Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling [Merged]

tha8ball said:
just dont know what he offers.

says it all. if his career is not over at richmond after today, then dimma must see things differently than what we do

Tigers of Old said:
Worst game I have seen him play. Inexcusably poor.
At the crossroads of his AFL career right now.
I've been hoping he'd come good, but I've now given up on him. He plays like he's given up on himself being an elite AFL player. No urgency or desperation. He was the type and size of player who had to stand up on a day like today and he didn't. Trade at year's end.

tropicaltiger said:
agreed is playing like crap, but is still would be considered in our best 12-14 players most weeks, today included. doing his share and more of the 1%ers.

No.

Not even close. Again dont know if he is injured but today is rock bottom. He gave up a chase in the first quarter and went downhill from there.
Now lets face it we really copped a smashing today, the bubble had to burst and they killed us in every department.

But Dimma simply cannot carry Ritchie any longer. Must be dropped. We can pluck any one of our players from Coburg and they would give more. I am dead serious when i say Jordy would give more ATM.

Ritchie is like the scarecrow, the tin man and the lion from the Wizard of Oz all in one. No heart, no brain and no courage.

maybe it's time he went back and got hypnotized again.

geoffryprettyboy said:
You want to take a punt and tell us who the next whipping boy may be?

Hopefully no-one. McMuffin's a gonner already........I hope.

If the club is serious about tambling they would cut their loses.

it's not tambling fault he was chosen at pick 4 it's more about his input for the team. He is not part of RFC future.

he should be traded & if no takers just delist him and RFC to move on

Trade for whatever we gain, he is of little use to us, but maybe of use to another team, always liked him but goodbye.

Al Bundy said:
it's not tambling fault he was chosen at pick 4

It's gone beyond excuses, expectation and disappointment.

Right now it wouldn't matter if he was pick 62 in the rookie draft.
He's beyond struggling, he's an absolute liability out there.

I have watched him closely in many games this year and he simply is not pushing to anywhere near enough contests.
It is like he's given up.

Richard Ambling has just about had his papers stamped.

Tigers of Old said:
Worst game I have seen him play. Inexcusably poor.
At the crossroads of his AFL career right now.

Agreed ToO.

Watching him amble around nearly made my blood boil, then when the ball came near him he stuffed it up or didn't do anything with it. I also think people overrate his supposed "talent", he's just a fringe player. Won't be around in 2-3 years.

I know I'll cop it for saying this, but I still think he could be a good player for us *shields head*

He's good enough to hold a back pocket if all else fails, no point delisting him. He's got all the tools accept for intensity, which is a mental thing.

Connors to the midfield and Tambling to play on a HBF? Farmer to the wing and Bling plays deeper back?

When his body improves... his confidence will also improve... and he has enough tools to at least be a good ordinary player. No reason why he can't get back to last year's form :)

And yes I was very disappointed in his game today, but I wouldn't delist him for it.

Ambling sprinted along the MCC members wing for the first time this year rather tan jogging. :spin He has now wooed the members on both sides of the ground once each. Surely we wouldn't expect him to over do it with his injury and all. The energy, courage and gut running he showed today was his best all year. I am sure he has an enormous reserve of energy left over for his lady friend tonight. didn't you hear how the supports cheer him every time he touches the ball? Isn't it so fantastic that all those supporters see what Dimma sees week in, week out on the field. When we played the Swans he received the same support. Again he was clearly one of the best tigers out there today. I am sure he'll find some form around the 200 game mark. He has such potential to be one of our best fringe players. Keep up the steller work rate Ambling. You're the best!
:vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit :vomit

Tigers of Old said:
Worst game I have seen him play.

There's no need to over reaction to the loss.

Tambling's played several worse games than this. It's like Jack Riewoldt earlier this year, people wanted to drop him because they were upset at the team lmao.

Overreaction.

Well Richie has about 6 games to cement his future, otherwise RFC will have to llook seriously at trading him to GC. Whether they want him or not is another question of course. I still think he has currency. There's not too many top 10 draft picks that dont get a second chance. Everyone thinks because they went top 10 then they must be good and that the new club can rectify whatever it was.

rockstar_tiger said:
There's no need to over reaction to the loss.

Tambling's played several worse games than this. It's like Jack Riewoldt earlier this year, people wanted to drop him because they were upset at the team lmao.

Overreaction.

In your opinion. I'll stick with mine thanks.

Comparing tAmbling to Riewoldt is what's funny.

rockstar_tiger said:
I know I'll cop it for saying this, but I still think he could be a good player for us *shields head*

He's good enough to hold a back pocket if all else fails, no point delisting him. He's got all the tools accept for intensity, which is a mental thing.

Connors to the midfield and Tambling to play on a HBF? Farmer to the wing and Bling plays deeper back?

When his body improves... his confidence will also improve... and he has enough tools to at least be a good ordinary player. No reason why he can't get back to last year's form :)

And yes I was very disappointed in his game today, but I wouldn't delist him for it.
here here