Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Lay off Tambling!!

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Phantom said:
As for the Recruiting Mgrs position, I can't recall doing the same thing, maybe because I already knew who Greg had targetted for the position. May be I did, but my mind has submerged it. I've looked up my Sent Items but everything on my work computer up to the end of 2005 has been archived. I'll have a look at my home computer tonight.
Surely a position as recruiting manager of your beloved Tigers wouldnt be swept aside that easly.You either did or didnt apply, its something i would recall.

I'll have a look in my Sent Items for you tonight j2.

It's hardly relevant to a thread about Tambo. How about pm's about the personal stuff? :hearton

rosy said:
It's hardly relevant to a thread about Tambo. How about pm's about the personal stuff? :hearton
Technically Rossella it is revelent to Tambo.Afterall we want the best recruiting mgr in 17yrs time to look at Bubs Tambo and build a side that he wants to be with ;D

Think you've got me there Johnno. I can't debate properly until I've had my morning coffee. :help

BloodOath said:
I seem to remeber a lot of talk about Danny Meyer - lots (well some ) of punters saying it was a possible that Danny would be the pick of the 2004 draft. Are the same people still confident 12 months on?

was one of those BO and yes i still believe it to be true. in fact the way my store is being handled is how i think all our juniors should be handled, slowly but surely. you wait ..... you just wait ;D

blx said:
BloodOath said:
I seem to remeber a lot of talk about Danny Meyer - lots (well some ) of punters saying it was a possible that Danny would be the pick of the 2004 draft. Are the same people still confident 12 months on?

was one of those BO and yes i still believe it to be true. in fact the way my store is being handled is how i think all our juniors should be handled, slowly but surely. you wait ..... you just wait ;D

Nice to hear SOMEBODY has some patience. :clap

blx said:
BloodOath said:

was one of those BO and yes i still believe it to be true. in fact the way my store is being handled is how i think all our juniors should be handled, slowly but surely. you wait ..... you just wait  ;D

blx - I am looking forward to seeeing him play some more and hoping!

Re: Tambling must pick 1

major spike said:
Thank god we didnt take Bling at number 1, otherwise we would've missed out on Lids.
Crikey Spike it's early days mate for both footballers.
At this point we don't really have any idea how both will turn out.
Sure Lids has a head start but he's still got a mountain of work ahead of him to be considered an elite footballer.

With comments like the one above Tambling will be thanking God he got taken at four as well.
Talk about writing him off early.
He may well end up better than Deledio. Let's give them both a while before forming judgements shall we...

Tigers of Old said:
major spike said:
Thank god we didnt take Bling at number 1, otherwise we would've missed out on Lids.
Crikey Spike it's early days mate for both footballers.
At this point we don't really have any idea how both will turn out.
Sure Lids has a head start but he's still got a mountain of work ahead of him to be considered an elite footballer.

With comments like the one above Tambling will be thanking God he got taken at four as well.
Talk about writing him off early.
He may well end up better than Deledio. Let's give them both a while before forming judgements shall we...

I think you get me wrong. Im very happy we got both of them, but if Bling was taken 1, no way would Lids have got through to #4.

Personally I think they will both be elite 200+ gamers, barring bad injuries.

major spike said:
Thank god we picked Lids ahead of everyone.

mb64 said:
major spike said:

Bloody oath, I'm very happy with Tambling's progress, but good to get one absolutely 100% correctimundo.

tigersnake said:
mb64 said:
major spike said:

Bloody oath, I'm very happy with Tambling's progress, but good to get one absolutely 100% correctimundo.

I'm still on the side that the draft is a bit of a lottery, a game RFC was once very bad at playing (looking at the form of your selection as well as the form of the opposition whom it was produced around. Make no mistake in 2009, Franklin at 2, Griffen at 3, Tambling at 4, or even Roughhead at 5 could well be talked about as the steal of the 2004 draft.

Never underestimate the development value of the coaching personel and the surrounding players in the overall scheme of things. Having said that Lids has the runs on the board and all you can do is be your best - the rest will take care of itself ;D

Vandenbergfan said:
People will lay off Tambling when he produces. Just at the moment it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon.

At the time of the draft the vibe on Tambling was that he was ready to step up immediately, after having been playing against men in the Northern Territory. It was accepted that Deledio and Tambling would have more immediate effect then the talls in the draft, and whilst Deledio has produced, Tambling has shown nothing.

The contrast between Franklin and Tambling couldn't be more stark, it is akin to comparing blood and water. Franklin on the one hand produced 20 goals as a developing tall in his first season, now rumoured to now be 199cm and 95kg, together with the most uncanny athletic ability and a highlights reel from season 2005 that would rival any first year recruit. Although Franklin was well beaten on the weekend playing a role that just didn't suit. He still stood up when it mattered by showing great poise in getting away from Hall and delivering a pass to Williams to win the game.

Over the last two years there were two players I wanted Hawthorn not to touch - one was Tambling and the other JON. For much the same reason, as I didn't want the club to waste high draft picks on sporadically producing light bodied ball receivers. These players are a dime a dozen and can be picked up in any draft and usually after the second round, yet curiously they have always been the type of player that Wallet has rated. They are the sort of players that are the icing on the cake but can rarely take you to the point of being a serious finals contender. Hawthorn has Harry Miller, a late second round pick, who has already shown more then Tambling as he did once again on the weekend.

In time Richmond supporters will come to view how poorly they played the 2005/06 drafts and that the premature celebrating of their coup post 2005 draft (complete with put-downs of Hawthorn's drafting) will become an issue of considerable angst, embarassment and bitterness.

:rofl

I still think he will be N0.1 player out of the draft. But by saying that the way the draft panned out I could not be happier.

Was his best game for the club today, nut. But go easy. Lids was on fire before he got injured. Hopefully it's not too long for him.

Disco08 said:
Vandenbergfan said:
People will lay off Tambling when he produces. Just at the moment it doesn't look like that is going to happen anytime soon.

At the time of the draft the vibe on Tambling was that he was ready to step up immediately, after having been playing against men in the Northern Territory. It was accepted that Deledio and Tambling would have more immediate effect then the talls in the draft, and whilst Deledio has produced, Tambling has shown nothing.

The contrast between Franklin and Tambling couldn't be more stark, it is akin to comparing blood and water. Franklin on the one hand produced 20 goals as a developing tall in his first season, now rumoured to now be 199cm and 95kg, together with the most uncanny athletic ability and a highlights reel from season 2005 that would rival any first year recruit. Although Franklin was well beaten on the weekend playing a role that just didn't suit. He still stood up when it mattered by showing great poise in getting away from Hall and delivering a pass to Williams to win the game.

Over the last two years there were two players I wanted Hawthorn not to touch - one was Tambling and the other JON. For much the same reason, as I didn't want the club to waste high draft picks on sporadically producing light bodied ball receivers. These players are a dime a dozen and can be picked up in any draft and usually after the second round, yet curiously they have always been the type of player that Wallet has rated. They are the sort of players that are the icing on the cake but can rarely take you to the point of being a serious finals contender. Hawthorn has Harry Miller, a late second round pick, who has already shown more then Tambling as he did once again on the weekend.

In time Richmond supporters will come to view how poorly they played the 2005/06 drafts and that the premature celebrating of their coup post 2005 draft (complete with put-downs of Hawthorn's drafting) will become an issue of considerable angst, embarassment and bitterness.

:hihi :hihi

Disco08 said:
Vandenbergfan said:

Over the last two years there were two players I wanted Hawthorn not to touch - one was Tambling and the other JON. For much the same reason, as I didn't want the club to waste high draft picks on sporadically producing light bodied ball receivers. These players are a dime a dozen and can be picked up in any draft and  usually after the second round, yet curiously they have always been the type of player that Wallet has rated. They are the sort of players that are the icing on the cake but can rarely take you to the point of being a serious finals contender. Hawthorn has Harry Miller, a late second round pick, who has already shown more then Tambling as he did once again on the weekend.

Beautiful stuff Disco.

Tops off a great week for the Dawks. Lord Jeff bores it up 'em. Jean Claude Vanbuggarit gets 4 weeks for stupidity and both Buddy and Ruffy are in more shyte than a Werribee duck  :hihi

To all the Tambling knockers, just be very cautious you don't swallow & choke. Today he racked a career best performace, and worked very hard up & down the ground leading, marking, making space, and oh of course, some precision passing resulting to goals.

I just hope he continues his performace & sticks it up the armchair experts. :hihi

Im still not expecting big things from Bling as yet...like TW said he doesnt expect players to have much of an impact ON THE RESULT of a game till their 3rd season...well Terry Lids, Bling and Polo may have something to tell you! I have said it before - Richard Tambling is going to be one hell of a player and you are just stupid and naive to bag him at his age....he is going to be a star...an absolute excitement machine...no doubt!