Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: I thought Ritchie Tambling was ok.

iitb said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think the same? Not much comment about him which I find surprising.

Will continue to get better and need to persevere with him.

Wasn't as bad as some made out but wasn't terrific either, he tried he really did but needs to use his pace to his advantage and needs to put more pressure on his opponents....like davey does.

Bunnerz said:
5/10 for tonight......

needs more defensive pressure to his game.

Thats an understatement.

He lacks "gut running", doesn't work hard enough, doesn't chase, and his kicking was not good enough.

He did show some decent signs, his contested mark and ability to get on his own a few times.

Needs to lift, but I dont think he will be anywhere near the talent he was made out to be.

It would help if he could actually get a kick. A kick where he is balanced & hits a target. When he has time he rushes, when he has little time he ambles along. He has not adjusted to the speed of AFL & until he does he will be another typical RFC palyer.

I'm sick of Wallace trying things. I thought he'd realise that we are playing for premiership points now. After having pondered Richie's game tonight, I don't think a move all over the ground and starting in the forward line does much for a kid who needs to settle into AFL football.

I'd also make this comment about Polak (despite his reasonable game), P. Bowden (real problem to know where to play him because of his very poor accountability) and Schulz who I thought played well for only playing two thirds of the match.

Schulz in particular has had a rough trot with injuries and he needs a position to settle in. Not bench, full forward, centre half forward, full forward, bench. Very unsettling.

Also would have like to have seen Polak on Fev. May not be the best match up for him but I reckon he would have acquitted himself well and besides a confident Joel Bowden is just too important to the team with his usually high rate of effective disposals. I unlike others would excuse some of these guys, particularly Joel. He's earnt respect.

Agree Harro12 on Joel. Fev was coming into this game on a big ego. Great press & great Nab campaign & to be frustrated and to be held to 3.3 I was happy. I was expecting a bigger score from Fev.

Joels decision making though when kicking out of FB was at times, well pretty poor.

My standout memory of Bling tonight was his half-a$$ed attempt at a tackle on Carazzo where he threw out one arm and tackled fresh air while Carazzo strolled around him and slotted it between the big sticks.

He generally has one or two "wow" moments per game (which gives people faith), but apart from those rare moments he won't put his head over the ball and looks for the easy option more often than not.

Patrick Ryder and Leroy JETTTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! :clap :clap :clap

leonbaker said:

I caught a bit of your game last night and they both looked pretty good. Jetta in particular showed a lot of courage at one stage and got absolutely clobbered. Well done for a first gamer. I'd be very please if I was a bummers supporter.

Of the new guys I saw on the weekend Gibbs is going to be an absolute beauty isn't he. Loved some of his play and seemed to know exactly where he was and what was going on around him no matter how hectic things got.

Is that what that missed call was , to tell me you thought Richie was OK? :hihi

RROFO said:
leonbaker said:

I caught a bit of your game last night and they both looked pretty good. Jetta in particular showed a lot of courage at one stage and got absolutely clobbered. Well done for a first gamer. I'd be very please if I was a bummers supporter.

Of the new guys I saw on the weekend Gibbs is going to be an absolute beauty isn't he. Loved some of his play and seemed to know exactly where he was and what was going on around him no matter how hectic things got.

Carlton's midfield will be very very good. Gibbs looks the part. A classy looking player.

Typical Richmond recruit - light on and plays with little intensity and aggression. We need to recruit more McLean/Hurn type youngsters.

jb03 said:
Typical Richmond recruit - light on and plays with little intensity and aggression. We need to recruit more McLean/Hurn type youngsters.

Light on? Their gymnasium looks like a school creche. Their facility is world's apart compared to the richer clubs.

geoffryprettyboy said:
jb03 said:

Light on? Their gymnasium looks like a school creche. Their facility is world's apart compared to the richer clubs.

You are not using our poor gym facilities as an excuse are you GPB?

jb03 said:

Thought Hurn looked pretty good Sat N, wish we had some more hard nuts like that.
Thought Carazzo beat Tambling pretty early his attempt at a tackle that allowed Carazzo a goal was not good. He was off soon after and hopefully for a quick blast as he was bit more desperate on a few bottom of packs afterwards and took a surprising pack mark in the square.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tambling cannot hit a moving target. He is a turnover waiting to happen. He should however, be able to chase and harrass the opposition when they have the ball. Poor all-around game last night. If Tiv had played that game people would be baying for his blood.

I watched Tambling close last night, and he is such a LAZY footballer its not funny.

Shocking disposal, and will not chase or go in hard at all!

Run, richie run pleeeeeease!

TheUmpire said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Tambling cannot hit a moving target. He is a turnover waiting to happen. He should however, be able to chase and harrass the opposition when they have the ball. Poor all-around game last night. If Tiv had played that game people would be baying for his blood.

Tiv's next bad game is just around the corner. Be patient. It's coming.

TIGEREXTRA said:
I watched Tambling close last night, and he is such a LAZY footballer its not funny.

Shocking disposal, and will not chase or go in hard at all!

Run, richie run pleeeeeease!
I Sat centre wing yeterday TE an got to say I thought the same thing about his running game,the thing I have noticed about it more so latley is he seems to get a bit lost when trying to find space,simply he has to work harder.
I have to disagee a bit with him not going in at all I though after he got dragged an spent considerable time on the pine he battled well for the ball in the packs,an neally caused a steal for a goal on the Flank