Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Having been to all Melbourne games this year... I am sick of having to watch below par efforts from Tambling. We can have the excuses such as niggles, sleepless nights & what ever else, it doesn't help the fact that he isn't positively affecting the outcome for the Tigers. If we can trade him, do it. If he tears it up at his new club, good for him. No point holding on to him just in case he comes good.
People talk of his 'purple patch' last season.... that wasn't a purple patch, it was what is expected of a guy who has played 100 games (the majority gifted). He strung together half a season of reasonable football. For what ever reason he was terrible again this year. I'd at a guess suggest if he has played 100 games, no more than 15 would have been above mediocre.
If a trade is available, take it Tigers, whether it is Houli or a draft pick, I reckon it is a win.

mad_doggy911 said:
Hawthorn won't give us anything special. That Pelchen is a tight arse.

Don't think North would agree with you. Got a decent result from the Gibson deal.

ToraToraTora said:
It would actually be painful to see Tambling play better elsewhere. But it'll be a lot lot less painful with a second round pick and a development player in trade.

Agree TTT.

Disco Stu said:
Having been to all Melbourne games this year... I am sick of having to watch below par efforts from Tambling. We can have the excuses such as niggles, sleepless nights & what ever else, it doesn't help the fact that he isn't positively affecting the outcome for the Tigers. If we can trade him, do it. If he tears it up at his new club, good for him. No point holding on to him just in case he comes good.
People talk of his 'purple patch' last season.... that wasn't a purple patch, it was what is expected of a guy who has played 100 games (the majority gifted). He strung together half a season of reasonable football. For what ever reason he was terrible again this year. I'd at a guess suggest if he has played 100 games, no more than 15 would have been above mediocre.
If a trade is available, take it Tigers, whether it is Houli or a draft pick, I reckon it is a win.
totally agree. anyone who thinks differently has obviously got their heads in the clouds. id take anything DECENT for tambo for sure!
we dont have a very good recent record with indigenous players......dont know whats wrong down there, cause alot of other teams have electrifying indig players. ???

mad_doggy911 said:
Hawthorn won't give us anything special. That Pelchen is a tight arse.

couldnt agree more, i rather delist him before trading him to hawthorn...

Strike while the iron is hot Tiges. Take the best offer.

Its funny we have a "trade week" yet there is already negotiations behind the scenes. ;D.

Best to reduce trade week to 3 days imo

I thought Richie had turned the corner last year. He looked to be taking genuine strides towards becoming a good AFL player.
However this year was a massive disappointment. He honestly played like he'd rather be somewhere else.
The injuries may well be a reason for it but alarm bells are ringing for mine when a running player has had compartmental syndrome and surgery on both calves and hips.
Hopefully a team out there thinks he has the potential to be the next McLeod but after 6 years I have stopped holding my breath waiting for it to happen.
I agree we should strike whilst the iron is hot and look for the best deal we can get. Somewhere around pick 30 would be a decent result.

You reckon trading him after his worst season is striking while the iron's hot? If we wanted to do that we should have done it last year.

Disco08 said:
You reckon trading him after his worst season is striking while the iron's hot? If we wanted to do that we should have done it last year.

Some clubs out there might believe his lack of form this year is injury related. I think he still has reasonable currency.
You obviously still think he's worth plenty.

I wonder what all the talk of Tambo will do to his mind-set and self-esteem if he stays at Tigerland. He seems to be a bit of a confidence player to me. I hope he can come out next season and let his footy do the talking, wherever he might be playing.

Tigers of Old said:
Some clubs out there might believe his lack of form this year is injury related. I think he still has reasonable currency.
You obviously still think he's worth plenty.

I wouldn't be suprised if our club thought his injuries had something to do with his poor form.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Tambling for pick 30ish To0?Id rather keep him.

Yeah maybe a touch lower if we're lucky.
I think he is very replaceable.

U2Tigers said:
I wouldn't be suprised if our club thought his injuries had something to do with his poor form.

Perhaps played some part but in the games I saw live there looked to be more to it to me.
I don't believe our medical staff is that negligent to play him if he wasn't largely fit to play.

Tigers of Old said:
Yeah maybe a touch lower if we're lucky.
I think he is very replaceable.
Put it this way To0.Pick 30ish this year is like pick 40ish in terms on whats available.No way id do it.

The footy dept have had a real long look at him this year and will have all the details regarding injuries etc. If they decide it's time to trade him, whether at his lowest price or not then I'll not complain too much whichever way they go.

rosy23 said:
I wonder what all the talk of Tambo will do to his mind-set and self-esteem if he stays at Tigerland. He seems to be a bit of a confidence player to me. I hope he can come out next season and let his footy do the talking, wherever he might be playing.

Tend to agree but I do remember early 09 when the RFC fans started the bronx cheers whenever Tambo got the ball (twice or 3 times for the whole match I think). He was then dropped, came back into the squad and started his 09 purple patch. So I'm not sure how Bling's mind works when it comes to criticism from the fans.