Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Big Cat Lover said:
Biff, I'm surprised you haven't changed to LidsBling with cotch letting the team down with his suspension?

You obvioulsy didn't read my post correctly or maybe you have comprehension issues?

I thought the Col went a bit far. One BOG for Coburg and he's tearing his hair out and stating it shows Tambling is a massive talent? Polo regulalry stands out at Coburg, is he a massive talent too? (some on PRE would say yes). I am aware Tambling has not played much at coburg despite his form warranting more time there. Maybe he is over the compartment syndrome?

I'm hoping he comes back into the side as a BP.

all bar one game polo has never showed the form that tambling has. tambling is a massive talent and anyone would tell you that tambling has more tools then polo.

not sure why people must continually 'kick' our players

LidsBling&Cotch said:
all bar one game polo has never showed the form that tambling has. tambling is a massive talent and anyone would tell you that tambling has more tools then polo.

not sure why people must continually 'kick' our players

Agree that Tambling has more tools than Polo. Massive talent is a massive call. Martin is a massive talent. Cotchin is a massive talent. Reiwoldt is a massive talent. Tambling not in their league, but that doesn't mean he can't be a significant contributor - in the right position.

Not all criticism is simply "kicking" players for the sake of it - surely some criticism is warranted?

LidsBling&Cotch said:
tambling is a massive talent

:shakehead

He's really not though. If he was a "massive talent" he would've adjusted to playing a different position and not put up pathetic performance after pathetic performance, not have to babied into 1 position and still have question marks over his future. People still overrate his talent because of draft position it seems. An average talent, at best.

Big Cat Lover said:
Agree that Tambling has more tools than Polo. Massive talent is a massive call. Martin is a massive talent. Cotchin is a massive talent. Reiwoldt is a massive talent. Tambling not in their league, but that doesn't mean he can't be a significant contributor - in the right position.

Not all criticism is simply "kicking" players for the sake of it - surely some criticism is warranted?

Agreed.

I can't figure it out. I have been told Tambling has received jabs in the legs for soreness, he has had operations on his calf, had issues with other things that have added to the massive list of excuses why he isn't performing well over the last bloody 6 years. He gets dropped and turns out to be BOG.

It must tell us something and that his level is VFL.

Looks like the issues that have been restricting him didn't worry him at all, seemed comfortable out there. I think it comes down to one thing, and that is the stuff between his ears.

BOG for Coburg thats a turn around in form. Would like to see him play at Coburg for a few weeks before we consider a recall to the AFL.
Ambling could win the J. J. Liston Trophy playing for Coburg in 2011 if hes still around.

btoz_01 said:
BOG for Coburg thats a turn around in form. Would like to see him play at Coburg for a few weeks before we consider a recall to the AFL.
Ambling could win the J. J. Liston Trophy playing for Coburg in 2011 if hes still around.

i agree with the first part

second part was a condescending attempt at humour gone very wrong

LidsBling&Cotch said:
i agree with the first part

second part was a condescending attempt at humour gone very wrong

Agree and unnecessary. Sad part about this site and Richmond supporters in general is that it is much more accepted to knock a player than support one.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I can't figure it out. I have been told Tambling has received jabs in the legs for soreness, he has had operations on his calf, had issues with other things that have added to the massive list of excuses why he isn't performing well over the last bloody 6 years. He gets dropped and turns out to be BOG.

It must tell us something and that his level is VFL.

Looks like the issues that have been restricting him didn't worry him at all, seemed comfortable out there. I think it comes down to one thing, and that is the stuff between his ears.
l
You didn't hear about Hardwick saying they tried him at half forward and it didn't work and they were sending him to Coburg to learn the game plan from half back?

Disco08 said:
l
You didn't hear about Hardwick saying they tried him at half forward and it didn't work and they were sending him to Coburg to learn the game plan from half back?

I heard it all right. IMO I think it's more of a mental issue than anything else.

shawry said:
Agree and unnecessary. Sad part about this site and Richmond supporters in general is that it is much more accepted to knock a player than support one.

Supported Ambling for most of his 100+ games there comes a time when you start to question his worth to our club.
Time is very fast running out for him to show us that he can be a good average player.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I heard it all right. IMO I think it's more of a mental issue than anything else.

Possibly. He's never done well as a permanent forward though has he? A good burst here and there but generally struggled to get into games from that spot. It wasn't until last year when he played half back and later the attacking midfield/flank role that he seemed to have a consistent impact on games.

He's hardly been stuck in the forward line getting starved of opportunity up the ground, he's played plenty off a wing this year as said by Hardwick saying his role has been both half forward & wing.

At least Richie is now going to be played in the role that suits him.

If he fails there his career will likely be over, but the club will have everything right by giving him this chance.

Hopefully he grabs it with both hands. There is a spot back there for him if he performs. Sounds like he got off to a decent start which is good.

Disco08 said:
Possibly. He's never done well as a permanent forward though has he? A good burst here and there but generally struggled to get into games from that spot. It wasn't until last year when he played half back and later the attacking midfield/flank role that he seemed to have a consistent impact on games.

Tambling has played a better tune at HB no doubt. I don't want to reiterate over the same old dialogue but I have a feeling Tambling is running out of chances and really needs to ressurect his career.

Have faith in Blign but his efforts this season have left me worried.

Halfback was his role in his best season last year and even back pocket would suit him.

He needs the action in front of him and has the speed to break lines and his kicking skills are good.

With everyone ahead of him he doesnt need to turn in circles. Could b a big part of our back six IMO.

good signs from the reports at Coburg regarding his form at HF

I want him back in, but will be expecting a drop off to some extent

it appears obvious he is better suited to this role, but with the injury issues, it may also be that he is able to handle the lower level of intensity and slower speeds of VFL

if we bring him back and he's still NQR, I'd rest him at Coburg for the year as an early start to pre-season for him so he can hopefully get his body right, and not worry about stats

I think its fantastic that Tambling has put in a great first up effort at Coburg. It begs the question though, firstly why did we persist so long with trying to get him up and running as an attacking wingman come half forward flanker, and two, why wasn't he dropped a long time ago, so that he could find some form (and badly needed confidence) at the lower level before bringing him back in the seniors. Many of us have been able to see that he is simply not a forward and needs to be able to see everything unfold in front of him. I guess belatedly it seems the Richmond heirarchy now agree and are testing him out in the exact role many have believed he should play. Tambling needs to play 3 or 4 more games in at Coburg and show that he can do it consistently, and if that goes well, he will deserve a recall, and I will be happy that he's finally being treated equally as the rest of the team.

Once again congrats Tambling on a fine effort. Now show us that you have the desire to make it as an AFL player.

shawry said:

Totally agree with this statement!! I am only new to this forum and I have found all the negativity astonishing. Some may be warranted, but other players cop it every week over the smallest things rather than making a holistic observation...

Jumping Jack said:
Totally agree with this statement!! I am only new to this forum and I have found all the negativity astonishing. Some may be warranted, but other players cop it every week over the smallest things rather than making a holistic observation...

it must look horrible to new posters such as yourself. but in fairness there is a bit of history. it used to be a fashionable way of making a name for yourself on this site, i know because i did it myself. some of the old petts, tivva, chaffey, hilton threads are not anything im proud of but we were so poor back then it was hard finding positives. but i didn't do it only to get a name for myself, we were that *smile* that our frustrations flowed so easily through our keyboards ;D

these days with so many good/positive signs being displayed from our coaches and players and club in general posters really needto reflect that also. i posted it here a week or so and i'll post it again..............

if we want to see a new age richmond then we need to become new age supporters