Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

Sorry Rockstar, but to say its his body is too simple an explanation. He has been subpar for six years now, that is not body related. 10 good games in your fifth season and pure crap for the other 90 odd is not good enough.

I have said it many times and been shot down, he does not have the heart, desire, dedication or ability to be anything more than what he is showing now.

2009 was an abberation.

To me there is one peice of the puzzle here that might be solved very soon.

I have felt that Dimma has been sticking with blokes to see what they have to offer regardless of how they are playing.

Until last week I didn't think that Bling was really in this group, but after today I am sure he is.

If he gets dropped in the next few weeks, I'll think it could very well be goodbye. Unless he is dropped due to his foot injury, in which case I am not sure why he has even been playing.

rockstar_tiger said:
I know I'll cop it for saying this, but I still think he could be a good player for us *shields head*

He's good enough to hold a back pocket if all else fails, no point delisting him. He's got all the tools accept for intensity, which is a mental thing.

Connors to the midfield and Tambling to play on a HBF? Farmer to the wing and Bling plays deeper back?

When his body improves... his confidence will also improve... and he has enough tools to at least be a good ordinary player. No reason why he can't get back to last year's form :)

And yes I was very disappointed in his game today, but I wouldn't delist him for it.

how much time do you wanna give him? but i guess we gave newman 10 years... so ambling still has plenty of time doesn't he?

i dont think anyone sticking up tamblings performance today is doing themselves, or him, any favours.
he was poor.

Tigers of Old said:
In your opinion. I'll stick with mine thanks.

Comparing tAmbling to Riewoldt is what's funny.

I can't wait to hear that passion when we're winning finals in the future ;)

Tambling's game against the Bulldogs last year was far worse.

He's received bronx cheers maybe 6-7 times in his career too.

Although the fact that todays game was NOT his worst is not really much of a defence for him :hihi

rockstar_tiger said:
I can't wait to hear that passion when we're winning finals in the future ;)

I've got no idea where you're going with that but anyway I'll stick with my opinion.

Last year he had an excuse according to his then coach for that performance and at the time he was apparently still on the way up..this year the same cannot be said. He's gone backwards.

Today he shuffled around more than an Ipod.

The guy just doesn't know where to go to get the ball. He is always in in no mans land...watching balls go over his head, or just that half pace short of getting the ball. He gives us absolutely nothing.

I can't believe he has played over 100 games, and keeps getting straight back in the side after being out with injury, when he has shown absolutely nothing for the whole season.

enough of the excuses.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
No idea what the problem is, but there is a problem.

Agree there must be a problem because we KNOW he can do so much better. My problem is, why are we persisting with him in the seniors. I don't think its doing us or him any favors.

His confidence must be taking a fair battering when he is getting weekly Bronx cheers from his own supporters.

Tigers of Old said:
I've got no idea where you're going with that but anyway I'll stick with my opinion.

Last year he had an excuse according to his then coach for that performance and at the time he was apparently still on the way up..this year the same cannot be said. He's gone backwards.

Today he shuffled around more than an Ipod.

He's been the biggest disappointment of the season so far for me. I really can't explain such a change in form.

His last quarter was more than acceptable, but the first 3 were quite disappointing. If the week off didn't refresh his body then our psychologist has a lot of work to do.
The thing is, when he gets the ball in space he looks good. He just doesn't get to nerly enough contests. He's not making poor decisions with the ball, he's just not running or working hard enough. In my eyes a player like this is a risk when playing finals... but they could also be more likely to contribute than if you put the game time into a kid with less talent (Eg a Raines type).

I'll watch over him from my position on the fence for now, but I do hope we can get the best out of him, even just to know our club is more capable of bringing out potential now.

Incredibly dissapointing, wont question what DH is doing however IMHO should be at the burgers next week

Cant work out how in the modern game can someone who plays alot in the midfield is averaging under 13 touches a game

mb64 said:
ls Tambling contracted for next year?

No... Amblings contracted till end of 2010.
All Ambling does is plod along all day chasing the opposition. He needs to spend some quality time at Coburg.

I think I would play Ambling out for the rest of the year. We have invested a lot in this lad. Try him in different positions. If he doesnt show something, there is a very good chance he will be shown the door.

thisistigerland said:
I think I would play Ambling out for the rest of the year. We have invested a lot in this lad. Try him in different positions. If he doesnt show something, there is a very good chance he will be shown the door.

We know where he goes well, but Deledio and Connors are better at it than Tambling.

thisistigerland said:
No doubt he'll be put up for trade

thisistigerland said:
We have already given him 100 games, of which he has played probably a dozen good ones. He has been given more chances that most others would get. If he hasn't given us anything to now, I can't see the last 6 weeks being any different.

The jury was always out with Tambling, I was so hoping he was going to have a good year, however after todays game and the games he has played so far this year I believe there has to be better prospects to replace him. Just don't think he has smarts and certainly has not learnt where to be at the right time. Has been given an excellent opportunity over the years to prove himself but unfortunately he just don't cut the mustard.

rockstar_tiger said:
His last quarter was more than acceptable

Agree and should warrant automatic selection next week.

Those posessions in junk time in the last quarter should be added in his highlights tape for motivation.