Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

shamekha said:
i hope this brings it to rest and people acknowledge that maybe, just maybe he has done pretty good carrying an injury for quite some time.

So he's had this injury for a while? Can't understand why he was playing then. Seems to get injured alot. Maybe not cut for the hustle and bustle of AFL footy. He'll certainly get a gig though back at the Tigers next year based on this circumstance. Let's hope he can get himself right and give himself every opportunity next year berift of injury or psychological issue.

super_coach said:
finished for the season - hip surgery

That cut through the waffle.

Explains plenty, though I'm sure the teeth gnashers won't cut him any slack.

shamekha said:
i hope this brings it to rest and people acknowledge that maybe, just maybe he has done pretty good carrying an injury for quite some time.

I hope it is nothing to serious. From my ignorant knowledge of what a hip injury could do. It explains a little bit why he had some poor form this year. But then why was he played?

I hope after the operation he can get a full pre-season in and have a good 2011 season. We have seen some really good footy played by Bling but not enough. Hope he gets his body right and any other issues he may have so he can be part of a resurgent Richmond in the coming years.

How long has he had this injury for? Honestly why play the guy if his hip was that bad.

super_coach said:
finished for the season - hip surgery
Season over for Tiger's Richard Tambling
MALIGNED Richmond midfielder Richard Tambling has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2010 season.

Tambling, who was dropped to the reserves last week, suffered a hip injury in the VFL and will undergo surgery on Monday.

He joins Nathan Foley, Ben Griffiths, Adam Thomson and Tom Hislop on the Tiger's season-ending injury list.

Tambling has played 108 games since being taken with pick No.4 ahead of Hawthorn star Buddy Franklin in the 2004 draft.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/season-over-for-tigers-richard-tambling/story-e6frf9jf-1225899126380

I think they decided to leave Tambling in until we mathematically couldn't make the finals.

Now that are cue is in the rack, we are sending our good players in for surgery in preparation for our 2011 assault.

jb03 said:
I think they decided to leave Tambling in until we mathematically couldn't make the finals.

Now that are cue is in the rack, we are sending our good players in for surgery in preparation for our 2011 assault.

McMahon might be next for surgery then. Hislop and Thomson already went in.

I can see next year's excuse already.

Just kidding. All the best Bling. If you're there 2011 I hope you carve it up for us.

jb03 said:

smartarse ;D

Get ready for:

The Secret Life of Tambling - Part 7............released April 2011.

TIGERARMY67 said:
Season over for Tiger's Richard Tambling
MALIGNED Richmond midfielder Richard Tambling has been ruled out for the remainder of the 2010 season.

Tambling, who was dropped to the reserves last week, suffered a hip injury in the VFL and will undergo surgery on Monday.

He joins Nathan Foley, Ben Griffiths, Adam Thomson and Tom Hislop on the Tiger's season-ending injury list.

Tambling has played 108 games since being taken with pick No.4 ahead of Hawthorn star Buddy Franklin in the 2004 draft.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/season-over-for-tigers-richard-tambling/story-e6frf9jf-1225899126380

What an irrelevant statement.

Tigers of Old said:
1 week.
Tambling unsigned & now virtually untradeable.

Yes the curse of Tambling continues, we seriously cannot take a trick ???

This could be about lifting his currency if he is traded this year. If they keep playing him for the rest of the year, each game his currency will fall. By putting him away now he can be still be marketed as "a good player, who played with injury" etc.

Very unlucky if you ask me, very unlucky with injuries. Never saw this latest injury coming, racked up posessions at Coburg last week, looked comfortable and showed no signs of trouble. Excuses in his defence this year was that syndrome thing, I can see more excuses going his way next year like, he was under the knife with a hip injury, the syndrome thing is still bothering him, give him time, give him time, & give him time.

TigerForce said:
Get ready for:

The Secret Life of Tambling - Part 7............released April 2011.

Agree, during the pre-season we may once again see another Tambling thread locked and another one will open.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I can see more excuses going his way next year like, he was under the knife with a hip injury, the syndrome thing is still bothering him, give him time, give him time, & give him time.

So you're already expecting him to perform poorly?

Disco08 said:
So you're already expecting him to perform poorly?

No but he is what he is. Nothing more, nothing less. No pointing hoping after 108 games that he becomes a A grade mid.