Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok.

He's coming along.

Still enough to keep me watching. Still fumbles too much but his intensity at the contest was OK.

lamb22 said:
Tigers of Old said:
2 goals but crikey Bling was quiet.
I'm getting a little worried to be honest when my favourite whipping boy Krak, upstages our no4 draft pick.
Despite being his Prez, seriously Richie may deserve a run with Coburg..... :-\

Disagree Oldie - tambling looking better with each outing - If he was with a strong side would already have exploded.

Was disapointed last week but his work better this week - I think Wallace needs to tell him to forget about zoning or sitting in the right hole or herding sheep and let him play on his instincts and to throw himself at every contest.

How do you justify that comment? He was hardly in the action whatsoever lamby?

Our no4 draft pick needs to start ripping games open yet despite trying to get into the game was virtually unsighted.

What were his stats?

Even though he wasnt great, really he dosent get much time on the ground playing anywhere but the forward line. He probably should go back to coburg and play the whole game on the ball. I think the most pleasing thing about his game today was that he kicked 2 goals despite barely touching the ball.

Reading the stats it says he had 5 tackles, i wonder how many of them were effective?

Tigers of Old said:
lamb22 said:
Tigers of Old said:
I'm getting a little worried to be honest when my favourite whipping boy Krak, upstages our no4 draft pick.

Disagree Oldie - tambling looking better with each outing - If he was with a strong side would already have exploded.

Was disapointed last week but his work better this week - I think Wallace needs to tell him to forget about zoning or sitting in the right hole or herding sheep and let him play on his instincts and to throw himself at every contest.

Our no4 draft pick needs to start ripping games open yet despite trying to get into the game was virtually unsighted.

What were his stats?

Don't worry about the stat book ToO, no stats will measure how lost Tambling looked today.

I shouldn't speak too soon, the Tambling lovers will say he kicked two goals, yeah, two gimmies!

checkside said:
Even though he wasnt great, really he dosent get much time on the ground playing anywhere but the forward line. He probably should go back to coburg and play the whole game on the ball. I think the most pleasing thing about his game today was that he kicked 2 goals despite barely touching the ball.

Reading the stats it says he had 5 tackles, i wonder how many of them were effective?

Are they paying touches of the jumpers as tackles?

He is not working hard enough. Until he does, there has to be questions asked surely?

I'm disapointed in Richard.

Tigerbob said:
checkside said:

Are they paying touches of the jumpers as tackles?

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Oops, sorry!

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
lamb22 said:
Tigers of Old said:

What were his stats?

Don't worry about the stat book ToO, no stats will measure how lost Tambling looked today.

I shouldn't speak too soon, the Tambling lovers will say he kicked two goals, yeah, two gimmies!
One was a gimme, the other was alright.

checkside said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
lamb22 said:
Tigers of Old said:

What were his stats?

One was a gimme, the other was alright.

Agree, the second one was a booowty, it started our come back.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
lamb22 said:
Tigers of Old said:

What were his stats?

If he kicked two goals every week you'd take it but honestly he's being touted as an inside mid and quite simply he isn't getting anywhere near involved enough given the wraps on him.

Despite this angst, I still have great hope for Ritchie. Sheesh we all do but I'm seriously beginning to doubt that he's about to explode and become 'the greatest Aboriginal player of all time'. I'll just be happy to see him make asolid contribution at this point...

Harry said:
Tambling has had a free ride so far and Krakouer has had one for 5 years now. Tivendale has had a free ride for most of his carreer.

Both Tiv and Krak have proved worthy of their selection in our 2 games so far.

I think Richie is still a bit light and careful consideration needs to be given to the role he's asked to play while he develops. Don't want the confidence knocked out of him.

Just wondering if we're going to have to hear about his deficiencies every week, or if we can give him more than one game to sort them out. Every player on our list has faults but no-one has them pointed out as often as Tambling, save maybe Tivendale and Krakouer, but these guys aren't 20 year olds still in development.

rosy23 said:
Harry said:
Tambling has had a free ride so far and Krakouer has had one for 5 years now. Tivendale has had a free ride for most of his carreer.

I think Richie is still a bit light and careful consideration needs to be given to the role he's asked to play while he develops. Don't want the confidence knocked out of him.

You know rosy, you are absolutely 100% correct. Our fans expect richie to be performing like a chris judd and why i dont know. He's only 19 for petes sake.

Please folks, please understand we were playing a very experienced side today. You dont play in 2 consecutive GF by chance. We had a lot of positives out there today. Graham Polak is a little beauty and will own the backline when simmo returns.

Our kids are a hell of a lot better than the knobs danny frawdley had running around for us. Gimme the kids anyday.

Despite scoring goals Steve Johnson got dropped by the Cats last year until he started playing better team footy. I think Bling has to go down specifically until he can find greater intensity in his footy. If he was really going hard and had to rotate more often, due to lower fitness levels or whatever, then I wouldn't mind but it just seems like he is doing the equivalent of "coasting." Today's game was desperate man on man footy. Thought Bling didn't manage to find the intensity level in which the game was played which really helped the Swans given it was really a full court press all day.

Honestly don't know if it is fitness or poor positioning but I have never seen any gut running from Richie and when you do a count of how many times in a game he really uses his speed and then compare it to those who have similar jets, Foley, Lids or Newman (back from a broken leg). The few times I've seen him really move over the ground just isn't enough - particularly when we don't have the ball.

Happy to be howled down if I'm wrong but I don't think I am. Give him a third game to confirm but if his work rate doesn't lift then its time for Meyer for a set of three to see what he can do.

Brettstigers said:
Despite scoring goals Steve Johnson got dropped by the Cats last year until he started playing better team footy. I think Bling has to go down specifically until he can find greater intensity in his footy. If he was really going hard and had to rotate more often, due to lower fitness levels or whatever, then I wouldn't mind but it just seems like he is doing the equivalent of "coasting." Today's game was desperate man on man footy. Thought Bling didn't manage to find the intensity level in which the game was played which really helped the Swans given it was really a full court press all day.

Honestly don't know if it is fitness or poor positioning but I have never seen any gut running from Richie and when you do a count of how many times in a game he really uses his speed and then compare it to those who have similar jets, Foley, Lids or Newman (back from a broken leg). The few times I've seen him really move over the ground just isn't enough - particularly when we don't have the ball.

Happy to be howled down if I'm wrong but I don't think I am. Give him a third game to confirm but if his work rate doesn't lift then its time for Meyer for a set of three to see what he can do.

I disagree. Johnson was dropped for reasons other than form. Leave ritchie in the seniors. We need the kids to get games under their belts. Not in the seconds. The VFL is a crap competition.

rosy23 said:
Harry said:

Don't start the Krak debate. Let's just hope the Tambling debate isn't at the point, EVER.

Brettstigers said:

I totally agree!

Good post, Tambling is being protected, needs to earn his stripes so to speak!

Disco08 said:
Just wondering if we're going to have to hear about his deficiencies every week, or if we can give him more than one game to sort them out. Every player on our list has faults but no-one has them pointed out as often as Tambling, save maybe Tivendale and Krakouer, but these guys aren't 20 year olds still in development.

So what Disco. My concerns are about his lack of intensity and workrate not his skills or strength or how many goals he scores. If he is being commented on it would indicate to me that there has to be pressure on his spot. Lets swap 19 year olds to see what someone else can do. Happy to give him a set of three games and if there is no change in the pattern he has established so far - why shouldn't a Meyer, Jon, Jackson or Hartigan or one of our newest recruits be given their chance?

Brettstigers said:
Today's game was desperate man on man footy. Thought Bling didn't manage to find the intensity level in which the game was played which really helped the Swans given it was really a full court press all day.

Honestly don't know if it is fitness or poor positioning but I have never seen any gut running from Richie

Great observation BT, the truth always hurts.