Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Elmer said:
If accurate I'm pleased that Richardo has resigned. A fit Bling is in our best 22.
fantastic news if true, in my opinion a fit n firing tambo is in our top ten players and if cuzz, cotch and foley are up and running all at full tilt as well = Awesome

Elmer said:
If accurate I'm pleased that Richardo has resigned. A fit Bling is in our best 22.

An injured Tambling was in our best 22 for a majority of this year.

A fit Tambling will be in our best 10.

rockstar_tiger said:

Wouldn't think he's in our best 10 fully fit.

Obviously. You think this year's as good as he can be, I don't. Lets move on.

Disco08 said:
Obviously. You think this year's as good as he can be, I don't. Lets move on.

No, no Disco. I think he is much better then he showed in 2010. I just don't think that patch of form last year is his true form either. Like I said I think he can play a role in the future but I don't expect him to be a A grader in a good side.

Fair enough. You think he played above himself last year and I don't. Not much left to say until he gets back out there.

I think the first eight name themselves

Deledio
Reiwoldt
Cotchin
Martin
Foley
Cousins
Newman
Tuck

IMO the next 2 would come from a group that would include Jackson, Moore, Edwards, Tambling, Connors, Collins. Looking at the names Tambling struggling to make the top ten IMO.

Unfortunately for Richmond I count one genuine KPP in about the top 15 players. Hopefully Astbury & Griffiths can be amongst the top ten in 2-3 years time. And Graham, Vickery & Browne can become an outstanding ruck division. And Post, Grimes & Gourdis can develop into solid KP types

SCOOP said:
No, no Disco. I think he is much better then he showed in 2010. I just don't think that patch of form last year is his true form either. Like I said I think he can play a role in the future but I don't expect him to be a A grader in a good side.
See I don't get that logic, I know people talk about giving 110%, but that's actually not possible.

A player can never play above themself, they can only play within the limitation of their genetic and physical ability. If they, as you say, "play above themselves" then that is the level they can expect themselves to play consistently as long as they are 100% fit. If they don't play that well when 100% fit, then it is most likely a mental issue.

The only other reason for a drop in form from a player "playing above themselves" is from the extra attention from the opposition, which is where a team is supposed to work together to help each other.

SCOOP said:
Do you expect him to be less than a solid B grader?

Big Cat Lover said:

Deledio
Reiwoldt
Cotchin
Martin
Foley
Cousins
Newman
Tuck

IMO the next 2 would come from a group that would include Jackson, Moore, Edwards, Tambling, Connors, Collins. Looking at the names Tambling struggling to make the top ten IMO.

That's a very good thing IMO. Last year Tambling's form was good enough for 4th in the B&F and 2nd on here. Statistically he was 3rd. If he can return to that form but not be in our top 10 we'll have genuinely improved.

Re top 10: well I guess it depends on your criteria on what your top 10 is. Is it the 10 best players regardless of current form and injury? Is it your top 10 based on 2010 form? Is it your top 10 based on current form and future expectations?

Big Cat Lover said:

Deledio
Reiwoldt
Cotchin
Martin
Foley
Cousins
Newman
Tuck

You add Jackson, Edwards, Connors, & Astbury without battering an eyelid. Next year Vickery will be a regular, and probably 1 or even two of our draft picks come year's end. Tambling will surely be pushed down the order.

rockstar_tiger said:

If basing on games played yes, but based on performance definitely not.

rockstar_tiger said:

Fitness and desire, yes 100% he would be.

of all the games hes played, prob only about 10-15 games you can say were of quality and up to standard.
thats not good enough for me. this year regardless of injuy hes been woeful. if hes on the ground hes fit to play...

one year should have been all he got. personally i would have traded hiim while we still can!

keepa lids onit said:
of all the games hes played, prob only about 10-15 games you can say were of quality and up to standard.

That's laughable. If you make concessions for age at least half of his games were average or above.

geoffryprettyboy said:
You add Jackson, Edwards, Connors, & Astbury without battering an eyelid. Next year Vickery will be a regular, and probably 1 or even two of our draft picks come year's end. Tambling will surely be pushed down the order.

Even if Tambling still averaged 12 possessions a game, he will most likely have a greater impact than Vickery next year.

Not a knock on Vickery, but it will be a few years before he'll come close to knocking Tambling down the order IMO.

Disco08 said:
That's a very good thing IMO. Last year Tambling's form was good enough for 4th in the B&F and 2nd on here. Statistically he was 3rd. If he can return to that form but not be in our top 10 we'll have genuinely improved.

Good post. Precisely my thoughts!

Disco08 said:

Good point Disco

It's a pretty subjective topic as tigertim pointed. I'd love to see Astbury & Griffiths step and become amongst our most 10-12 "important" players.