Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

I don't know if anyone else has noticed it but at times when I've watched Richie closley, and more at live games than on telly, he seems to have developed a bit of a habit that Kayne Pettifermade an artform of. He tends to make it look as though he's busy running but not actually making a real effort to get to the ball. It's almost like faking it.

Just drop him and be done with it - he's finished with us. He's had enough chances and hasn't shown enough. I still don't know what his real position should be. We've tried him everywhere and he's shown no consistent high performance in any. Trade at year's end - I'm sure he'll learn to love the Gold Coast. Don't care where (as with McMahon) - just go.

evo said:
LOL  :eek: .

Clearly you haven't read the last 100 pages.

Not closely that's for sure.  The thread bores me.  I'll have a glance through and see who else mentioned it though. Am I more likley to find it at toe start or the end?

rosy23 said:
I don't know if anyone else has noticed it but at times when I've watched Richie closley, and more at live games than on telly, he seems to have developed a bit of a habit that Kayne Pettifermade an artform of. He tends to make it look as though he's busy running but not actually making a real effort to get to the ball. It's almost like faking it.

It's called Jogging.

The thing that frustrates me about Tambling is that he presents for a lead once, if it doesn't get honored then he jogs back toward goals while the ball sails over his head, I see this all the time and I sit there wondering why he doesn't make 2, 3 or 4 leads, run his opponent around and into the ground. He sure has disappointed me today and i'm starting to lose faith HOWEVER a lot of the boys were down today so I don't think that bling should shoulder all of our criticism.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Agree and should warrant automatic selection next week.

Those posessions in junk time in the last quarter should be added in his highlights tape for motivation.

Haha... the funny thing is, that's probably true. They'll show the tape to him for motivation, to boost his confidence, and it might save him for next week (providing he wasn't already safe due to something we don't know about).

Rosy, you are right, good call on the comparison to Pettifer too. The difference (I hope) is that Kayne seemed to want to avoid contact, where Bling seems scared and has no confidence. I hope this means Bling has more hope of improvement.

There is a long list of talented players who couldn't handle AFL.

If Tambling can play like he did in the last quarter (about 6 possies linking up) all game, he'd be a handy contributor.

As a club, it's players like this that determine our success. Our professionalism as a club and ability to improve these 18-24 best players into solid ones is what seperates finalists from top 4 teams.

It's not so much that I just want Tambling to be a good player.... but to be a successful club we need to get players like him to be useful.

lol - the witness. back to his best.

near enough to a contest is good enough.

look guys i'm trying to chase.

how we pick this guy ahead of morton is a joke. this guy is twice the bludger and twice as weak as morton. at least morton has some smarts and will kick a few goals

Good-bye Ambling, it's been a great ride (for some).
I on the other hand knew your game style was not suitable for Senior Football in a SUCCESSFUL team from the first handful of times you played for the club.

You only make up the numbers in a football team. You don't value add to the side.
You run WITH the action instead of being part of it.
You choke when given the ball.
You tackle when it suits you.
You use the afterburners when it suits you.
And most of all....

You cannot HOLD DOWN ANY POSITION in a Senior Richmond side.

I don't give a hoot about your leg 'issues'.
I don't give a hoot if your under the spell of the world's greatest hypnotist.

I want you out of the senior side now.
You're the weakest link in any Hardwick selected Richmond side.

Make future engagements with any football side in Australia.
Just get out of my Richmond. You're game style (whatever that is!) is now a liability.
The experiment needs to end NOW.
:'(

Scribblar said:
Good-bye Ambling, it's been a great ride (for some).
I on the other hand knew your game style was not suitable for Senior Football in a SUCCESSFUL team from the first handful of times you played for the club.

You only make up the numbers in a football team. You don't value add to the side.
You run WITH the action instead of being part of it.
You choke when given the ball.
You tackle when it suits you.
You use the afterburners when it suits you.
And most of all....

You cannot HOLD DOWN ANY POSITION in a Senior Richmond side.

I don't give a hoot about your leg 'issues'.
I don't give a hoot if your under the spell of the world's greatest hypnotist.

I want you out of the senior side now.
You're the weakest link in any Hardwick selected Richmond side.

Make future engagements with any football side in Australia.
Just get out of my Richmond. You're game style (whatever that is!) is now a liability.
The experiment needs to end NOW.
:'(

Be careful scribbler you're CAPS and bold comments tell us more than just you're thoughts about Tambling.

Harry said:
lol - the witness. back to his best.
I try to avoid bagging Bling; it is so damn passe'. But he really has deserved it the last few weeks

Kudos to you for coming up with the most apt name ever.

Skills said:
Be careful scribbler you're CAPS and bold comments tell us more than just you're thoughts about Tambling.

Bigfooty?

Were we lovers? Or just a one night stand?

:spin

well as they say..
if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all

Been willing and hoping Tambo would turn the corner sometime this year.Hasn,t happened and i doubt it ever will now.Time to cut our losses.