Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Richard Tambling

Inspector said:
Tambo is a least attacking the footy at the moment & getting his hands on the footy once he gets the confidence will be a good solid player.

He is improving a little bit - but he is still the dud from that draft. We had a one season bottom-out, and we drafted him...

:-[

Hawthorn wanted Bling over Franklin there plan that we thought may have backfired may not have ::)

Congrats Fiesty

Turbo Tiger said:
feisty tige said:
Not the same types of players... any of them...

sigh.

True. Franklin is the talk of the town and Bling is nowhere.

I have refrained lately in raising this point, but I will ask again, are our recruiters up to it?

You use the same terminology as the top post on Hawktalk....

I have yet to find a poster with a bigger chip on their shoulder than you.

If you shrugged you'd knock yourself out.

i am not convinced by tambling yet...

but if you compare his stats with Franklins they are very similar (except the goals that is)

I can't get that smell of troll out of the site.
Once Tambling puts it all together, and he will, then you'll all have something to cheer about.

I thought he was oK on Sunday, did some nice things.

Needs to stop fumbling, he actually needs to get crunched in a contest. ATM he is so worried that he is too frail and too small that if he doesn't go at 100 mph and take it first time he will get killed. Once he slows down, takes the hit and the footy he will understand that he is not going to get killed. Daniel Kerr is no bigger then Tambling and he is a human pin ball.

CC TIGER said:
Hawthorn wanted Bling over Franklin there plan that we thought may have backfired may not have ::)

Congrats Fiesty

eh?

3000 ? I was going to save it for something intelligent to say, however, I didn't count on the arrival of frawleyudud et al

Turbo Tiger said:
feisty tige said:
Not the same types of players... any of them...

sigh.

True. Franklin is the talk of the town and Bling is nowhere.

I have refrained lately in raising this point, but I will ask again, are our recruiters up to it?

Mate i know CC Tiger touched on this subject already but buckenara spoiled our plan to get Roughhead as he said RFC would most likely not go for 2 midfielders and they had planned on us picking up Franklin so it wasn’t any genius recruiting by the hawks they themselves were wanting to get Tambling, so that’s the way its paned out, i wouldn’t right blingers off just yet its the start of his third season im sure by seasons end we'll all know a little more in the meantime give the kid a break!

Again I wanted Tambling, listening to SENS live broadcast of the draft I punched the sky when we got him. But it doesn't matter whatever way you cut it, after the hype, the accolades, the accomplishments as a junior, and especially the number four selection - Tambling has been a major disappointment. For more and more Tiger supporters it's becoming less a question of when he will reach his full potential but if (and I’m talking about him becoming a star and no merely a serviceable player).

No way we can talk about trading him or delisting him at the moment (we just have to keep faith and hope, we have too much invested in him) but if we had our time over again I don’t think there is any doubt we would have selected differently with our number four pick. That's just reality as it stands at the present moment.

Totally disagree. Given their time over I think Wallace and Miller would do exactly the same thing. Do you think they were expecting anything from him in his first two years given his size and upheaval from the NT to Victoria?

Tygrys said:
Again I wanted Tambling, listening to SENS live broadcast of the draft I punched the sky when we got him. But it doesn't matter whatever way you cut it, after the hype, the accolades, the accomplishments as a junior, and especially the number four selection - Tambling has been a major disappointment. For more and more Tiger supporters it's becoming less a question of when he will reach his full potential but if (and I’m talking about him becoming a star and no merely a serviceable player).

No way we can talk about trading him or delisting him at the moment (we just have to keep faith and hope, we have too much invested in him)

SORRY ONLY AGREED ON YOUR SECOND PARAGRAPH!...Here here Tygrys totally agree, you punching the sky when we got him well i was staying at some chicks place and believe it or not i looked at the time and it was 9.50am and i just got up and said i gotta go cause in my head all i was thinking was the draft, first and fourth pick deledio, so i jumped in the car at 9.58am and heard all i needed to hear, best feeling, i was a winner all round...

Disco08 said:
Totally disagree. Given their time over I think Wallace and Miller would do exactly the same thing. Do you think they were expecting anything from him in his first two years given his size and upheaval from the NT to Victoria?

Disco, I reckon you must know Wallace & Miller. You are exactly correct, I've asked TW about their decision and he had his views that cannot be mentioned, I just hope he was correct.

Disco08 said:

Personally I think they were expecting 'something' from a player with his reputation and someone that was touted as a potential number one draft pick. Not 'expecting anything' in the first two years of a player rated that highly is just too much of a stretch for me (top four selection are seldom considered as project players). Like I said, I think it's reality at this moment, but time will tell.

It's not they he's a project player, everyone knew how much talent he has, but that as with alot of indigenous kids it takes them longer to adapt to AFL than some other draftees.

Tygrys said:
Not 'expecting anything' in the first two years of a player rated that highly is just too much of a stretch for me (top four selection are seldom considered as project players). Like I said, I think it's reality at this moment, but time will tell.

Hang on a second.
Injuries severely disrupted his first season and he improved on that considerably last year.
He's played a couple of average preseason games and suddenly everyone's writing him off????????

He's only coming under pressure from critics because Buddy Flanklin's showing more promise AT THIS EARLY STAGE.
It's not Ritchie's fault he was selected where he was.

As someone else put it, time to get off the kids back and see how he goes in the season proper.

As I've said a 20yr old Tambling is the least of our worries, he'll be fine.

I till dont think he was that bad in the first half an did a couple of nice things in the last qtr :don't know

Tigers of Old said:
Tygrys said:
Not 'expecting anything' in the first two years of a player rated that highly is just too much of a stretch for me (top four selection are seldom considered as project players). Like I said, I think it's reality at this moment, but time will tell.

Hang on a second.
Injuries severely disrupted his first season and he improved on that considerably last year.
He's played a couple of average preseason games and suddenly everyone's writing him off????????

He's only coming under pressure from critics because Buddy Flanklin's showing more promise AT THIS EARLY STAGE.
It's not Ritchie's fault he was selected where he was.

As someone else put it, time to get off the kids back and see how he goes in the season proper.

As I've said a 20yr old Tambling is the least of our worries, he'll be fine.

I agree it's all relative. It is totally not his fault he was selected where he was, but the reality is that is where he was picked and he will always be assessed with that context in mind. At the moment he simply doesn't look like a great get at pick four (maybe later in the draft but not a four). But I'm certainly not writing him off - we have to perservere and hope, and it wasn't so long ago that he was setting the world on fire as a junior. Again with the genius of hindsight would prefer to have Franklin, but that's history. Go Tambling! But sadly I don't share your confidence - I hope to God I'm wrong though!