Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Dallas said:
1st time Tambling could walk off the ground and say "i positively influenced the game today for a sustained period and it helped us win a game"

It was the first time i'd saw him use his pace to true advantage, not just flash in and pick up the ball, but beat blokes b/c he was quicker to the ball and then they couldn't touch him. Was esp noticeable as the game wore on and heavy legs kicked in.

I helps when you know your body is right. He will get better.

Tambling is going to be awesome. The fact is we were never going to have Franklin. Ever. When the Hawks took Roughead we had to take the best available and that was and will always be Tambling. Tambling is the full package, a play that will be very hard to tag. His performance against Geelong wil be an average performance from him. He will average 2 goals a game through out his career and go down as a Richmond Great, Mark my words. We will be comparing him to Matera, Mcleod etc.. and Franklin will be Franklin who cares.
Within 4 years he will be top 5 in the comp. I have never been so sure that a player will make it than I am with Tambling.

Based on the fact that he is
1 Talanted
2. Super quick
3 possibly the best kick at the club
4 Kicks goals, knows where they are.
5 Can play onball, or as a leading forward option. Plays tall or small.
6. Will be very hard to Tagg because he reads the pack as well as I have seen. ( when he played in the NT and in the games I've seen)
7. Has a Burning desirer to make it.
8. and is super competitive.

Best game to date and I think we saw a glimpse into the future. Half a glimpse.

nut said:
Tambling is going to be awesome. The fact is we were never going to have Franklin. Ever. When the Hawks took Roughead we had to take the best available and that was and will always be Tambling. Tambling is the full package, a play that will be very hard to tag. His performance against Geelong wil be an average performance from him. He will average 2 goals a game through out his career and go down as a Richmond Great, Mark my words. We will be comparing him to Matera, Mcleod etc.. and Franklin will be Franklin who cares.
Within 4 years he will be top 5 in the comp. I have never been so sure that a player will make it than I am with Tambling.

1 Talanted
2. Super quick
6. Will be very hard to Tagg because he reads the pack as well as I have seen. ( when he played in the NT and in the games I've seen)

I watched training several times pre-season prior to 2005,and I was mesmerised watching Tambo.He was racing about and using the ball so sublimely it was a joy to watch.
Roll forward to this season scratch match at Vic Park and I was worried.
He seemed lost and couldn't buy a touch and his confidence seemed sapped totally.
I admit I started to worry about him just a little as he has so much upside and time on his side,but also knew once he strung some games together he would blossom as he only needed to believe in himself and that he really belonged in the big league.
I really hope he continues to improve as he may be the player that Nutbag suggests he can be.

struggletown3121 said:
nut said:

1 Talanted
2. Super quick
I was mesmerised watching Tambo.

Interesting to re-visit this thread.  I have experienced the same thing 3121.  Surprised some have questioned his kicking...would have the lowest error count at the club.  May turn out to be very special...suffice to say that he and lids are the keys to a sustained period of success in the future.

His kicking is effective but he has a very awkard action.

As for who is the better player, I don't think you can make that call until a few years from now.
I actually rated Ottens above Johnstone for a few years!!!

i'm not gonna go back through 27 pages of thread to find my own quote, but i said a couple of weeks ago that if they havem't already donoe so. the RFC should sign tambling up because he is about to explode. am i right or am i right? he's asking price for next year is about to increase...

Ian4 said:
i'm not gonna go back through 27 pages of thread to find my own quote, but i said a couple of weeks ago that if they havem't already donoe so. the RFC should sign tambling up because he is about to explode. am i right or am i right? he's asking price for next year is about to increase...

your right about Tmbling Ian but wrong about the dallas bar...great joint!  :hihi

Ian4 said:

Yes...you are right!

nut said:

1 Talanted
2. Super quick

nice post butter nut snap. Like your vision and enthusiasm. Great game sat from Ricardo.

nut said:

1 Talanted
2. Super quick

You can add the fact he has a great leap and good hands above and below the waist and you're on the money.

I was watching the channel 10 telecast and it was interesting to hear Robert Walls comment:

1) Tambling should use his speed to take on opposition players more often.
2) His work ethic is good when the tigers have the ball
3) Has a poor work ethic defensively and needs to rectify this otherwise he is doing the team a disservice.

After Tambling was benched, Walls commented that the benching was for a lack of defencive chasing on his opponent.

When Tambling came back on and put in a great chase, he also commented that was well done but that type of effort has to be put in ALL the time.

IMHO lately Robert Walls has been giving the Tigers very balanced critique.

Ghost Who Walks said:
I was watching the channel 10 telecast and it was interesting to hear Robert Walls comment:

3) Has a poor work ethic defensively and needs to rectify this otherwise he is doing the team a disservice.

After Tambling was benched, Walls commented that the benching was for a lack of defencive chasing on his opponent.

When Tambling came back on and put in a great chase, he also commented that was well done but that type of effort has to be put in ALL the time.

Typical "Captain Bleeding Obvious" commentary as always from Robert Walls. All he is doing is repeating what we have been saying for ages on PRE.

The next original idea Wallsy gets will be his first  ::)

Hayfever said:
Ghost Who Walks said:

Typical "Captain Bleeding Obvious" commentary as always from Robert Walls. All he is doing is repeating what we have been saying for ages on PRE.

The next original idea Wallsy gets will be his first  ::)

CBO comment belongs to Steve Quarterbrain; takes as long as Dermie to put two words together and says absolutely nothing.

Then 10 commentary is appalling but not as bad as 9; Tim Lane should have stuck to radio as he does not get enough commentary time on 10.

the third qrt...what a great pick up by tambling at full pace, and then dished it off...this is the stuff hopefully when he matures it will be become the norm...not to forget that great snap for goal..

spot on by wallsy but even better was the fact when benched he came back out and had obviuosly learnt from his benching.

some of these blokes are just kids, its all about teaching them the errors and them hopefully learning and rectifying them..

Ghost Who Walks said:

Im my opinion this comment was incorrect. He was benched in this case just after picking up the ball in the defensive 50 and kicking it up to the wing where there was a sea of Essendon players, and the ball rebounded straight back. I'd say a quick chat to him to tell him to weigh up his otions better.

Was anybody impressed with the poise & footy smarts of Courtney Dempsey last night?
Of course, he doesn't have the explosive pace of Richard Tambling !

Skills said:
Was anybody impressed with the poise & footy smarts of Courtney Dempsey last night?
Of course, he doesn't have the explosive pace of Richard Tambling !
Yes I was. A colt to watch that one

Ghost Who Walks said:
Hayfever said:
Ghost Who Walks said:

The next original idea Wallsy gets will be his first ::)

CBO comment belongs to Steve Quarterbrain; takes as long as Dermie to put two words together and says absolutely nothing.

Then 10 commentary is appalling but not as bad as 9; Tim Lane should have stuck to radio as he does not get enough commentary time on 10.

Tim Lane is a discraceful commentator!

He'd be right up there for worst commentor is the history of the game.........of any sport for that matter.