Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Lay off Tambling!!

RICHO_12 said:
Tambling is goin to be a match winner you can see the silkiness in his play

Very true RICHO.

Did anyone see Brian Peake's son playing for Freo yesterday? Class and silkiness in abundance there too.

i agree that tambling needs more time. but it's also interesting that richmond are talking about signing deledio to a new contract asap, but there has been no mention of doing the same for tambling. i have no doubt he will be re-signed of course, but it just shows you how far ahead deledio is compared to him...

I agree with Phantom. The lad needs to get confidence and possessions at Coburg. Not sure about the whole season but he needs to string together a number of 30+ possession games. He seems to lack the one touch surety and silky skills I'm sure he would have had in the NT. Foley had to accumulate a numberr of 40+ games before he earnt promotion last year - why is Tambling any different? I'm sure he will develop into an outstanding footballer but he is a skinny baby at this stage.

Comparing him to Deledio is unfair despite the fact that they were taken at 1 and 4 respectively. Tambling is always going to be a longer term project. Just line the two up - Deledio is a man (even at 18). Tambling is still a boy. He needs time and confidence which will come from him dominating at the lower level. When he gains this confidence and body size - look out !!!

I thought by lookin at him on TV he has put on a stack since last year, of course he could add more but Krak even looks tiny next to him!!

Has Krak ever seen a GYM anyone know what everyone Benches at the RFC???

AZZ said:
I agree with Phantom.  The lad needs to get confidence and possessions at Coburg.  Not sure about the whole season but he needs to string together a number of 30+ possession games.  He seems to lack the one touch surety and silky skills I'm sure he would have had in the NT.  Foley had to accumulate a numberr of 40+ games before he earnt promotion last year - why is Tambling any different?  
Because he is different.

Comparing Foley with Tambling is like comparing Knobel with Richo. Different strokes for different folks.

Simple solution to Tambling to build his confidence.Play the kid off halfback.

Hayfever said:
RICHO_12 said:

Very true RICHO.

Did anyone see Brian Peake's son playing for Freo yesterday? Class and silkiness in abundance there too.
Yeh i saw him playing, he ran down Judd

checkside said:
Hayfever said:
RICHO_12 said:

Very true RICHO.

Did anyone see Brian Peake's son playing for Freo yesterday?  Class and silkiness in abundance there too.

Peake is 22 years old and been in the WAFL system for a few years - very difficult to compare his physical & football development with Tamblings.

Darth Tiger said:
checkside said:
Hayfever said:
RICHO_12 said:

Very true RICHO.

Did anyone see Brian Peake's son playing for Freo yesterday?  Class and silkiness in abundance there too.

Peake is 22 years old and been in the WAFL system for a few years - very difficult to compare his physical & football development with Tamblings.
Fair enough......... I didn't realise he was 22.

He's all class like his father was but with a different physique and hairstyle ;)

Darth Tiger said:
checkside said:
Hayfever said:
RICHO_12 said:

Very true RICHO.

I dont think he was compairing them

Back in the dim dark ages I went to "VFL Park" to watch the VIC'S play WA in an interstate match. Brian Peake came over here with WA with the reputation as "The Best Wingman in Australia". A scrawny weedy fella who played for the Demons proceeded to show Peake just what footy was all about. That blokes name is Robbie Flower. He played an absolutely fantastic game that day. One of the best exhibitions of footy I have seen.
Did anyone else on this site have the priviledge to enjoy that game.

Hayfever said:
RICHO_12 said:

Very true RICHO.

Unfortunately he's yet win a contested possession - pure receiver, like the rest of the Freo front runners. If they could only get some mid field grunt mmm Tuck or Cogs come to mind, they would romp it in.

maverick said:
Hayfever said:
RICHO_12 said:

Very true RICHO.

Unfortunately he's yet win a contested possession - pure receiver, like the rest of the Freo front runners. If they could only get some mid field grunt mmm Tuck or Cogs come to mind, they would romp it in.
Hes had 3 in 9 games

let me start by saying i dont have any problems with tambling at this stage but,i do have concerns about his size some of his skills under pressure and his ball winning ability.but at this stage one would say he has the tools to make a good afl player how good well who knows.
my gripe is not with tambling it is with the club. as i believe tambling should not have been taken with pick 4 when franklin was still available this is not hindsight i would never have taken tambling and due to list needs the club should never have taken him either.in fact when it comes to drafting talls or solid onballers the club has failed miserably in recent times. tall players we should of had on our list and a lot of people pushed for them are clarke wood franklin  bradley and gibson,

the claw said:
as i believe tambling should not have been taken with pick 4 when franklin was still available this is not hindsight i would never have taken tambling and due to list needs the club should never have taken him either.in fact when it comes to drafting talls or solid onballers the club has failed miserably in recent times. tall players we should of had on our list and a lot of people pushed for them are clarke wood franklin  bradley and gibson,

Absolute garbage! Go away mr "wouldn't touch franklin with a barge pole"....your words not mine! With hindsight we can all be kings!

Phantom said:
As I said last year.

Put him on the ball for the season at Coburg where he can gain confidence and pick up 300 possies, plus 30 goals, for the season.

I would like to see this too - at least untill he has proven himself at this level. It would be great for him. At present he needs body confidence and self confidence - that he can play footy at the elite level - and in the 'southern' environment.

Unless you have lived here, it is very difficult to appreciate the gulf between an aboriginal boy from NT and a Victorian lad. The weather's different, the footy is different, the lifestyle is different, cultural expectations are WAY different. Richard will flourish at AFL level once he has become hardened and acclimatised in the VFL.

Just looking at some of the first and second year players out there on Saturday, it is clear that it has done them no harm. Davey's time in the VFL was good for him also. TW has said in a recent interview that he will have to 'keep' his place in the seniors, implying that there would be no free ride given. Good thinking TW I say!

Richmond United said:
the claw said:
as i believe tambling should not have been taken with pick 4 when franklin was still available this is not hindsight i would never have taken tambling and due to list needs the club should never have taken him either.in fact when it comes to drafting talls or solid onballers the club has failed miserably in recent times. tall players we should of had on our list and a lot of people pushed for them are clarke wood franklin  bradley and gibson,

Absolute garbage! Go away mr "wouldn't touch franklin with a barge pole"....your words not mine! With hindsight we can all be kings! 
no no get it right i said i wouldnt touch clarke with a barge pole and yes i have learnt a lesson about overlooking players with percieved poor attitudes when they show every other attribute needed to succeed. with hindsight clarke should of been taken in front of jon so should of hurn who i pushed for.

the claw said:
Richmond United said:
the claw said:

no no get it right i said i wouldnt touch clarke with a barge pole and yes i have learnt a lesson about overlooking players with percieved poor attitudes when they show every other attribute needed to succeed. with hindsight clarke should of been taken in front of jon so should of hurn who i pushed for.
anyway hindsight or not it doesnt alter the fact rfc got it wrong and have done the last 4 or 5 drafts.

the claw said:

So if I read you correctly (and your posts can be damn hard to read) you have totally changed your opinion based 1 pre-season game played by a first year draftee, and have written off the player we took who has not even had the chance to play 1 game.

By the way I feel it is probably unfair to judge a young player on 1 season let alone 1 game. Call me feral if you like (Whatever that means).