Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

The tigers should bring out the tambling membership package. Guaranteed entry to 22 games, get into the dressing rooms before the game, have a jog around with the boys during the game and a free sausage sizzle and a can of coke after the game.

Harry said:
The tigers should bring out the tambling membership package. Guaranteed entry to 22 games, get into the dressing rooms before the game, have a jog around with the boys during the game and a free sausage sizzle and a can of coke after the game.

There are a few on this site that would love that membership ;D

IrockZ said:
It's called Jogging.

Nah not what I was referring to. It could be sprinting depending on where the ball is or how fast the opponent is. It's like an act to be seen to be making the right moves whilst making sure it remains just a bit out of reach. Pettifer used to do it then throw his hands in the air as if to say well I tried. Rockstar's post indicates he might have noticed what I mean.

arlobill said:
tim watson said it all in the last quater.."he doesnt work hard enough"

Us real supporters that are fortunate enough to see Tambling week in, week out, have been telling you for the last 6 years.

Punxsutawney Phil said:
We have already given him 100 games, of which he has played probably a dozen good ones. He has been given more chances that most others would get. If he hasn't given us anything to now, I can't see the last 6 weeks being any different.

I would actually see if we can get Tambling to play a game or two for his old NT side.
Try to get him to regain his passion and love of the game.
Then come back and play the year out.

Works in Hollywood....make just work here :)

TigerMad said:
I would actually see if we can get Tambling to play a game or two for his old NT side.
Try to get him to regain his passion and love of the game.
Then come back and play the year out.

Works in Hollywood....make just work here :)

Maybe we should get him to go to his graduation party again. Only this time he gets the popular girl and someone named Chaz is embarrassed in front of everyone.

Has to go to Coburg.

No effort, no work rate and no ability to work into games.

Trade bait.

Richie played in Nasons role across half forward.

Its the age old thing of Richie not knowing when & where to run. He doesnt read the flow of play to know where to go to make himself useful.

In this position that ability is crucial, which is why he's struggled to consistently play decent footy in that role.

Watched him closely on the weekend. I don't think his team mates have the confidence to pass it to him. I saw Cotch, Lids, Tucky and Newman all go to 50-50 contests and bypass Bling on his own.

Eirther he was running to real poor positions, or his team mates don't want to give him the ball.

I actually feel for him, because I don't think there is a road back when your own team mates don't want you to have the ball....

Leysy Days said:

Its the age old thing of Richie not knowing when & where to run. He doesnt read the flow of play to know where to go to make himself useful.

In this position that ability is crucial, which is why he's struggled to consistently play decent footy in that role.
Well summed up Leysy

Leysy Days said:

Spot on Leysy... it was a little sad watching how confused he was trying to work out where to lead or go to to find space. As both you and I (and many others have always said), this guy can only play well with the ball in front of him. Only chance in AFL is in Connors/Farmers type roles and playing him on wing/HF is just insanity.

Another putrid game. Played way too many games to have excuses made for him.
Would happily take draft picks from gold coast to ship him off up there next season.

SCOOP said:
Has to go to Coburg.

No effort, no work rate and no ability to work into games.

Trade bait.

Real question is SCOOP, why would want anyone want to trade for him? Hopefully someone is dumb enough to take him off our hands but if not he's delist material. Time to cut our losses.

Leysy Days said:
Its the age old thing of Richie not knowing when & where to run.

Just on this...

Is it possible he just doesn't have that real desire for the ball? Like what Rosy said, to me it seems like he's doing a Pettifer and trying to make it look like he's running all for the sake of looking like he's working, when he's not.

I think it's possible he's scared of getting it.

When he gets the ball in a pack - what is the first thing he does? He ducks his head, lets himself get tackled and then he feels secure again because he isn't being chased by a bunch of strong guys who have been slagging him off all match.

When he runs to the wrong spots, or should I say appearing to 'run', does he genuinely want the ball? Maybe deep down he's scared of getting the ball, because of the pressure and possible critisism it will draw? Bronx cheers, committing a turnover and getting critisised, fumbling and having the footy world laugh at him... maybe subconsciously he just doesn't really want the ball because he's scared of the risk.

That results in him only making a play when it's a safe move or if he's frustrated (eg last quarter and has barely touched it).

I'm trying to think of an explaination for him running to the wrong spots, because I'd like to think Tambling has shown footy smarts in the past.

Barnzy said:
Real question is SCOOP, why would want anyone want to trade for him? He's delist material.

I think you'd be surprised what he'd fetch in the current climate given what some other recycleds have fetched of late.

Still we haven't moved to extend his contract beyond this season to my knowledge. Perhaps he'll head to GC17 as our uncontracted player.

Ps. the explaination I gave above would explain why his form improved dramatically last year when a hypnotist/psychologist reminded him of the feeling he had as an 18yo and played without fear.

Tigers of Old said:
I think you'd be surprised what he'd fetch in the current climate given what some other recycleds have fetched of late.

Still we haven't moved to extend his contract beyond this season to my knowledge. Perhaps he'll head to GC17 as our uncontracted player.

True. A couple of teams did take Raines and Schulz so anything is possible. Tambling is losing value very quickly by the week though.