Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok.

Why is it that Brisbane and Port Adelaides youngsters have stepped up so quickly ?

nwonash said:
Why is it that Brisbane and Port Adelaides youngsters have stepped up so quickly ?

Don't, that's enough, leave Tambling alone, he is protected, only 19, still young, we can't put pressure on the kid, he was only a pick 4.

One of Brisbane's standouts in their two games so far has been Jarred Brennan. Another high draft pick, in his first 4 years he made Tambling look like Phil Carman, yet Brisbane stuck with him, played him at every opportunity and now he appears to be paying them off. Funny thing development.

Disco08 said:
One of Brisbane's standouts in their two games so far has been Jarred Brennan. Another high draft pick, in his first 4 years he made Tambling look like Phil Carman, yet Brisbane stuck with him, played him at every opportunity and now he appears to be paying them off. Funny thing development.

Is there any club worse than us for bringing players on? Frawley's greatest sin for mine. Jury is still out on Wallace and co - professionalism is good but improvement levels still aren't generically good enough to warrant truly positive comment. If you "knew" which players would improve appreciably and which would never really make it then you could truly name your own price. Recruitment nouse as important as the coaching staff for mine. Both have got to do well to get a result

Disco08 said:

I love your persistance in protecting Tambling, but I seriously dont see your opinion being vindicated.

Unless you dont actually go to the games and watch the live action, you cant see the pathetic laziness of this footballer. It's becoming disgraceful, he doesn't chase, doesn't provide an option, only once has run through the lines with purpose. Yes he is young, but why isn't his workrate up to scratch? Why is he so lazy?

Of corse we will give him time, but why does he deserve a game over others.....

His performances have been pathetic, for all his pace, where does he use it......?

nwonash said:
Because they get drafted into a better enviroment with better resources and leadership.

nwonash said:

They have better senior and middle tier players. Does wonders for a kids developement to play with premiership players. Less expectation, pressure and quality of opponent allows them to just play their game. In an ideal list kids are a bonus.

Opinions of Richie shouldn't be prejudiced by his draft position or his contractual situation. He's a young, developing kid and obviously isn't ready to put in 100% for an entire game yet. He kicked 2 good goals today, one opportunistic and a nice long one. There's plenty to like about him and it would be better to support and nurture him, whether at Coburg or Richmond, than it is to place unrealistic expectations on him.

rosy23 said:
Opinions of Richie shouldn't be prejudiced by his draft position or his contractual situation. He's a young, developing kid and obviously isn't ready to put in 100% for an entire game yet. He kicked 2 good goals today, one opportunistic and a nice long one. There's plenty to like about him and it would be better to support and nurture him, whether at Coburg or Richmond, than it is to place unrealistic expectations on him.

Again spot on. Too much expectation on the kids. He is a kid. Missed the first year with injury lets not forget. Not making excuses but he needs time and coaching.

rosy23 said:

Sorry that is just wrong. I support Richie but to say that you shouldn't expect more out of your pick 4 overall is not something I support or understand how you could think that. So the basic idea is that once everyone is on a list the expecations are the same?

SCOOP said:
Sorry that is just wrong. I support Richie but to say that you shouldn't expect more out of your pick 4 overall is not something I support or understand how you could think that. So the basic idea is that once everyone is on a list the expecations are the same?

Of course you'd have different expectations of different players, and I didn't for one-second mean you shouldn't expect more from a #4 pick, but there's far more than that to take into consideration. I think the main words in my post were "unrealistic expectations". Richie has been setback by injuries and circumstances other players haven't had to cope with and he was never drafted to star from week 1 as someone like Lids managed with consummate ease. All players are different and it's not realistic to expect all #4 draft picks to develop to a set pattern.

Richie in 2007 must start to show why he was a prized recruit, his 'issues' & 'injuries' are behind him now.

SCOOP said:
rosy23 said:

I would have though after Fiora your expectations of a No. 4 RFC pick would have been sufficiently lowered to allow Bling an easy ride.

He's a lazy little bugger on the pitch thats for sure.

ToraToraTora said:
He's a lazy little bugger on the pitch thats for sure.

Until that changes he has the right to cop criticism as anyone, young or not!

Lazy?

He put in more effort than 95% of our list all pre season.

He put in extra training sessions and pushed himself everytime he was on the track.

His fitness is improving but don't call him lazy for not having Robert Harvey's fitness at 19. He had 5 tackles today in case you didn't realise, great to see such a young skinny kid put on so much pressure if you ask me.

benny_furs said:
Lazy?

He put in more effort than 95% of our list all pre season.

He put in extra training sessions and pushed himself everytime he was on the track.

His fitness is improving but don't call him lazy for not having Robert Harvey's fitness at 19. He had 5 tackles today in case you didn't realise, great to see such a young skinny kid put on so much pressure if you ask me.

Training and games are different things.

Btw do you watch football? People need to go to games and watch the action live to get a better understanding.

It's all well and good protecting and sticking up for the young fella, we all want to see him do well, but he deserves to be criticised and if you had watched him, you would see how lazy he is!

Workrate = zero for Richard Tambling!

Off the track a little, but Richie has been shown a lot here in Darwin on TV as he has done some ads in a campaign to reduce domestic violence in Aboriginal families. He does a great job and speaks very well. Campbell (from the Roos) and Aaron Davey are also involved in this program.

Tambling was pathetic today

Refuses to chase his opponent. Got 1 goal from a handball over the top, the other one was a snap.

The rest of his game was ambysmal. Failed to crumb, didnt chase, didnt run to the right spots, lazy,

Patience is wearing thin, at Least Deledio stood up today. Probably his best game for the club