Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Barnzy said:
Real question is SCOOP, why would want anyone want to trade for him? Hopefully someone is dumb enough to take him off our hands but if not he's delist material. Time to cut our losses.

I am sure someone, most likely Port Adelaide, the scrapheap for Richmond rejects, would take Tambling. Many are pointing to GC. I personally can't see why GC would take Tambling. They can take one uncontracted from every club but this doesn't guarantee they will take a player from every club if it doesn't warrant it. If we're looking to increase Tambling's value by playing him regardless, I think we would have been better claiming him as a long-term injured and selling his merits for next year. He's been a shambles. In a way its pretty sad now that he gets jeered when he touches the ball. I blame the football club for this, as clearly he shouldn't be gifted games when he is not currently up to it (whether form-wise, physically wise or mentally wise - or all of the above). It's just not the right thing to do on so many levels.

Barnzy said:
Hopefully someone is dumb enough to take him off our hands but if not he's delist material.

If life exists out in space maybe we can convince them to take Tambling. On the otherhand I'm not sure what they can give us in return.

We can easily just take the recent Freo game as a standard level of play and players that is acceptable.

So, did we "better" the Richmond Senior side by the inclusion of Tambling for the North game.

No, we went backwards in the position on the field he filled.

End of story.

How come Morton spends time at Coburg to work on the defensive side of his game.
When Ambling doesnt have an offensive or defensive side to his game and still gets a game???
Seems like a double standard to me.

Barnzy said:
Real question is SCOOP, why would want anyone want to trade for him? Hopefully someone is dumb enough to take him off our hands but if not he's delist material. Time to cut our losses.

If Raines can get a pick 44, then Tambling can get anything between 20 and 40.

Just got to get involved with the right deal, doesn't have to be a two team deal, just get involved.

Some other club will see the worth in Tambling. If Brett Peake can get a game at St Kilda then I have no doubt that RIchard Tambling can find a home. Hell, he could still be a good AFL player, just don't see it happening at Richmond.

While Tambling has been poor, I believe supporters in general are overreacting to the emotion of losing and hence are being a bit more harsh than they should be.

Stats don't tell the full story, but I find it interesting how these two players could be so similar yesterday, but have such a huge difference in opinion:

Player A: 11 pos, 82% eff, 4 contested, 2 I50, 2 clangers, 4 tackles

Player B: 12 pos, 50% eff, 5 contested, 4 I50, 4 clangers, 3 tackles

The second player gave away a 50m penalty that ended our chances of winning the game. Of course stats don't tell the full story, and I know Cotchin is a gun, but I find it interesting how one player can make a devestating mistake, have more clangers and not have one bad word said, while the other player gets calls to be delisted.

Again I repeat, Trent is clearly on another level, but I find it interesting how he has immunity and a player who was no worse gets called to be delisted. Gary March said Trent was sore and only 50/50 to play, so I'm not suggesting anybody should critisise him. I just find it interesting that he was no better than Tambling, yet opinions on here suggest Tambling's performance yesterday was one of the worst they can remember from a Tigers player. We should be aware of making negative statements after losses, because it's times like these that posters say stupid things like "trade Jack Riewoldt" lmao.

We need him to get his mind right, because Bling does have the ability to be good enough to play in a successful team.

And that is why Hardwick has played him all year.

Because it was near a one off for Chimp. He is also 4 years younger.

If he had the season Richie's had there would be questions asked. Saying that the expectations on Tambling are way over the top.

Leysy Days said:
Because it was near a one off for Chimp. He is also 4 years younger.

If he had the season Richie's had there would be questions asked. Saying that the expectations on Tambling are way over the top.

Agree, I am trying to show that Richard isn't quite as bad as most people think. He has got a chance of being a good ordinary player for us over the coming years, and calls to delist him are over the top.

Richie getting a weekly gig just goes to show I know very little about footy, 'cos I would have dropped him many weeks ago.
IMO the club owes it to US and to RICHIE to explain why he is deserving of a spot in the team.
Bronx cheers are not helpful to anyone.
So just tell us why he's getting a game.
Who knows, we may open our eyes and agree.

Your move Dimma.

Why Beavis keeps playing him is a real mystery. I haven't seen yesterday's game but it doesn't sound any worse than most of his games this year.

I think it'd be in everyone's best interests to get a story on the RFC site explaining the situation, especially if he isn't dropped this week. As it is you only need to read this thread to see the disdain some supporters have for him.

Disco08 said:
Why Beavis keeps playing him is a real mystery. I haven't seen yesterday's game but it doesn't sound any worse than most of his games this year.

I think it'd be in everyone's best interests to get a story on the RFC site explaining the situation, especially if he isn't dropped this week. As it is you only need to read this thread to see the disdain some supporters have for him.

Apart from this thread, the most damning thing was the bronx cheers during yesterday's game. Fairly clear what the majority of supporters at the game thought of his game(s).

Probably even more damning to me was that he played a lot better in the last quarter after the bronx cheers. His desire must be questioned after that.

Disco08 said:

It was worse Disco. He really looks like a player with zero confidence. But again, he played in the forward line for most of the game and he has shown it's not his go. His kicks in the last were mostly behind centre. No room for him on the HB line with Deledio, newman, Connors, Moore. Still wish they'd give him a shot at the back pocket this week, nothing would make him work harder than following a Davis or Didak around the forward line. At least we would get a better idea of his desire for the contest.

Yesterday in the last quarter Richie got the ball a few times and these fat bozos in the cheersquad gave him the bronx cheer.

Poor form fellas! :(

Disco08 said:

Unfortunately for Richie I agree about the mystery. There's a lack of understanding of the reasoning behind his situation, and there does appear to be some double standards in regard to certain players. The frustration seems to cause people to question him a bit more than other players.

I haven't seen the game either but listening on the radio I think he only had one or two touches by 3/4 time. If so that's very poor for one of our more experienced players so I can understand the questions.

It's certainly bewildering but all I can do is have faith that those in charge to know more than I do in regard to Richie's playing welfare.

flanno said:
Yesterday in the last quarter Richie got the ball a few times and these fat bozos in the cheersquad gave him the bronx cheer.

Poor form fellas! :(

I'm not fat, I'm not a bozo and I'm not in the cheer squad yet I gave rambling the Bronx cheer yesterday when he finally took the simplest of chest marks after dropping 2 or 3 of them throughout the game. I was also one of the many who cheered the week before when it was announced at etihad that he was a late withdrawal.
This isn't a reaction to losing. Rambling has been no good for a long time. Big test for hardwick, he keeps making claims about pressure saying if you don't tackle etc there is no place for you, well Ritchie laid 1 tackle yesterday. 1. Disgusting.

rockstar_tiger said:
Agree, I am trying to show that Richard isn't quite as bad as most people think. He has got a chance of being a good ordinary player for us over the coming years, and calls to delist him are over the top.

actually he is worse. most of his 11 posessions came in the last quarter when the game was dead. when the game was alive in the first chimp was one of our best. ridiculous to compare the 2. insane.

rosy has pointed it out and it's obvious - tambling pretends to chase and pretends to be near enough to a contest to be seen trying. he is hopeless. double standards with tambling - why does morton rot in the reserves for not trying or putting his body on the line? I agree with this but you have to be consistent with all players.

It's a shame no one asked Gary March at the post match perty what the situation is with Bling.

Agree that it's now reached the point with the supporters that the club needs to tell us what is happening for Richie's sake.

I suppose this is a radical idea, but when I barrack for the team i do so unconditionally. Richie was in the team and so I hoped he would do well. To boo him and make wisecracks and sarcastically cheer him is just plain wrong.