and hip problems? If it's the latter then I can't see any reason to not expect him to return to 2009 form if his operations went well enough to allow him a full preseason. If it's the former then another ordinary year is certainly a distinct possibility although you'd think a return to the backline (mooted as you say) would suit him far more than the half forward role he mostly played this year.

Leysy Days said:
1) The club realise with his long standing deficiencies it will be likely he will only be able to produce by moving to the backline (the role that has already been mooted for him by the coach for next season). The club see's the high half forward/wing/outside mid roles that he played this year as being far more pressing for the club in the future.

It might be hoping to get something in a trade for Tambling that can be used to either draft a player or trade for a player that can actually play these roles that are deemed to be a higher need of filling.

Given the reported interest of at least 3 teams, I think it's reasonable to assume they saw his good form under Rawlings in 09 and believe he can return to that if he's fit and played in a similar role. I wonder - if that's the case - what the Saints, Dogs and Lions see in him that Richmond don't given our need for attacking mids.

Disco08 said:
Given the reported interest of at least 3 teams, I think it's reasonable to assume they saw his good form under Rawlings in 09 and believe he can return to that if he's fit and played in a similar role. I wonder - if that's the case - what the Saints, Dogs and Lions see in him that Richmond don't given our need for attacking mids.

I haven't heard that Disco. Are the claims from clubs or managers or just guesswork?

Disco08 said:
I think just guesswork at this stage rosy.

No worries. I wasn't taking any notice of the trade Tambo talk until Nixon commented about it. Wish it could all be over and we'd be discussing our new players rather than getting stuck into our current ones.

Disco08 said:

Not uncommon that they might have a different view of Tambling, whether that is ability wise or related to a role they may see for him.
If there was only one consensus there wouldn't be any trades ever made.

With Tambling, our coaching staff should be in a position to judge his potential to be a long termer for us very well & thus make a well judged call whether he is worth getting something in for. Other teams showing interest is a bonus if we have a coaching staff/list management team making intelligent & confident decisions.

The Tambling of 2009 is worth having, the Tambling of 2010 is not. Depends a lot on how badly he was impacted this year by injury. My best for both parties if a good trade comes up.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
id be spewing if we trade for anything less then a pick outside top 15. this will burn us because he will flourish at another club
And that is something that Richmond have got to get over. It's pointless hanging onto a player just because they may succeed elsewhere. If the trade is right it could be a win win for both the RFC and Richard Tambling. Tambling gets to play some decent football somewhere else that suits him better and the Tigers get a good pick and an equally good player with it.

Will be gone if we can get anything close to a reasonable deal.

my money is its about the dollars

Tambling signs a cut price two year deal

other clubs know he will be at a discount coming of injury, and start making inquiries

inquires indicate he will get more elsewhere, suddenly a "fresh start" seems the go

just speculation, but if in doubt I usually bet on the dollars

Can he renegotiate his contract or does his new club automatically assume the one he just signed?

The new club can negotiate a new contract if it wishes by giving an extension etc.
Allegedly that is what we're doing with Sherman. Offering him a 1 year extension, on top of the 2 left on his existing contract.

People are looking into this way too much for a conspiracy. It's pretty cut and dried.

WesternTiger said:
Of course he can renegotiate.

How? If a club trades for him because they see value in his current contract they're not obliged to negotiate beyond that at all are they?

Disco08 said:
How? If a club trades for him because they see value in his current contract they're not obliged to negotiate beyond that at all are they?

Yes because he has to agree to any trade and terms with the new club and that would include the dollar amount.

Disco08 said:

Think that would be right Patsy but if his contract value is emerging to being under what the market is prepared to pay it puts us in a strong position.

WesternTiger said:
Yes because he has to agree to any trade and terms with the new club and that would include the dollar amount.

Is that because he recently signed his contract or is the same true for all players?

Richmond are playing hard ball asking for a top 20 pick and a player, dont like there chances..