Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

French Tiger said:
On another site someone is claiming he is off to the Gold Coast

Why would they want him? The only reason they could possibly want Tambling is because they believe that every club needs to have a talented player that consistently under performs.

Tigers2011 said:
He was dreadful last week. Had to be dropped regardless of what name/history he carries.

He's been dreadful all year, not just last week.

SAF said:
Why would they want him?
They are allowed 1 uncontracted player from each club and we don`t have many good players,let alone good uncontracted players.
Tambling had a reasonable year last year so maybe they approached and signed him over the pre-season.

Barnzy said:

10 weeks too late

michael roach said:
They are allowed 1 uncontracted player from each club and we don`t have many good players,let alone good uncontracted players.
Tambling had a reasonable year last year so maybe they approached and signed him over the pre-season.

not if they were supposedly chasing cotch

Harwicks comment on Tambling on SEN, and I reckon he nailed it;

Tambling had some good form playing off a back flank last year, this year they tried to play him more as a forward flank. It hasn't worked. They are now sending him back to Coburg for a few weeks to teach him the new game plan for the back flank.

Anyone else pick up anything from his comments that I missed? He sounded positive about Richies prospects, but then I guess he would wouldn't he?

Hallelujah, Tambling to the backline where he is best suited.

Last chance for his career.

a very astute man is our DH.....
if RT can come back as a learned BP (we know he tackles, he has speed) it frees up someone with more smarts to play further up the ground

Leysy Days said:
Hallelujah, Tambling to the backline where he is best suited.

Last chance for his career.
Agree.....has to be a better option then the other midsize/small BPs we have

Tigers2011 said:
Agreed, but I can't undertsand why anyone could ahve him retained in the team after last week's game.

Spot on. Was the worst effort I have ever seen from him.
Hardwick was left with little option after that performance or the spotlight starts to turn to the coach but once again Dimma proves he's no fool.

Patience and excuses have run dry.
The ball is squarely in Ambling's court.

linuscambridge said:
Harwicks comment on Tambling on SEN, and I reckon he nailed it;

Tambling had some good form playing off a back flank last year, this year they tried to play him more as a forward flank. It hasn't worked. They are now sending him back to Coburg for a few weeks to teach him the new game plan for the back flank.

Anyone else pick up anything from his comments that I missed? He sounded positive about Richies prospects, but then I guess he would wouldn't he?

I also got that he was asked to play as a forward flanker/ wing player but he just wasn't able to do it. He will be back in the 2's for 3-4 weeks before ending out the season in the 1's. I am not sure I read Hardwick as being positive, rather disappointed/neutral about the fact Tambling has to return to what he knows because he couldn't do what is expected/asked of him. Kind of re-enforces his limitations as a player IMO

IanG said:
I thought Hardwick sounded reasonably positive about Tambling's future.

Yeah me too. It would be more likely that Tambling is a required player for 2011 in Damien's eye's and he would choose his words wisely considering Richard has visited the pysch in the past.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Yeah me too. It would be more likely that Tambling is a required player for 2011 in Damien's eye's and he would choose his words wisely considering Richard has visited the pysch in the past.

The fact Beavis stuck with him so long indicates he is a big wrap for Bling. Now Bling has to go away and work to justify that faith.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
The fact Beavis stuck with him so long indicates he is a big wrap for Bling. Now Bling has to go away and work to justify that faith.

I couldn't agree more. There is still time for a twist in the Tambling Thread.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I couldn't agree more. There is still time for a twist in the Tambling Thread.

When he wins the B & F in our premiership year. Then all his fans will come out to play.

IanG said:
I thought Hardwick sounded reasonably positive about Tambling's future.

I agree, it was also pleasing to hear Hardwick take some responsibility for Richie failing to master the position he was given. It's been awhile since I have heard a Richmond coach take any responsibility for anything appart from the wins.