Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

evo said:
Don't agree, Harry.

It is the worst time imaginable to trade him. We will get half of stuff-all.

I agree with Duckman's work. His best is still ahead of him. Cameron should try and mend any broken bridges (if they exist)

if we get a pick inside 25 we should take it and run like mad.

Harry said:
if we get a pick inside 25 we should take it and run like mad.

Agree. I'd be happy with anything 30 or below for a player who's had half a good year in his entire career and mostly is still living off the hype of being pick 4 nearly 6 years ago.

If he was pick 40 I doubt he would even still be on our list.

I was making a distinction between the kind of abuse which you are going to get at a footy ground from supporters and what I heard on two occasions directed at Ritchie - bronx cheers whenever he got the ball. Only the second I think is unacceptable. Don't care if people don't like it thats how I feel about it.

Furthermore it was purely speculation:
Firstly as to whether Tambling has requested a trade at all (although the article seemed to insinuate it) and secondly whether it was because of the Bronx cheers. Personally if it was me they were Bronx cheering I would want to get back out there and ram it right up them.

Barnzy said:
Agree. I'd be happy with anything 30 or below for a player who's had half a good year in his entire career

Last time I rebutted this point you like to make you ignored it so I'll post it again:

Disco08 said:
His 2009 season was very good as a whole. You don't have to play 22 great games to call it a good season Jimmy. His 2008 was also pretty good (statistically as good as Edwards' season this year and look at the general praise he's getting for it) and his first 3 years were as good or better than 80% of players of those respective ages.

Djevv said:
I reckon there is a difference between copping a bit of stick and being systematically booed everytime he touches the ball. I've never heard any other player from any other club copping that sort of treatment and reflects pretty poorly on our supporters IMO.

I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. Yes I heard a few bronx cheers on occassion and its not something I condone and I would never do it, certainly not as some pre-meditated action because its wrong, but to say it doesn't happen elsewhere would mean you are a little sheltered. It happens at all levels of sport, even metro grade when I played. As a player you just have to ignore the crowd. If you are going to get touchy because of a minority group you'll never make it to go in life.

Like most, I doubt any decision by Tambling to leave (if thats in fact true) would be because of supporters. Most supporters would love it for Tambling to find back that 2009 form, but I am sure Tambling would be one of the first to admit that 2010 was a year to forget from a personal point of view.

Disco08 said:
Last time I rebutted this point you like to make you ignored it so I'll post it again:

You don't have to keep posting against anyone who says anything negative about Tambling, especially when the posts aren't directed at you. You seem to have a Tambling obsession.

I also don't care what your precious stats say. Tambling has been underwhelming for the majority of his career. He will ne no loss.

I'm not obsessed Jimmy. You simply said something that I disagree with so I responded. This is a discussion forum still isn't it?

And I think you'll find I've agreed with and made quite a few negative comments about Tambling in my time. It's just the obviously over the top ones like yours I find myself compelled to challenge.

Finally you don't need stats to tell you Tambling's career progressed well from ages 17 to 22.

If he wants out then it's best we look to accommodate a trade that suits all.
Don't think I could bare another season like this where it looked like he didn't want to be there.
That he now wants out suggests there is something in his 'Ambling' like performances.

''They haven't shopped him around but I have asked about the possibility of a trade. We'll see how we go,'' Nixon said yesterday.

Would we be happy to swap him for a player such as Sherman or Houli,or a top 20 or 30 pick?

I think i`d rather the pick,we`re still at the beginning of a rebuild so we should take as many kids as possible.

michael roach said:
I think i`d rather the pick,we`re still at the beginning of a rebuild so we should take as many kids as possible.

I'd take a top 20 in a heartbeat. Realistically any tilt we have for sustained success is at least 3 or 4 years away and that would be a perfect timeframe for a youngster to evolve. I think Deledio's age (24) should be the absolute maximum age we trade for if we believe its necessary to fill voids.

Tambling wants out eh!

If we can get something anywhere up to pick 30 odd we should cash in while we can. For those saying thats selling low, what will his worth be if he has an ordinary year in 2011. Next to nothing.

On why he would leave, agree that it is unlikely to be because of any abuse he may have copped. Surely he's not that mentally weak.

Couple of more logical reasons why this has come about ILO -

1) The club realise with his long standing deficiencies it will be likely he will only be able to produce by moving to the backline (the role that has already been mooted for him by the coach for next season). The club see's the high half forward/wing/outside mid roles that he played this year as being far more pressing for the club in the future.

It might be hoping to get something in a trade for Tambling that can be used to either draft a player or trade for a player that can actually play these roles that are deemed to be a higher need of filling.

2) Tambling has become disgruntled because he has been told he won't be a first choice player to start next year, or perhaps doesnt want to move back & the club are unwilling to bend as it wants a better calibre of player up the ground.

Its probably a combination of the above. Definately good list management if we can get something half decent to re-jig the list to what the gameplan needs. If we cant then we keep him & tambling plays a role that he is told.

Leysy Days said:
Tambling wants out eh!

If we can get something anywhere up to pick 30 odd we should cash in while we can. For those saying thats selling low, what will his worth be if he has an ordinary year in 2011. Next to nothing.

On why he would leave, agree that it is unlikely to be because of any abuse he may have copped. Surely he's not that mentally weak.

Couple of more logical reasons why this has come about ILO -

1) The club realise with his long standing deficiencies it will be likely he will only be able to produce by moving to the backline (the role that has already been mooted for him by the coach for next season). The club see's the high half forward/wing/outside mid roles that he played this year as being far more pressing for the club in the future.

It might be hoping to get something in a trade for Tambling that can be used to either draft a player or trade for a player that can actually play these roles that are deemed to be a higher need of filling.

2) Tambling has become disgruntled because he has been told he won't be a first choice player to start next year, or perhaps doesnt want to move back & the club are unwilling to bend as it wants a better calibre of player up the ground.

Its probably a combination of the above. Definately good list management if we can get something half decent to re-jig the list to what the gameplan needs. If we cant then we keep him & tambling plays a role that he is told.
Leysy would you take Sherman in a straight swap for Tambling?

The club would be in a better position than us to know what the go with Richie was. I see no point in keeping a player if they want out though, especially if that was coming off a season of below par performance. I'd love him to come good for us but if he wants to go then :wave

If he wants out then off he goes.

I doubt Tambling will ever be the player we all hoped he would be regardless of the side he is in, and if he has to be in a good side to play good footy then he is a front runner who doesnt have the work ethic to lift a bottom team and they are the exact players this club does not want or need.

If he is unhappy for whatever reason then we should try and accommodate his transfer somewhere else.

He is not that valuable a player that we move heaven and earth to keep him happy. If he is unhappy given all the chances he has received thus far at Richmond, then bad luck. Off you go.

Personally, I believe his form in 2009 was overhyped anyway, played some good games in a *smile* side that was routinely getting thumped. Finished 4th in the B&F, in a year where Deledio won it and Jacko came second and both these guys copped criticism from many supporters. Certainly not a season I would call exceptional by any stretch....and then we have the disaster that was 2010.

I don't think we would be losing much.

anything under pick 25..
Sherman and swap picks
Mackie and 3rd rounder
brown and swap picks (WC.E)
Everitt or roughead from doggies
jordon lewis swap
stanton swap
bernie vince swap +
If any of these don't occur, then keep him and do the same to him what they did to McMahon..
has too many deficiencies to keep..

id be spewing if we trade for anything less then a pick outside top 15. this will burn us because he will flourish at another club

LidsBling&Cotch said:
id be spewing if we trade for anything less then a pick outside top 15. this will burn us because he will flourish at another club

I guess LidsPick15&Cotch has a good ring to it