Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Although I only saw the game on tv, Tambling's non-efforts were glaringly obvious. I stopped watching the game halfway through the last quarter to go feed my horses and one stomped on my foot...a metaphor for the game when you think about it. Still, I knew a loss was imminent, just thought it would be to the Poiz, now we have to endure at least 2 in a row.

Maybe there's a tinge of favouritism in this from Dimma. I suppose every coach has his habits.

Dimma probably expects Tambling (4th pick) to run into form during 1sts games whereas someone like Morton, in which Dimma rates as a lower level player, is expected to improve in the 2nds only.

Additionally, who at the Coburg Tigers would you replace him with? Morton, Post, Rance have been average. Browne will get a go for a tall. Gilligan and Hicks aren\\\'t ready. Polo could come in I guess, but he hasn\\\'t much form.

flanno said:
Additionally, who at the Coburg Tigers would you replace him with? Morton, Post, Rance have been average. Browne will get a go for a tall. Gilligan and Hicks aren\\\'t ready. Polo could come in I guess, but he hasn\\\'t much form.

Morton, Post, Rance may have been average at Coburg but thats 100 times better than what Ambling has been.
I cant wait for the day that Ambling reaches the dizzy heights of being average.

flanno said:
You have forgotten last year's form quickly, BTox.

What am I thinking... youre right Flacco we should have extended Amblings contract by another 3 years on that effort.

tambling is a lazy squib, and should not be in the 22, should be rotting at coburg until he grows a heart.
maybe its DH trying to keep his trade value up?
package him up with mcmahon and send them both to the bombers

flanno said:

There is a Coburg board and on it is posted the scores, goalkickers and best players. Morton and Rance have been named in the best the last three weeks.

RedanTiger said:
There is a Coburg board and on it is posted the scores, goalkickers and best players. Morton and Rance have been named in the best the last three weeks.

Were you at Pt Gellibrand on Saturday? I was. Morton was invisible. Rance did not do much. I stand by my comments.

Tango said:
invisible puts morton on par with RT and not much is an improvement? :hihi

I am surprised you say that. He's hardly invisible because you seem to know every move he makes.

flanno said:
Were you at Pt Gellibrand on Saturday? I was. Morton was invisible. Rance did not do much. I stand by my comments.

Interesting you say you support unconditionally and appear take offence to Tambo being criticised yet you are less than complementary about other players. What did you think of Richie's game yesterday and season so far? It's far more relevant that last year's form which you mentioned. Mitch kicked 3.2 and was named 2nd best for the team so it's hard to believe he was invisible.

rosy23 said:
Interesting you say you support unconditionally and appear take offence to Tambo being criticised yet you are less than complementary about other players. What did you think of Richie's game yesterday and season so far? It's far more relevant that last year's form which you mentioned. Mitch kicked 3.2 and was named 2nd best for the team so it's hard to believe he was invisible.

Fair point, Rosy. What irks me most is that people are so aggressive and rude towards Richie. He is struggling and probably is injured. He needs a rest.

As for Morton, well I have seen him play a lot at Coburg and I'm sorry, he just isn't making an impact. You can accept the 'best' players if you like, but I am serious when I say he isnt playing well. Coburg form is a funny thing because it is so far away from the AFL that it is hardd to judge. Do you see many Coburg games? I was watching Aker struggle too. You would think he would dominate, but it's hard when the standard is so low.

flanno said:
Fair point, Rosy. What irks me most is that people are so aggressive and rude towards Richie. He is struggling and probably is injured. He needs a rest.

As for Morton, well I have seen him play a lot at Coburg and I'm sorry, he just isn't making an impact.

No I don't get to many Coburg games but even ignoring the best players 3.2 is a handy return. I'm not saying he's making an impact or should be selected but Richie isn't making much of one at Richmond at the moment either. Agree about the agressiveness and rudeness towards anyone, not just favourites. I wondered why you singled out those who gave Richie Bronx cheers as "fat bozos".

There is an intense hatred/loathing of Richie on this thread and it's worrying. The extension of this is the sarcastic cheering at the game. What is that supposed to achieve? It's insulting and embarrassing and I think we would all expect better from the diehard fans.

As for Morton and co at Coburg, well I go along and support them and wish them well. If they play well I am pleased, but if they don't it doesn't cause me to abuse them and heckle them.

However, I think my comments on them were mild compared to the obscenities that Richie was copping.

Fat Bozos? OK I apologise to those who weren't fat or bozos, but seriously some of our so called supporters could do some supporting.

if you look back last year, Bling copped the Bronx cheers in his game against the Doggies. Got dropped thge next week, came back and started playing his best football for the club.

I'll be interested to see how he responds this time.

Yep I agree with that. You've obviously joined up to have a crack at others for getting stuck into Richie but have shown some double standards imo.

Harry said:
The tigers should bring out the tambling membership package. Guaranteed entry to 22 games, get into the dressing rooms before the game, have a jog around with the boys during the game and a free sausage sizzle and a can of coke after the game.

LOL. Gold H ;D

GO TIGES!!!

Baloo said:
if you look back last year, Bling copped the Bronx cheers in his game against the Doggies. Got dropped thge next week, came back and started playing his best football for the club.

I'll be interested to see how he responds this time.

Was that the week around which time the hypnotherapy supposedly took his game to the next level ?