Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Richard Tambling

Disco08 said:
Rocksta said:
gee go away and miss all the fun , just to set the record straight , its not the avatar , the baby oil , the bald head , nor is it chemistry thats the attraction , i think GPB likes to fish , and i am a very keen snapper fishermen ... so now you can all sleep better knowing that .

I asked you a question a few posts back, care to answer it?

yeah i'd like to hear the answer as well

and gus. as far as i'm concerned, i thought lids absolutely killed the hawks in one of the last games of his first season

from memory it was a dominating display

tigerjoe12 said:
Disco08 said:
Rocksta said:
gee go away and miss all the fun , just to set the record straight , its not the avatar , the baby oil , the bald head , nor is it chemistry thats the attraction , i think GPB likes to fish , and i am a very keen snapper fishermen ... so now you can all sleep better knowing that .

I asked you a question a few posts back, care to answer it?

yeah i'd like to hear the answer as well

and gus. as far as i'm concerned, i thought lids absolutely killed the hawks in one of the last games of his first season

from memory it was a dominating display

Was pretty good in one of earlier games against Calton as well if I remember rightly.

yeah i remember that one too.

he got at least 2 brownlow votes in the hawks game...it could've even been 3

i think his debut got a few people a little ahead of themselves, 7 marks or something ridiculous in the first quarter alone

Here we go again. Another Tambling thread :mad:.

Has anyone ever considered that the reason he lacks confidence is that he probably comes on here and reads the crap people write about him! :hihi

Seriously, does anyone doubt that he has all the tools to become a special player?? Speed - lots of it. Evasive - check that box. Gets his own ball - yep. Good kick - I reckon he is - nearly kicked a nine pointer on the weekend. Can take a speccy - yess!!. Quick hands in tight - tick that one. Good lead and mark - rarely seen a backman within 5 m of him on the lead! Vertical leap - amazing.

Has he put it all together yet - NO. But God help the opposition when he does.

Rocksta said:
Players picked in the 50's and 60's are looked at as project players , top 4 picks are suppose to be IMPACT players .

MMmmm....and your (Hawks) number one pick in the 2005 draft had a standout year in 2006 and all reports suggest he may play very few games in 2007 because of his size at the moment. Its fine for the Hawks not to expect the world from a guy in his first few years that they took at pick 3 (?) !

Only concern with Tambling is that early injuries were back related hamstrings. Not the sort of injuries you'd associate with an 18 year old (at the time.) Hopefully won't cause too many problems down the line.

Djevv said:
Here we go again. Another Tambling thread :mad:.

Has anyone ever considered that the reason he lacks confidence is that he probably comes on here and reads the crap people write about him! :hihi

Seriously, does anyone doubt that he has all the tools to become a special player?? Speed - lots of it. Evasive - check that box. Gets his own ball - yep. Good kick - I reckon he is - nearly kicked a nine pointer on the weekend. Can take a speccy - yess!!. Quick hands in tight - tick that one. Good lead and mark - rarely seen a backman within 5 m of him on the lead! Vertical leap - amazing.

Has he put it all together yet - NO. But God help the opposition when he does.
In 2-3 years we will pull this thread up again, some of his knockers will have a huge egg on their faces.

tha8ball said:
Cooney was written off after two years...look at him now.... get a grip people

Don't recall Cooney being written off by anyone. He was very good in his second year.

jb03 said:
tha8ball said:

Don't recall Cooney being written off by anyone. He was very good in his second year.

Not true jb.
Cooney was a loose cannon and a bit of a liability at the Doggies in yr2.
Bling will come good.

Tigers of Old said:
jb03 said:
tha8ball said:

Not true jb.
Bling will come good.

Meyer too ToO?

jb03 said:
Tigers of Old said:
jb03 said:
tha8ball said:

Not true jb.
Bling will come good.

Meyer too ToO?

I'm not a fan jimbob.
Hasn't shown anywhere near as much as Tambling and that's saying something.
Definately a defining year for Danny but he's got a few mates.

jb03 said:
tha8ball said:

watched him a lot early in his first year or two and always thought he struggle to make it. Tho at the time the doggies were struggling a lot themselves.

Ritchie was a shining light early in the game but faded as the game progressed. We will be looking back at threads such as this (perhaps as early as the 07 season) and laugh. Won't forget the boots getting stuck into Hans Solo because "he sort a ran funny".

The biggest problem with Ritchie is that he has not (at this stage) kept pace with the progress of another draftee that went lower than he did. I think that Lance "can't take a contested mark" Franklin will be a gun (would like to see him play well against a quality defender rather than a gumpus or Melbourne rookie though!). I also think Ritchie will be a gun. It just so happens one has blossomed before the other.....nothing more...nothing less.

Franklin and Richo in the same half wouldnt work just as it currently doesnt with Richo & Shultz ;).

Poor Richie, he hasn't lived up to some very high expectations but I would hardly write him off yet. But since we are on the topic of the draft, how about my learned friends on the darkside answer me a few questions;

1. Since Hawthorn are so wise in their drafting, explain to me how they decided a good ordinary player like Roughhead, who went at 2, deserved to do before Griffen at 3 who is carving them up in the midfield at the Bulldogs?

2. Or how the Bulldogs, who had the wisdom to take Griffen at 3 before Richie went at 4, can explain using pick 6 on Williams, a guy who had only played the game for a year and although cruelled by injuries has yet to do anything.

3. Back to Hawthorn, would you really want Jordan Lewis at pick 7 when you could get a Monfries at pick 14?

Everybody is wise in retrospect and I think there are a few players, like Roughhead or Williams, who get nowhere near the attention that Richie gets so give the guy a break and let it go. The draft is a big raffle and every year you will have the disappointments like Gilmore and the bolters like Daniel Pearce.

I thougth Richie's first half was about as good as any of our blokes. Presented well from hf despite bugger all opportunities. Certainly faded but reckon he was a long way from our worst.