Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok. [Merged]

I didn't know where to post this but did anyone see Leeroy Jetta's goal against Freo?

What can I say, this fella backed himself, ran at least 40-50 odd metres with several bounces, avoided Hird at CHF, and Lloyd in the goal square, the kid backed himself and nailed a horny goal.

Why can't our youngsters perform like that in their first year, not to mention why can't we just throw our first year players in the deep end and let them play seniors, it's not as if Jetta is built like a brick *smile* house.

geoffryprettyboy said:
I didn't know where to post this but did anyone see Leeroy Jetta's goal against Freo?

What can I say, this fella backed himself, ran at least 40-50 odd metres with several bounces, avoided Hird at CHF, and Lloyd in the goal square, the kid backed himself and nailed a horny goal.

Why can't our youngsters perform like that in their first year, not to mention why can't we just throw our first year players in the deep end and let them play seniors, it's not as if Jetta is built like a brick sh!t house.

Was at the game mate and was thinking the exact same thing.

Jetta and Davey have given extra to the Bombers this season, the amount of hard running they do to put pressure on is fantastic, wish we had a bloke with pace and HEART!

Tigerbob said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Why can't our youngsters perform like that in their first year, not to mention why can't we just throw our first year players in the deep end and let them play seniors, it's not as if Jetta is built like a brick sh!t house.

Jetta and Davey have given extra to the Bombers this season, the amount of hard running they do to put pressure on is fantastic, wish we had a bloke with pace and HEART!

Gee I wish Richie could do stuff like that.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigerbob said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Gee I wish Richie could do stuff like that.

Dont we all - I think a key ingredient he is missing is what I have in caps......

Anyway, yer the Bombers looked really good mate, was there as a spy mission to see what a team under us looks like this season, and I can say, I was impressed with the Bombers. One thing they do better than us is pressure all over the ground, and of course their structure is a lot beter than ours. Will be interesting to see how we cope with their strenght and new found pace and pressure!

geoffryprettyboy said:

From memory Bling kicked a similar goal in his first year against the pies

geoffryprettyboy said:

its apparently according to an arguement earlier in the year ..we must give rt more time as he is an aboriganal displaced from his homeland!!!not just another proffessional footballer who needs time with coburg but a charity case due to his overvalued draft selection.ffs the kid looks lost out there..give him sometime kicking the dew off the ground and to prove hes worth a senior berth.

ssstone said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

its apparently according to an arguement earlier in the year ..we must give rt more time as he is an aboriganal displaced from his homeland!!!not just another proffessional footballer who needs time with coburg but a charity case due to his overvalued draft selection.ffs the kid looks lost out there..give him sometime kicking the dew off the ground and to prove hes worth a senior berth.

Nah, wouldn't take him back to Coburg, I'll persist with him in the seniors, as I've explained earlier, let him roam free to gain confidence.

He'll be overvalued once he reaches the age of 21 and hasn't lived up to expectations, I'll give him time, I'm patient.

geoffryprettyboy said:
ssstone said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Nah, wouldn't take him back to Coburg, I'll persist with him in the seniors, as I've explained earlier, let him roam free to gain confidence.

He'll be overvalued once he reaches the age of 21 and hasn't lived up to expectations, I'll give him time, I'm patient.

How patient GPB??? :hihi

What if he has another shocker this week, what will be the topic on the ride home?

Tigerbob said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
ssstone said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

How patient GPB??? :hihi

What if he has another shocker this week, what will be the topic on the ride home?

Patient enough to say all of 2007 & 2008.

Afterall, young Richie has had issues etc, and is still young.

We'll discuss it further!

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Something out of left feild that may help in the confidence and development of Tambo is play him off the Half back line.
Watching Lids on the weekend and his confidence in the 2nd half was instrumental in us nearly winning the match.
2 speedsters on each flank where they can actually feed off each other and run straight ahead using their pace.
I said the same thing to a mate last year. It'll teach him to be accountable for a man. His rebound pace would be hard to match up on. Akermanis got his first All Australian as a back pocket.

Silent Bob said:
Something out of left feild that may help in the confidence and development of Tambo is play him off the Half back line.
Watching Lids on the weekend and his confidence in the 2nd half was instrumental in us nearly winning the match.
2 speedsters on each flank where they can actually feed off each other and run straight ahead using their pace.
I said the same thing to a mate last year. It'll teach him to be accountable for a man. His rebound pace would be hard to match up on. Akermanis got his first All Australian as a back pocket.

Does not have the defensive skills to be a backman

This guy is so frustrating.

Just take em on richie and dont rush your delivery ffs.

Just another in a long line of players at richmond that can not hit a side of a barn.

French Tiger said:
Silent Bob said:

Good spot to start learning them

Lazy footballer.

Little awareness and composure.

Massive question marks.

French Tiger said:
As a fwd i agree,but he,s not on his Pat Malone there.In fact to a lesser extent Lids is very similar to what exactly Tambo is being accused of before he went back.

I'm going to give all you haters a list of players that have shown less the Tambling in AT LEAST their first 2 (usually 3, sometimes 4) years, and I want you all to list, by number, the ones you wouldn't want playing for Richmond right now. Keep in mind that although their performances were less than impressive early in their careers, their respective coaches played them in the seniors as much as possible, presumably to give them experience so that when their development reached the desired level they were truly ready to fire. Wild theory huh?

1. Andrew McLeod
2. Scott Thomson
3. Simon Goodwin
4. Graham Johncock
5. Brent Reilly
6. Luke Power
7. Andrew Walker
8. Dane Swan
9. Ben Johnson
10. Jobe Watson
11. Josh Carr
12. Paul Chapman
13. Jimmy Bartel
14. Joel Corey
15. Jess Sinclair
16. Travis Johnstone
17. James McDonald
18. Cameron Bruce
19. Aaron Davey
20. Kane Cornes
21. Shaun Burgoyne
22. Chad Cornes
23. Steven Salopek
24. Peter Burgoyne
25. Lenny Hayes
25. Ryan O'Keefe
26. Jude Bolton
27. Amon Buchanan
28. Andrew Embley
29. Daniel Cross
30. Lindsay Gilbee.

Also keep in mind that these are only roughly similar type players to Tambling (many of them were better equipped to take on the AFL when they were drafted - more size, VFL experience, etc.) and I only looked at the better players at each club. Widen the range in those areas and the list of players would include more than three quarters of players in the AFL right now.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Patient enough to say all of 2007 & 2008.

Afterall, young Richie has had issues etc, and is still young.

gpb has seen the light. :clap

Have a crack at the question above tf06.