Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Richard Tambling

SCOOP said:
RROFO said:
SCOOP said:
Some intresting stats on the Hawks by Milhouse Sheehan.

Although we would measure up just about the same, we are both on the up and the battle between Buddy and Richie is microcosm of the battle between the two clubs.

It's embarrassing to be seen as being in battle with the Tasmainian Hawks. Just shows you how far we've fallen in stature over the last 20 odd years. :yellowno

Thar's a bit rich considering the Hawks were the dominant club of the 80's and early 90's and pretty competitive for the majority of the decade making many finals appearances.

What the bloody hell can we claim over the same time span?

I think that was my point. Call me old fashioned but I rate a competition with Hawthorn in the same light as playing the rivalry round against Footscray. WTF!

RROFO said:
SCOOP said:
RROFO said:
SCOOP said:
Some intresting stats on the Hawks by Milhouse Sheehan.

Although we would measure up just about the same, we are both on the up and the battle between Buddy and Richie is microcosm of the battle between the two clubs.

It's embarrassing to be seen as being in battle with the Tasmainian Hawks. Just shows you how far we've fallen in stature over the last 20 odd years. :yellowno

Thar's a bit rich considering the Hawks were the dominant club of the 80's and early 90's and pretty competitive for the majority of the decade making many finals appearances.

What the bloody hell can we claim over the same time span?

I think that was my point. Call me old fashioned but I rate a competition with Hawthorn in the same light as playing the rivalry round against Footscray. WTF!
Nah, since the end of 2004 the rivalry with the Dawks has gained momentum. I hate them :mad:

geoffryprettyboy said:
A great second half of footy by Richard against the Scum, he flourished in the warm weather.

Good to see you give him a wrap GPB, as you've been fairly vocal about Tambling's performances to date.
What was it particularly you like about his game?

geoffryprettyboy said:
A great second half of footy by Richard against the Scum, he flourished in the warm weather.

Thats "great" news about Tambling gpb.
Was there any Andrew McLeod in his game?

Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Good to see you give him a wrap GPB, as you've been fairly vocal about Tambling's performances to date.

Vocal of course Oldie, but to travel that distance and see Tambo play a great second half was promising, it showed he does posses the capability, it's a matter of stringing games together and hurting the opposition when it counts. What I saw in the second half was Tambling's application, he just didn't think, he did it, maybe it's something TW got in his ear about.

P.S. I'll eat humble pie anytime.

Skills said:
Thats "great" news about Tambling gpb.
Was there any Andrew McLeod in his game?

Can I see him carving up the opposition in brilliance, I don't know Skills, but if he could, all of us would be walking around with a smile.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tigers of Old said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Vocal of course Oldie, but to travel that distance and see Tambo play a great second half was promising, it showed he does posses the capability, it's a matter of stringing games together and hurting the opposition when it counts. What I saw in the second half was Tambling's application, he just didn't think, he did it, maybe it's something TW got in his ear about.

P.S. I'll eat humble pie anytime.

Thanks GPB.
Snnnniiiiiiiffff. ;)

Actually gpb do you remember that passage of play on the far forward flank, just near the centre square, where he magically escaped from three defenders after being sold into trouble by a fellow Tiger?
I was so busy being annoyed at the decision to pass to a team mate under pressure and yelling about it but before I could barely get a word out Tambo had emerged from all 3 would be tacklers to use the footy to our advantage.

"Application...Brilliance...Hurting the Opposition...Promise...Magical"

PRE hasn't been updated with the release of Roget's Thesaurus?

One magical reason why I think Tambling had a ripper ;D was due to the warm weather, I reckon he just felt at home. He was moving like a Rolls Royce out there in 29 degree C weather.

geoffryprettyboy said:
One magical reason why I think Tambling had a ripper ;D was due to the warm weather, I reckon he just felt at home. He was moving like a Rolls Royce out there in 29 degree C weather.

Maybe Dimitrios Boukoupoulos can sell him a Rolls Royce before Round 1 ;)

Skills said:
geoffryprettyboy said:

Maybe Dimitrios Boukoupoulos can sell him a Rolls Royce before Round 1 ;)

I don't know what you mean Skills, you're speaking in riddles.

Who is Dimitrios?

Sounds like he sells luxury cars... maybe he is dodgey? LOL
"Everyone should own a luxury car once in their life" so an ad from a competitor of Dimmies tells me.

See what happens when" THE FLORIST "gets you stuck in small confines for a few hours.

SSSSSSSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok.

I'm a massive fan yet I thought he was deplorable tonight!

5/10 for tonight......

needs more defensive pressure to his game.

I was there and was looking out for him, so maybe a little biased, but I reckon he was 'OK' too. That doesn't mean he played a good game, just he didn't play a bad one either. Needs to use his pace more, like one time he bolted away from Walker? on the wing and then dodged another.