Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

B1 and B2 said:
It is amazing when we lose this topic always comes up.

B2
Actually, it came up even when we were winning. Something's not right with him, as his output is just woeful. Thereis no desperation in his game. It's like watching an Under 11's game where there is always a couple of kids who just don't want to go & get the ball.

My argument with B1 on Tambling is:

Is it Richmonds fault?
Or is it Tamblings fault?

if Richmond pick him to play every week then why do we continually give Tambling a hard time? The kid has played 100 games.

What other team would Tambling get a game now??

B2

You people that are defending tambling seem to think we are harsh for jumping on him after this weeks loss. He has been terrible for his whole career with the exception of being maybe average for about a month last season.
Wether he is somewhat injured or not is irrelevant. Could only be relevant if he had been good and then was
suffering some kind of sudden form slump. Absolute complete failure and should be traded while he has some slight currency left.

Watched the replay last night. I know it was a dead rubber, but RT's last quarter was the first time all year he has actually looked like a footballer. Hope its not enough to save him from a month in the Magoos.

chaz said:
You girl i had a crack at u on the Jake King congrates for 50 games telling u their was another jake king post were u could use your opinions about his worth, that this was one just to congratulate someone for achieving something that not many do.
but hey you didn't have the courage to have a crack back their, u have just sneaked in like a little girl and had a sly obscure little dig on another topicI reckon i would have played footy with blokes exactly like u, its usually only in the preseason games, theirs the bloke doing all the stretches socks pulled up centimetre perfect under each knee, jumper tucked in shorts at appropriate positioning, U nudge your mate and say "this guy looks the goods".

Then u run out on the ground and it all goes pear shaped and u tell your self u should have realised when you saw his mom had ironed creases down the front of his shorts >:D
I dislike the way many "blokes" use a girl analogy to criticise as if it's bad. What is wrong with being like a girl? And why is it always mum doing the ironing? Bring yourself into the current century Chaz.

Big Cat Lover said:
I dislike the way many "blokes" use a girl analogy to criticise as if it's bad. What is wrong with being like a girl? And why is it always mum doing the ironing? Bring yourself into the current century Chaz.

Crickey, haven't you heard Big Cat?

According to my 7 year old son, there is no worse slur than being called a girl :hihi

sheepy said:
You people that are defending tambling seem to think we are harsh for jumping on him after this weeks loss. He has been terrible for his whole career with the exception of being maybe average for about a month last season.

Hmm top 5 in the B&F would decry that. Plus he has improved every year he's been at the club until this year. No he's not worthy of the No. 4 pick but that fact is almost irrelevant now, what is relevant is the question is he in our best 22 now? The answer is probably not but don't rewrite history.

chaz said:
You girl i had a crack at u on the Jake King congrates for 50 games telling u their was another jake king post were u could use your opinions about his worth, that this was one just to congratulate someone for achieving something that not many do.
but hey you didn't have the courage to have a crack back their, u have just sneaked in like a little girl and had a sly obscure little dig on another topicI reckon i would have played footy with blokes exactly like u, its usually only in the preseason games, theirs the bloke doing all the stretches socks pulled up centimetre perfect under each knee, jumper tucked in shorts at appropriate positioning, U nudge your mate and say "this guy looks the goods".

Then u run out on the ground and it all goes pear shaped and u tell your self u should have realised when you saw his mom had ironed creases down the front of his shorts >:D
Heheh, I hadn't even noticed your name was Chaz. That was just a random name I picked form 80's cliche movies.

But now I see that it is. It suit you perfectly.

As for the King thread, you are too dopey know a long running joke when you see one.

DO you remember when Ambling had a few good games last year? You know, this is exactly the same excuse St Kilda supports offer for Koschitzke every year. They are all waiting for that 6 game spurt he had 5 years ago in 2005. At Richmond Ambling supporters will still be referring to last years 5 game hypnotic spell of abnormal form 5 years from now using it as a base point of what his form is normally like rather than what it actually is in reality!
How about we accept that last years games were an aberration and the true Ambling is what we have seen for his other 100 games: A fringe player at best.

Who knows we are are talking about a player out of contract at the end of this year. No-one has pointed out the obvious yet. Maybe, just maybe he is one of those supposed 6 uncontracted players who have ALREADY signed whith GC. Maybe he has dumbed himself down deliberately or he just doesn't want any injuries before jumping ship?

Lord knows form, pride or effort are not a priorities for him this year!

Japantiger said:
Who knows were are talking about a player out of contract at the end of this year. No-one has pointed out the obvious yet. Maybe, just maybe he is one of those supposed 6 uncontracted players who have ALREADY signed whith GC. Maybe he has dumbed himself down deliberately or he just doesn't want any injuries before jumping ship?

Lord knows form, pride or effort are not a priorities for him this year!
Maybe he's just injured? Although your point of him deliberately ruining his own reputation is intriguing.

SCOOP said:
If Raines can get a pick 44, then Tambling can get anything between 20 and 40.

You are kidding. Pick 44 would be a massive win for us in the compromised draft. If we could get that it would be a "great escape"...

Spanish Prisoner said:
You are kidding. Pick 44 would be a massive win for us in the compromised draft. If we could get that it would be a "great escape"...

IF he is injured, and only the medicos know for sure, we may want to hang onto him for one more. Because at the moment we would not get much for him.

If he is not injured lets cut our losses and take what we can for him.

Given we have so many questions, it's surprising Dimma hasn't been pressed too much in the media this season regarding Richie's (lack of) form and/or fitness.
I'd certainly like to ask him what the story is.

No way known he should be selected next week on the back of Sunday's performance.
It'll be well time for a 'please explain' from the coach if he is.

Tigers of Old said:
Given we have so many questions, it's surprising Dimma hasn't been pressed too much in the media this season regarding Richie's (lack of) form and/or fitness.
I'd certainly like to ask him what the story is.

No way known he should be selected next week on the back of Sunday's performance.
It'll be well time for a 'please explain' from the coach if he is.

It is odd thats for sure. Hardly a word has been said. And the drop off in form has been astonishing.

Tigers of Old said:

Every team has underperforming players. The two differences with Richie are firstly that he was a high pick, and secondly he has never been an above average player.

We are the only people in the football world that care about the first point - and as a result to the outside world he just another below average player.