Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

zippadeee said:
I like tambo but his no good, as simple as that..
I wish he ends up at W.C and plays well. he looks lost in a tigers jumper..
all the best ritchie

zippadeee said:
our best today, tried to make play all day. it didnt come off sometimes, but busted a gut running at all parts of the ground. this bloke should be used as runner as collingwood uses didak. hopefully some of his team mates take a leaf out of his book and learn that making mistakes dosent mean you bury yourself in the dirt for the rest of the day. most improved player at the club this year.

I guess he was good but now his no good. Fair enough.

WesternTiger said:
No reprieve from Dimma despite BOG. Good to see.

Agree, great to see the Morton tough love policy in place for experienced players.

Good for the goose, good for the gander. Half back is the spot, only chance of making it long term. Just not a mid at all.

Pffft. Rawlings was a complete idiot that just got lucky because Tambling fluked a string of good games playing as an onballer? Please.

Agree it's good he's having an extended run for Coburg though.

Lets break it down.

Disco08 said:

Good start.

Disco08 said:
Rawlings was a complete idiot

Smartest thing in the post.

Disco08 said:
lucky because Tambling fluked a string of good games playing as an onballer? Please.

Not sure he ever played as a pure midfield role Disco. In 2010 he hasn't got close to that form.

He can still play a role in a good side but it won't be a mid.

Why was Rawlings a complete idiot Scoop? If he's an idiot, does that make March and Wright idiots for employing him too? What about Gale for giving him an interview for the permanent position?

Honestly, how hard is it to accept that Rawlings wasn't an idiot and that he saw enough in Tambling to play him on the ball and was rewarded by Tambling playing the best footy of his career? Why make such absolute statements when his form in those games was obviously very good?

Whatever you want to call his position, Tambling started on a flank and then followed the ball around, attending every stoppage. He hasn't come close to that form this year because he hasn't played that position. Very rarely has he got close to a stoppage this year from what I've seen.

*Smile* me dead, 143 pages of
"Tambling's no good"
"Yes, he is"
"No, he's not"
"Is too!"
"Na-uh!"
"Uh-huh!"
"Well he can't play midfield"
"Yes he can"
"No he can't"
"Can too!"

and on and on, and on.

If you can't see he's labouring this year you've got blinkers on. No zip in his legs. Clearly no confidence. Playing nowhere near as well as last year, but still contributing most weeks. Had a stinker, got dropped. Still easily in our best 22 and will be around next year.

"No he won't!"
"Yes he will!"

:stopwar

I tried to give up once but no good. It's like the Christianity and Racial Tolerance threads. When I see something I think is obviously wrong I just can't let it go even though I know I should.

spook said:
"Tambling's no good"
"Yes, he is"
"No, he's not"
"Is too!"
"Na-uh!"
"Uh-huh!"
"Yes he can"
"No he can't"
"Can too!"

and on and on, and on.

If you can't see he's labouring this year you've got blinkers on. No zip in his legs. Clearly no confidence. Playing nowhere near as well as last year, but still contributing most weeks. Had a stinker, got dropped. Still easily in our best 22 and will be around next year.

"No he won't!"
"Yes he will!"

Well said fella. We ll said.

spook said:
"Tambling's no good"
"Yes, he is"
"No, he's not"
"Is too!"
"Na-uh!"
"Uh-huh!"
"Yes he can"
"No he can't"
"Can too!"

and on and on, and on.

"No he won't!"
"Yes he will!"

No he won't!

Does anyone think that when someone like Shultz or Rodan (less relevant as he was delisted from a different team) enhance our chances of a decent trade for Tambling.

I would have thought that most clubs would think that you cant be much chop if you cant break into our team but obviously some clubs feel that their environment will bring out better results.

Shultz is probably helping our cause and Patterson and Raines probably reducing it.

Disco08 said:
Why was Rawlings a complete idiot Scoop? If he's an idiot, does that make March and Wright idiots for employing him too? What about Gale for giving him an interview for the permanent position?

Honestly, how hard is it to accept that Rawlings wasn't an idiot and that he saw enough in Tambling to play him on the ball and was rewarded by Tambling playing the best footy of his career? Why make such absolute statements when his form in those games was obviously very good?

Whatever you want to call his position, Tambling started on a flank and then followed the ball around, attending every stoppage. He hasn't come close to that form this year because he hasn't played that position. Very rarely has he got close to a stoppage this year from what I've seen.

So we need to play him always in an unaccountable position? Like a lost sheep dog?
Oh, please...
::)

You thought he played like a lost sheep dog last year? Pretty much sums up your posting in this thread IMO.

Disco08 said:
I tried to give up once but no good. It's like the Christianity and Racial Tolerance threads. When I see something I think is obviously wrong I just can't let it go even though I know I should.
How do you see this player debateable as Christianity or Racial Tolerance when it's nowhere close to a 50/50 balance in the poll?

Dimma finally saw light at the end of this season and has dumped him in the 2nds. I'm sure that he gave Tambo (4th pick) more time in the 1sts to show something compared to the time a lower valued player would've received.

Yeah, Hardwick must think very little of him to play him for so long despite the form he showed.

Disco08 said:
Yeah, Hardwick must think very little of him to play him for so long despite the form he showed.

You're thinking in reverse. Dimma thinks high of Tambo because he has got valuable skills as any 4th pick would, but as Tambo hasn't provided any input as other players have shown individually this season, Dimma perservered with him every week in the 1sts until he would finally show some form. No improvement in form has happened and now he's in the 2nds. What other reason would he be in the 2nds?

If Tambo was a lower pick he would've been 'McMuffined' earlier in the season, and if we were heading for the finals, Tambo would've been in the 2nds a lot longer. Maybe Dimma kept him in to provide some experience for the kids.

i hope this brings it to rest and people acknowledge that maybe, just maybe he has done pretty good carrying an injury for quite some time.

super_coach said:
finished for the season - hip surgery

Well done super coach for being the first person in 100 pages or so (including me) to post some genuinely new and interesting on Bling.

Bloody hell, that was news. I thought he might have had calf issues, did anybody know about this?