Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling. Humble Guy

I also noticed in the Intraclub game that Bling hardly ever looked to dish off immediately. I LIKE THAT! He wheeled around a fair bit and carried it for a while before going long most times. I for one would rather see a deep turnover from the likes of Tambo trying to create something rather than the Rodan type run, fumble slip. oops!

A creative midfield who seems to have plenty of time in tight traffic. That's what I saw at the Intraclub. Long may it continue.

Tambling Threads (merged)

Can't kick, doesn't use pace, too lightly built to lay a decent tackle, looks out of his depth yet seems to be a walk up start. Can anyone list any skills he has shown so far?

Re: Richard Tambling

I'm wondering iff you're just stirring up a debate/topic.

This young kid has some clear potential.

An average game yesterday, but he has pace to burn, good vision - and some real skills down low/on the break.

Change subject.

yeah great call

let's write a 20yr old kid off who has genuine ability and could be a star

why don't we just cut our losses and delist him now. he's probably better than half the players on our list and will undoubtably continue to improve

RFC i wish u controlled the list down at tigerland, you'd be able to re-draft genuine stars like Craig Biddescombe and Clinton King

ps i'm pretty sure i've seen him connect boot to ball on at least a couple of occasions

I don't think RFC stands for Richmond Football Club somehow! Well not on this occasion.

Gee, in the first half I thought he was one of our few competitive players. :headscratch

RFC said:
Can't kick, doesn't use pace, too lightly built to lay a decent tackle, looks out of his depth yet seems to be a walk up start. Can anyone list any skills he has shown so far?

must remember not to get your book "how to make new friends" by RFC.

Wait and see what ... Tambling actually find a target by foot .... yea right ....
You need to be able to constantly hit a target on the chest thats 20 metres away ... not miss 90% of the time and kick it out on the full the other 10%
I agree with the minority on PRE that for a overall 4th pick in a draft Tambling is a major disapointment , the comparisons will always be drawn to Tambling over Franklin, just as they were always drawn to Fiora over Pavlich , and boy did you PRE flogged that one to death , so whats the difference this time ...
just face facts Tambling has not shown anything to suggest he will make it , i cant even see Tambling kicking 4 goals in 12 matches let alone in 12 minutes and be a game winner like Franklin did.
I wouldnt get rid of him though , as we will need someone to bag every week when Tivendale retires ....

Yeah I spose you are right. I mean, he IS 20, so he should have already won a brownlow and be averaging 30 touches and 5 goals a game.

Seriously, what is with the influx of knobs and dropkicks on PRE lately? You all should be in a gutter somewhere.

feisty tige said:
Not the same types of players... any of them...

sigh.

True. Franklin is the talk of the town and Bling is nowhere.

I have refrained lately in raising this point, but I will ask again, are our recruiters up to it?

Turbo Tiger said:
feisty tige said:

sigh.

I have refrained lately in raising this point, but I will ask again, are our recruiters up to it?
Was wondering how long before you'd be back from Hawkheadquarters. Come on, repost the same *smile* under your alias Artful one.

Turbo Tiger said:
feisty tige said:

sigh.

Foolish comment, all of the recruiters I have heard talk, from many different clubs about that draft, admit they would all have taken Tambling before Buddy. A lot of drafting is pure luck, having said that Richmond have had more that its share of bad luck over the last few years.

In his defence, Tambling made some excellent clearances in the first quarter, I think at one stage the Tigers had 7 clearances to 0 early in the match. If Terry had any sort of structure in place to get a mark at CHF the Tigers may have been 7 goals up by quarter time, poor coaching I thought.

Also, a couple of Tamblings misses were trying to hit blokes who were leading full tilt to the boundary line.

No doubt he needs to improve in a couple of these areas, however if the Tigers are as good at the bounce this year as they were on Sunday, that would be a massive improvement on last year and could help them get a few more wins.

Tambo is a least attacking the footy at the moment & getting his hands on the footy once he gets the confidence will be a good solid player.