Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Ah, the truth as you remember it. If you want to keep posting along those lines, when it's already been done to death years ago, PM me and save everyone else from wasting their time.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yes Disco like I said above I have our conversation discussing Tambling back in March. I just cannot see he will turn it around that's how I feel about it and it has nothing to do with whether I have faith in Hardwick.

Fair enough. I was just interested in the turn around.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tell me what are these chains? For you to say this you know more and he has issues.

i know as much as you or the next bloke that knows a bit more then nothing. his issues probably stem from having a bunch of *smile* supporters give him bronx cheers after double surgery and a match committee playing him out of position for 4 months

Disco08 said:
Ah, the truth as you remember it. If you want to keep posting along those lines, when it's already been done to death years ago, PM me and save everyone else from wasting their time.
you have the resources to reread it, DICO ole mate you are just like matty lloyd u can give it but never can cop it..

Anyone can reread it if they want. The search function isn't that tricky to use. The trouble is no one wants to mate because we're here to talk about footy.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
his issues probably stem from having a bunch of *smile* supporters give him bronx cheers after double surgery and a match committee playing him out of position for 4 months

Sounds like not only Tambling has a major problem, our match committee are making the wrong decisions.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
i know as much as you or the next bloke that knows a bit more then nothing. his issues probably stem from having a bunch of *smile* supporters give him bronx cheers after double surgery and a match committee playing him out of position for 4 months

Yeah thatwas average, you should never give bronx cheers to your own players, even if they deserve it!

Jumping Jack said:
Yeah thatwas average, you should never give bronx cheers to your own players, even if they deserve it!

Not that I condone it, but the only way it will stop is if he pulls his finger out and starts getting a kick.

some of the excuses made for him are laughable...they keep getting trotted out and we are no closer to solving the riddle. 100+ games, about a dozen decent ones, and on it goes.

Jumping Jack said:

Yep. I could never give a Tiger player the sarcastic cheers.

But I dont buy this out of position stuff one bit. That has nothing to do with how hard he chases.

The coach is saying it but you're not buying it?

Punxsutawney Phil said:
Not that I condone it, but the only way it will stop is if he pulls his finger out and starts getting a kick.

some of the excuses made for him are laughable...they keep getting trotted out and we are no closer to solving the riddle. 100+ games, about a dozen decent ones, and on it goes.

Can you name the excuses and tell us why they're funny?

A dozen decent games? That's laughable.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
cmon man dont be dumb like some of the idiots here
he can accumulate possies, can win contested footy, he has skills, can run and break lines and can kick a goal can take a contested mark, is very strong in the air.
he looks like a bloke playing with chains around his neck

Funny thing is most AFL players can do all that - it's a matter of how often they do it and can they do it under pressure - the good players play better football more often - that's what separates them. We've currently got too many that play good football sometimes.
eg White, Polo, Tambling, McGuane all have ability and can all play good football - they just don't do it often enough. All would be close to the end IMO. Tambling may find his spot in the backline but I think we should be trying to improve on the other 3.

Disco08 said:

He may very well have been playing out of position, but that is NO excuse to give up chases and chase half hearted. It does not matter where you are. First quarter of the North game, he was chasing an opponent - then just stopped. I was shocked. Girlfriend (recent Richmond convert) says "Why did Ritchie stop chasing?"

Why indeed

Disco08 said:
When it's the only opportunity he's had at a prolonged run in the attacking midfield role (his self-proclaimed favourite and the position he played as a junior) it proves he's capable at the very least.

Best tell Dimma who is moving him to the backline where he played his best football last year. Hardwicks words not leysy's.

Disco08 said:
BTW, I thought you were overseas for most of these games? Did you go back and watch them all to see where he was playing?

No have watched some to pass time. Trust leysy he's not hung up on Bling enough to watch games just to peruse him.

Leysy Days said:
Best tell Dimma who is moving him to the backline where he played his best football last year. Hardwicks words not leysy's.

Dimma thinks backline was where he played best and that automatically means he thinks he's incapable of playing the flank/on ball role? Strange logic you employ sometimes Leysy.

Considering line-breaking attacking outside mids are what Hardwick considers we lack the most on our list. Yes.

Disco08 said:

Can you name the excuses and tell us why they're funny?

A dozen decent games? That's laughable.

Go back through the last 140 pages yourself and find them. You know what they are.
And if half of them are true, it shows how mentally unequipped he is to play AFL football.

And what is laughable is that some around here continually refer back to a patch of games last year, which given his career are the exception rather than the rule, to justify how good a player he is.

LidsBling&Cotch said:

Yes that's it, it's everyone's fault except Tambling's. I'd be disappointed if Tambling actually believes what you have just said (that it's not his fault) because if he does believe it then he will never make it.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
And what is laughable is that some around here continually refer back to a patch of games last year, which given his career are the exception rather than the rule, to justify how good a player he is.

Wait there's more. Apparently he was a gun midfielder as a junior too.

Disco08 said:
You still won't perform well with little or no intensity.

K so to summarise then based on your comments. You believe Tambling hasn't shown any lack of intensity at the top level, and the reason for his poor performances is he's been played out of position. And the reason he played so well at the VFL was that he was played in his favoured position, not that the same intensity isn't required at VFL level?

I got it but I don't agree. Doubt many would.

Leysy Days said:

Dimma went further and admitted that they've erred in playing him in the wrong role.
It was nice to hear a coach take some responsibility I must say.

35 possessions at Coburg at least indicates that there is clearly no fitness issues.
This is either an inability to play in set roles or a mental issue. Likely a combination of both.

The way I see it with Ambling is bring him back this week and give him the last 5 games of the year as our small defender.
If he plays good football there ala last season then he might be worth keeping.
Otherwise he's trade bait. He's likely bait regardless.