Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling to fire in 07.

He has all the tools to be a tremendous player, but I still reckon he lacks confidence in himself,and needs to be harder at the contests.
I remember watching the clips of his NT games and his desire as well as his attack on the footy and paticularly his tackling were exemplary....I'd love to see some of this in his game in seasons to come.

His second half of the year did show massive signs of finding his feet.

In all honesty we need Tambling in 2007 to have a Raines 2006 type year. I don't think people understand how much a fit and firing Tambling would make to our side. He gives us something that we don't have in spades, raw pace in traffic. Richie needs to watch Daniel Kerr videos. We need him to be more Kerr then Davey.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
checkside said:
Wells has had just as much injury problems as Tambling, probably more and is only one year older than Tambling. Not many 21 year olds with consistent injury problems are elite.

Not many consistently-injured players play 80 of the last 81 games either :p; fair point about his age (22 in March) and probably has another year to establish himself in the top bracket.
He hardly ever trains. If he was at a better club they would have given him the time of and he would be fine by now.

Nice dream T.O.O. After watching the tiwi island bombers on tele today and seeing how many super fast, super skilled aboriginal players are running around and given that Michael Long said something to the effect that 'Richard tambling could easily become the best aboriginal player ever' before we took him, Ive got BIG expectations. Longy may have been a bit over-excited, but I reckon Richie will become something pretty special. How old is he? 19?

CC TIGER said:
Just had a quick squiz at Richies stats

Goals 14/19
Average possies 13 per game an in the 2nd half of the year only had the one real quiet game against the Swans with 6 touches.
Had a season high 23 against the Cats
Averaged 5 marks a game an a season high of 11 an another 10 mark game.
had 2 tackles per game with a high of 6
Received 20 free kicks an only gave away 8

In your stats where are the ones where he has chased and make the opposition turn over the ball? Come on, there're the important and usually go unnoticed.

I've said this before but, in time he will develop into an outstanding footballer in the Mcleod mould i hope!

We must be in good shape if we are worrying if Tambling is going to make it ;)

CC TIGER said:
Is that right Franklin was the next pick after Tambling ,sh!t I didnt know ::) :hihi

Not sure if this is true but apparently we could have had Pavlich one time of day. :cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh

Harro12 said:
CC TIGER said:
Is that right Franklin was the next pick after Tambling ,sh!t I didnt know ::) :hihi

Not sure if this is true but apparently we could have had Pavlich one time of day. :cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh :cutelaugh

Yes, but would you have taken Pavlich and missed the opportunity of drafting Fiora? Tough choices. Tough, tough choices.

Harro12 said:
CC TIGER said:

Meh, he's not that good. He's already 24 and has only been AA four times. :sleeping

Harro12 said:
CC TIGER said:

This is not funny. Franklin is a match winner and Tambling is all "potential". This was a massive stuff up by Miller and co.

There is not a single football fan, except for our members, who would even entertain the thought of suggesting Tambling is or will be a better player thyan Franklin.

What a joke...

Why go back over old ground past drafts etc we have a good bunch of young kids who hopefully get the chance to develop together & build a winning culture back at Punt Road Tambling hasn't made it yet but looks promising just like Polo, Raines etc I think given time he will be a good player hard to much up on. Need to find the inside players to get the pill out to these kids!! Fair enough rip into the likes of Tivendale, Hall etc they have had time & still stuff up but not the young players still learning the caper at the top level.

Go Tigers in 2007!!

No worries on Bling being a great player for us Tubbo Hawker. Where was Brennan drafted again?

Im still really excited about Richie.....if he was 24 id be worried...but he is 19....the kid has talent....just needs the body and confidence. Will be our X factor for sure!! :clap

Turbo Tiger said:
Harro12 said:
CC TIGER said:

This is not funny. Franklin is a match winner and Tambling is all "potential". This was a massive stuff up by Miller and co.

There is not a single football fan, except for our members, who would even entertain the thought of suggesting Tambling is or will be a better player thyan Franklin.

What a joke...
How can you say that Miller stuffed up when there was a stage in 2004 where Tambling was tipped to be picked up 1st by everyone. In the end Deledio was clear favourite for first pick but it was very tight between Tambling, Franklin and Griffen. Tambling WILL BE a superstar and we were lucky for him to still be there at pick 4.

Turbo Tiger said:

What a joke...
Remember Blings run in the pre-season game against the Pies?
Bling lost confidence in his Body throughout 2005.
2006 was a year of getting that confidence back with his body.
One thing he hasnt lost and never will is his skill.
Expect more runs like that against the pies in 2007. :p

Don't waster your time. Tubbo Hawker won't be convinced until Bling has a Brownlow and Bloody Flankling is the new 'X Factor' playing for WA or Freo (but he hasn't factored in that part yet).

The comparison of us picking up Tambling as opposed to Franklin is as stupid as comparing us getting Deledio instead of Roughead. Somehow in the scheme of things I think we did a bit better than the Hawks (the operative words being ' a bit').

Let's judge it for what it is worth. 2 clubs had priority picks (therefore were evenly placed). We were ahead in the line and justified that by choosing 2 players that comparatively speaking slightly better choices than what Hawthorn made. Let me clarify it by saying that the Franklin choice may proove to be a bit better choice than Tambling but the Deledio choice will be a fair bit better than the Roughead one! Case Closed. Build a Bridge!