Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok.

Tambo was far from pathetic today.
I was at the game, sitting high up in the stands, and had a good look at him(and also at Lids).
His opponent didn't star.
Whilst Tambling was far from BOG, he did a lot of nice things, including a number of good tackles, and a good goal from around 40m with a lot of pressure around him.
Also, unlike most players on the ground, except for Deledio (and Goodes) when he ran through the centre, and ran away from his opponents, he looked liked he could make a goal happen for Richmond, early in the last quarter. We just need to keep perservering with him and he'll turn into a match winner for us.
I saw him run plenty to match up his opponent, and whilst he's not yet at the Aaron Davey level (and who is?), he's certainly not lazy like many say he is.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.....
We should've got Buddy...BIG MISTAKE!

Tambling to Coburg

Tambling's game today was not up to senior level. He does not deserve to be a walk up start to the senior team on his current form. I think he needs some confidence building games with Coburg and I mean games not just dropped for one week. He looks like he hasn't picked up the tempo of AFL yet. Rather than crucify the kid let him be one of Coburgs best on a regular basis, get confidence in his game and earn his spot as Nathan Foley had to. Otherwise he loses all confidence and the Tigers lose a player with a lot of potential.

Re: Tambling to Coburg

Shers said:
And who will replace hime Tora, that deserves the game?

How did he deserve his time in the seniors Shers?

Give another kid a go and see how he does without earning a place.

How long can we carry Tambo? Hopefully Brownies back to make the decision easier.....

Is that the point Shers? The point is to wake Richard up a bit that is all. I'd like Meyer to get another taste of it too.

And which kid? Meyer has done nothing deserving.
Browny is the only one. But if Simmo comes back also, I'd drop Patto well before Tambo.

Great idea, lets bring in a ruckman who is underdone in fitness and drop the guy who can support him off the bench and around the ground in the ruck. Genius move that one.

Or better idea, give Simmo a game for Coburg.
And so who do we bring in for Tambo, Zero?

No one, don't drop him
His confidence is already an issue, why make it worse by dropping him
His workrate I agree is an issue, but I also think people have far too high expectations

Thought he did OK and kicked a great snap. But overall, found it tough going against the Swans, especially in close at the stoppages and around the packs.

This place is bizzarre it is like the Twilight Zone.

I actually saw Tambo run to contests unlike some of our senior players... do you people watch the same games as I do ?

::)

feisty tige said:
This place is bizzarre it is like the Twilight Zone.

I actually saw Tambo run to contests unlike some of our senior players... do you people watch the same games as I do ?

::)
Totally agree Feisty. I was there-Tambo presented and chased-his pace is electrifying-needs senior experience-dropping either him or Patto-who was great considering-especially his second efforts around the contest---is just plain dumb

Getting very sick of the Tambling bashing around here. He was far from our worst agst Swans. Just leave him there for a while and measure his overall performance after about 8 weeks, not just 2.

No point dropping him as there is nobody performing better on the training track deserving a run ahead of him.

Yes, he did chase on occasions BUT several times he dog-trotted behind Swan players and only ran hard after the Swan player received the ball. His closing speed was fantastic and it looked good but he was too late to make the hard run.

He has to learn to work hard to prevent opponents getting clear and becoming options for their teammates.

Bling needs to stay in the seniors to get his confidence up and to help his development.
He was far from the worst player out there yesterday.

Cutterst said:
No point dropping him as there is nobody performing better on the training track deserving a run ahead of him.

Yes, he did chase on occasions BUT several times he dog-trotted behind Swan players and only ran hard after the Swan player received the ball. His closing speed was fantastic and it looked good but he was too late to make the hard run.

He has to learn to work hard to prevent opponents getting clear and becoming options for their teammates.
Great post.

Totally disagree for Richard to travel to Harding Street. Speaking to an expert yesterday, they told me it won't be a bad idea for TW give Richard free reign and let im play his natural game without bamboozling him with which zone he may enter, when he may enter zones, if the MCC grandstand shadow is visible or not etc.

Let him play his natural game, let him lose, without being accountable, for the time being.