Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Richard Tambling

cant believe how many numbskulls are doing their nahnah over a pre-season game :dummyspit

very entertaining watching fools rush in :bs

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Franklin and Richo in the same half wouldnt work just as it currently doesnt with Richo & Shultz ;).

Yeah but Franklin sure would be handy for the next 10 years after Richo's retirement.

jb03 said:
Yeah but Franklin sure would be handy for the next 10 years after Richo's retirement.

Yeah but, no but, yeah but with Riewoldt, Schulz, Hughes and Pattison in there, where would he go?

Dean3 said:
jb03 said:

Yeah but, no but, yeah but with Riewoldt, Schulz, Hughes and Pattison in there, where would he go?

I would take Franklin over any of the names you've mentioned there.

jb03 said:
Dean3 said:
jb03 said:

I would take Franklin over any of the names you've mentioned there.
Agree,at this stage anyway.

jb03 said:
No, Franklin is a better player than all of them on what we have seen to date.

Mate, Steven Sziller is a better player than Riewoldt or Hughes, on what we have seen to date.

blx said:
cant believe how many numbskulls are doing their nahnah over a pre-season game :dummyspit

very entertaining watching fools rush in :bs

You're right blx but having said that, wouldn't it be nice for the boys to have put on a better show and give us a glimpse of what we could look forward to this year? I don't mind losing but would have hoped to have seen a better showing and just something to get excited about after all the yearly bulldust exciting propaganda we get from withing the club?

Dean3 said:
jb03 said:

Mate, Steven Sziller is a better player than Riewoldt or Hughes, on what we have seen to date.

What an absolutely dumb comment. Seriously, did you think before typing that? Just dumb.

iitb said:
Dean3 said:
jb03 said:

What an absolutely dumb comment. Seriously, did you think before typing that? Just dumb.

*cue Robert De Niro voice* You talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to ME??

iitb said:
You're right blx but having said that, wouldn't it be nice for the boys to have put on a better show and give us a glimpse of what we could look forward to this year? I don't mind losing but would have hoped to have seen a better showing and just something to get excited about after all the yearly bulldust exciting propaganda we get from withing the club?
Like the thumping of the bulldogs last year in the practice match, ony to get pumped by 100 come round 1. There were so many players out, that most of the work they did over summer would not have been able to be implemented last week anyway. Let's just keep trialling a few things while we can & get serious come round 1.

iitb said:
Dean3 said:
jb03 said:

Agree ,but Dean's thread not surprising.

mb64 said:
iitb said:
Dean3 said:
jb03 said:

Ho hum, if you guys can't understand my point, maybe I'll have to pitch things a bit lower in future. ::)

Ho hum, if you guys can't understand my point, maybe I'll have to pitch things a bit lower in future. ::)
[/quote]

Whats their to understand you clearly stated that sziller is better than our first year player in Riewoldt and 2nd year hughes, for someone who has made almost 3,000 posts how can anyone ever take you seriously your credibility is shot to pieces...

sigh...I know what you meant Dean, don't worry...you ain't on your lonesome...

It's just like Hawthorn's young band of guns...Sziller's better than all them based on what we have seen so far.

AstuteTiger said:

Whats their to understand you clearly stated that sziller is better than our first year player in Riewoldt and 2nd year hughes, for someone who has made almost 3,000 posts how can anyone ever take you seriously your credibility is shot to pieces...
[/quote]
Astute as always

Dean3 said:
mb64 said:
iitb said:
Dean3 said:
jb03 said:

No we understand but your point is just plain stupid. Considering they are all youngsters, with Pattison even taken in the same draft as Franklin, I think having an opinion that one is better than the others, and as such would be preferable as a RFC player than the others is valid.

If you like assessing Reiwoldt as an AFL player can be excused but knowing we know about Franklin I would still prefer Franklin over an untried Reiwoldt.

Yes Sziller may also be better than the players you mention at the moment but I wouldn't think anyone would prefer him on the list to them.

If you want to maintain unrelenting faith in every decision made by the RFC that is fine. But so is having an alternative view.

linuscambridge said:
Poor Richie, he hasn't lived up to some very high expectations but I would hardly write him off yet. But since we are on the topic of the draft, how about my learned friends on the darkside answer me a few questions;

1. Since Hawthorn are so wise in their drafting, explain to me how they decided a good ordinary player like Roughhead, who went at 2, deserved to do before Griffen at 3 who is carving them up in the midfield at the Bulldogs?

2. Or how the Bulldogs, who had the wisdom to take Griffen at 3 before Richie went at 4, can explain using pick 6 on Williams, a guy who had only played the game for a year and although cruelled by injuries has yet to do anything.

3. Back to Hawthorn, would you really want Jordan Lewis at pick 7 when you could get a Monfries at pick 14?
Questions 1 +2 have merit.

Answer to 3. Yes.