Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

should look to trade for a top 25 draft pick. even though he had a good 09 he doesn't have what it takes to be an a grader. he needs to be 100% body and mind to be some value to the team - if he has a niggle or isn't 100% focussed then he is a liabilty. Other players don't get as many chances as Tambling.

Re: Justin Sherman

Disco08 said:
Not touching the fact he only had 5 frees paid against him while in possession this year? You'd reckon a player who has simply no awareness would get caught and penalised a lot more no?

Now, keeping that in mind, can you tell me how these stats somehow damn Tambling and prove he simply has no awareness?

Have you ever really watched Tambling?
Ever watched Tambling run around the ground like a beheaded sheep dog, lost and not knowing who he should be on, where he should position himself, which team-mates he should support in play, which packs he is close enough to enter and which pack he should stay clear of?
That's what I call NO AWARENESS.

And do we have a stat for the times Tambling has given a 'hospital disposal' to a team-mate or the amount of times he has killed a flowing piece of play?

::)

Wow. Underlining, capitals for emphasis and the rolly eyed guy in one post!

Scribblar said:

A couple of times.

Have you?

Scribblar said:
Ever watched Tambling run around the ground like a beheaded sheep dog, lost and not knowing who he should be on, where he should position himself, which team-mates he should support in play, which packs he is close enough to enter and which pack he should stay clear of?

And do we have a stat for the times Tambling has given a 'hospital disposal' to a team-mate or the amount of times he has killed a flowing piece of play?

Yet amazingly the league's top teams are reported to have interest in him. How bizarre.

Honestly Sribblar, you have one of the worst cases of Blinghateritis I've seen on this forum.

Scribblar said:

Scribblar, you should know from reading this site that Disco doesn't go to games so he doesn't see those off-the-ball things you describe so well.

I've seen him play in the flesh 5 times. Exaggeration is an understatement.

Maybe you can explain to me why other clubs would show interest in such a pathetic player Redan?

Scribblar said:

Sums Bling up well actually. Lack of footy smarts.

Disco08 said:

Maybe you can explain to me why other clubs would show interest in such a pathetic player Redan?

good question - for such a complete and utter no hoper it seems according to the media reports he is the trade option we have that is getting the most serious attention

then again, maybe the other clubs list managers are all duds and not up to the job :hihi

Disco08 said:
Unbelievable the way you keep repeating inane points that have been disproved time and again.

Thought you were talking about yourself for a minute there. Tambling cannot kick goals, has no goal sense whatsoever. Apparently you watch the game, I am starting to wonder.

Disco08 said:

Simple. He went no 4 in the 2004 ND. He's played 100 games. Every club thinks they can "turn around" a top 10 pick career when it has't been going so well.

Disco08 said:
Not touching the fact he only had 5 frees paid against him while in possession this year? You'd reckon a player who has simply no awareness would get caught and penalised a lot more no?

No, not at all. Unless you get paid a free against everytime you get caught.

tigertim said:
Simple. He went no 4 in the 2004 ND. He's played 100 games. Every club thinks they can "turn around" a top 10 pick career when it has't been going so well.

AND, we havent seen what's on offer yet. I don't think we'll get for Tambling what some seem to think he is worth. If we were very lucky we might get a late 2nd rounder, which is what late 30s early 40s. Not sure that the Tigers would give him up for that. I'm warming to the straight swap for Sherman.

GoodOne said:
AND, we havent seen what's on offer yet. I don't think we'll get for Tambling what some seem to think he is worth. If we were very lucky we might get a late 2nd rounder, which is what late 30s early 40s. Not sure that the Tigers would give him up for that. I'm warming to the straight swap for Sherman.

Ive had enough of him not preforming, but to say a straight swap for Sherman is not going to happen. We need to off load him in the same way Melbourne off loaded Mclean. a pick under 20. or swap him for a player with a higher calibre then Sheman.
In the famous words of Survivor "its time to go Richie"

zippadeee said:
Ive had enough of him not preforming, but to say a straight swap for Sherman is not going to happen. We need to off load him in the same way Melbourne off loaded Mclean. a pick under 20. or swap him for a player with a higher calibre then Sheman.
In the famous words of Survivor "its time to go Richie"

Exactly what I was talking about, over-rating our own. McLean had a decent history behind him. Tambling whilst improving every year has now had 6 years of AFL footy behind him. What has he REALLY achieved? No-one is going to pay what you are asking. Let's wait and see whats on offer.

GoodOne said:
Exactly what I was talking about, over-rating our own. McLean had a decent history behind him. Tambling whilst improving every year has now had 6 years of AFL footy behind him. What has he REALLY achieved? No-one is going to pay what you are asking. Let's wait and see whats on offer.

To tell you the truth Goodie, i would just be happy for a pick in the 20's for him, St.kildas or doggies picks will do.
You cant wait 6 years and ask for any more. This needs to change at the club, you dont preform in 4-5 years see ya later.
we cant keep hold of players that just give 3-4 games a year. I hope he goes to another club and proves me wrong,

zippadeee said:
To tell you the truth Goodie, i would just be happy for a pick in the 20's for him, St.kildas or doggies picks will do.
You cant wait 6 years and ask for any more. This needs to change at the club, you dont preform in 4-5 years see ya later.
we cant keep hold of players that just give 3-4 games a year. I hope he goes to another club and proves me wrong,
Agree totally zips. In my opinion, as a small, if you arent making an impact of some sort after 6 years then there is a high chance that you never will, at least not at that club. I think Tambling may have something to give (obviously not to the level we had hoped for when we picked him up at #4) but often it takes a new environment to get the best out of them. Can we seriously say that we missed Raines, Schulz and Pattison this year? All were in and out of their respective sides just as they were at Richmond. With Tambling it appears we may be at that junction.

I recall in season 2009, he was our best goal assist player, sometimes people only see the last card to fall, but something pushed that card.

I'm not making a case to keep Bling, I think the time might be right to trade to GC - he will be a valuable commodity to them, more so than any other team. GC need goal assist players, setterupperers. Young enough to be of value for up to ten years perhaps, high pick with development already invested (albeit RFc development :p ).

That't be were I would be talking. He is an upgrade/better than Sherman and we'd need more than just Sherman and his reported exorbitant salary to make the deal. Perhaps Brennan in three way deal might be the mechanism to acheive the necessary sweetener if Brisbane must be in the mix.

Tambling leaving wont change the balance or struture of club, losing tambling will unearth someone else in his place and this will happen to many others in the future. I was always told love the jumper, and dont worry who isnt wearing it any more..