Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling to fire in 07.

King of the Jungle said:
Why go back over old ground past drafts etc we have a good bunch of young kids who hopefully get the chance to develop together & build a winning culture back at Punt Road Tambling hasn't made it yet but looks promising just like Polo, Raines etc I think given time he will be a good player hard to much up on.  Need to find the inside players to get the pill out to these kids!! Fair enough rip into the likes of Tivendale, Hall etc they have had time & still stuff up but not the young players still learning the caper at the top level.

Go Tigers in 2007!!

Sorry King didn't understand a word you wrote - kept looking at your avatar.

Re: Tambling to fire in 07.

My tip is Tambling to be a much better player than Franklin in 07.
His head is much better screwed on than Franklin, and his body is now catching up with his skill given he's playing in the AFL.
He will be a very dangerous player in the forward line, with some great bursts in the middle.

Tambling Threads (merged)

I had a chat with Tambo after the game (Know it is only a intra club) but I complimented him on his application and he said that he wasn't happy with his game today. I also watched him up close when he was sitting on the bench and he seems to have that steely resolve in his eyes. Great to hear that he wasn't satisfied but for what its worth I thought he was awesome today! Fingers crossed he continues on. Very Very Encouraging stuff!

Re: Tambling. Humble Guy

Sat with him at the Season Launch 2 years ago an have never spoke to a more determined indiginous player,also in the Darwin all stars game against Bulldogs his face at 3 qtr time is pricless just so focused an pumped,keep your fingers crossed guys this kid is good

Improving in tight traffic too which was great to watch!

when he came on in the last quarter he made an immediate impact in the middle. twice gathering and offloading in heavy traffic. He's got the goods just needs it to click.

Guys like Tambo and Lids have speed and skill to burn. This year i'd like to see them take at least one game by the scruff of the neck and literally win it off their own boot. Polo had his last year on debut but soon id like to see either or both of these guys click.

By the look of Tambling his will be early!

I am so happy to have this guy at the club. I know exactly why Terry was so disappointed when it looked like we wouldn't get him, and why he jumped on the opportunity to take him when it arose. I can also see why Terry's grin was so big for the couple of weeks after the draft. The kid has the talent, every footy observer who is worth listening to agrees, but he also has character which is not something you learn, you either have it or you don't. This kid will be a-ok no doubt about it.

I think it was on a TW interview,when he mentioned how he spoke with Tambling the morning of the draft an how he was shattered that this quality young man wouldnt be coming to us ,little did TW know what cunning plan was happening at Glenferrie

blx said:
when he came on in the last quarter he made an immediate impact in the middle. twice gathering and offloading in heavy traffic. He's got the goods just needs it to click.

I hope you are right blx.
It's been said more than once recently that this club's fortune's rely largely on the success of '04 dps 1 & 4.
I've seen enough fom Bling already to be sure he'll make it.
Consistancy will be the key.

I love Bling too, and hope/think he will make a great player.

I've also heard the whole Hawks scenario of the '04 draft, with the Hawks "surprisingly" choosing Roughead, who was supposed to be our pick, in the hope that we would then choose a tall next (after Lids), so we would choose maybe Franklin, who was supposedly a lesser player than Lids, Roughy, Griffen and Bling, and the Hawks could swoop and choose Bling.

Without entering into the who's better Franklin or Tambling, but maybe the Hawks are simply choosing the best tall players early in the draft, and they certainly got the best 2 tall players that draft in Roughy and Franklin. And at times, I get a bit jealous when Franklin shows the talent he obviously has.

But, as we all hope, fingers crossed, Bling's about to have his "break-out" year. :) ;D

CC TIGER said:
I think it was on a TW interview,when he mentioned how he spoke with Tambling the morning of the draft an how he was shattered that this quality young man wouldnt be coming to us ,little did TW know what cunning plan was happening at Glenferrie

Richie should be ok but according to reports, franklin will be doing some serious damage real soon.

iitb said:
CC TIGER said:

Richie should be ok but according to reports, franklin will be doing some serious damage real soon.

Did you have to mention the F word. I was sooooo careful not to. It would be really nice to have a Tambling thread without the F word. :police:

Sorry to single you out, just notice Shers did it just before you. :scold Shers ;) :hihi

Everything I've heard attitude wise suggest Tambo over Buddy, so give my Bling any day. ;D

Shers said:
Everything I've heard attitude wise suggest Tambo over Buddy, so give my Bling any day. ;D

Everything I've seen on the football field performance wise suggests Buddy over Tambo. Fingers crossed though that all changes this year.