Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Richard Tambling

frawleyudud said:
will go down as one of the biggest recruiting blunders in rfc history. All Tambling is and will be is a highlight reel. Yeah he looked good in the highlight reel, but unfortunately no one told us that is all he does. 5 seconds of class here and there

Lucky for you this is a family site. :mad:

Tigers of Old said:
frawleyudud said:
will go down as one of the biggest recruiting blunders in rfc history. All Tambling is and will be is a highlight reel. Yeah he looked good in the highlight reel, but unfortunately no one told us that is all he does. 5 seconds of class here and there

I agree ToO - frawleyudud is speaking absolute rubbish. As previously mentioned in this thread, Tambling is only turning 20, jeez, give the kid a go! Ok, he mightnt be consistent yet, but give him time!

frawleyudud said:
will go down as one of the biggest recruiting blunders in rfc history. All Tambling is and will be is a highlight reel. Yeah he looked good in the highlight reel, but unfortunately no one told us that is all he does. 5 seconds of class here and there.

lol, got anything original to say?

frawleyudud said:
will go down as one of the biggest recruiting blunders in rfc history. All Tambling is and will be is a highlight reel. Yeah he looked good in the highlight reel, but unfortunately no one told us that is all he does. 5 seconds of class here and there.

Idiot :duh

Tigers of Old said:
frawleyudud said:

Agree Oldie.

I would estimate about 2 to 3 monkeys on PRE keeping this thread alive. :hihi

One sure way to kill this thead , stop feeding the monkeys peanuts and they will eventually move on.

Aside from the 'contributions' of some, this is a good thread and will be fun to read at the end of the year.

It sure will Disco, i am looking forward to looking back at this thread and comments made at seasons end, you can bet your house on quiet a few will be left eating their words regarding comments made this pre season .
Now weather it will be the pro's or the con's only time will tell , i for one will gladly eat my words if proven wrong , eitherway it sure will be fun looking back on all this.

You gotta like Tambling. Sure, he looks immature on the park but he can get a kick, dodge a tackle, break a line and he runs.

His hands are often too hot for his teammates and he seems to think too long before he sends the ball inside. His snapping for goal is average. I'd like to see him mix it up more when sending it in. Half the time he should run full tilt and take the shot. His longshots are a feature.

He's being told to pissfart around with it and is predictable. He's looking to spot up all the time, to use it short, to stop and prop while the forward line grinds into position.

Have a shot, son. We'll cop 50/50 from outside 50, 50% of the time.*

*Watch the forward line up if he dobs a couple.

Rockster said:
It sure will Disco, i am looking forward to looking back at this thread and comments made at seasons end, you can bet your house on quiet a few will be left eating their words regarding comments made this pre season .
Now weather it will be the pro's or the con's only time will tell , i for one will gladly eat my words if proven wrong , eitherway it sure will be fun looking back on all this.

Yo Rockmelon, what are you doing this Saturday between 2pm to 4:30pm? You might want to go & see the tiges, who knows you might bump into someone you know. 8) It'll be a perrrrrrrfect time for the 'panel' to analyse Tambo's game.

Can you think of anyone we've recruited in recent years who's come under as much scrutiny as poor old Richie T?

taraba said:
Can you think of anyone we've recruited in recent years who's come under as much scrutiny as poor old Richie T?

All because there is a guy who was taken at the next pick doing some 'special' things....none of which include taking a contested mark or laying a tackle...but still kicking goals on Ray Hall and some rookie melbourne player is good enough reason to smash pressure on Richie. ::)

frawleyudud said:
Hey *smile*! How is that different to Poonce Franklin?

I'm with you 8 balls.
Franklin reminds me of the cricketer Graeme Hick from Sth.Africa/England. He'd smash the average attacks, but struggle against the good opponents.
Franklin will need to do some good stuff against good opponents before he's really rated.
And just on that, I was interested to read today that Hawthorn won 1 game out of 10 against the finalists, last year.

Some intresting stats on the Hawks by Milhouse Sheehan.

Although we would measure up just about the same, we are both on the up and the battle between Buddy and Richie is microcosm of the battle between the two clubs.

SCOOP said:

Although we would measure up just about the same, we are both on the up and the battle between Buddy and Richie is microcosm of the battle between the two clubs.

It's embarrassing to be seen as being in battle with the Tasmainian Hawks. Just shows you how far we've fallen in stature over the last 20 odd years. :yellowno

RROFO said:
SCOOP said:

It's embarrassing to be seen as being in battle with the Tasmainian Hawks. Just shows you how far we've fallen in stature over the last 20 odd years. :yellowno

Thank the stars it's not Carlton.

RROFO said:
SCOOP said:

Thar's a bit rich considering the Hawks were the dominant club of the 80's and early 90's and pretty competitive for the majority of the decade making many finals appearances.

What the bloody hell can we claim over the same time span?

Yo Rockmelon, what are you doing this Saturday between 2pm to 4:30pm? You might want to go & see the tiges, who knows you might bump into someone you know. 8) It'll be a perrrrrrrfect time for the 'panel' to analyse Tambo's game.
[/quote]

Ill be there .