Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Lay off Tambling!!

By the way i am not on Tambling. Havent attacked him once , and in fact i am a big supporter of his, so at least i cant have the finger pointed at me over this one. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Disco Stu said:
BalmyArmy said:
Unofficially, we both laughed at a couple of players on the senior list who we dont think will cut the mustard, but for his sake, I wont mention names. kelvin is a big unit, and I hope he gets his leg right. i would rather see him playing than some others at the moment.

Good to see that Kelvin can laugh at himself.
I was going to mention this, i dont think kelvin is one to laugh at others who cant play at this level.

BalmyArmy said:
Unofficially, we both laughed at a couple of players on the senior list who we dont think will cut the mustard, but for his sake, I wont mention names. 

Was he laughing at himself?

Re Tambling, my main concern is his composure and awareness in tight. Too often he's concerned about players around him leading him to take his eyes off the footy and thus fumble. He panicks, rushes and struggles to read the play. Hope he can improve in this area.

tw made a note in the hun the other day that we shuldn't be expecting miracles from players such as deledio and tambling. realistically, he's right.

Ian4 said:
tw made a note in the hun the other day that we shuldn't be expecting miracles from players such as deledio and tambling. realistically, he's right.

I agree with TW's comment about expecting miracles - Miracles dont win you premierships.

Skills said:
Ian4 said:

I agree with TW's comment about expecting miracles - Miracles dont win you premierships.

It happened in 1990 though.

BalmyArmy said:
Unofficially, we both laughed at a couple of players on the senior list who we dont think will cut the mustard, but for his sake, I wont mention names. 

Umm, K.Moore wasn't one of those names was it? Can't believe he'd be "unofficially" pointing the bone at anyone else on the list. He must have hung on by the skin of his teeth last year.

Macca68 said:
I'm disgusted by negative comments that I've read about Tambling on here since yesterdays game.

People saying he's disinterested, not trying, not good enough etc etc.

Give the kid a break - he had very limited game time yesterday, after struggling with a groin problem for the past few weeks.

He is being nursed along at the moment and showed good signs in the last quarter yesterday.

If this kid can get his body right and play 10 - 15 games in succession he will come on in leaps and bounds.

So lay off him guys he's still only 19 for gods sake. Some people in here are so quick to hit the panic button and stick the knife in.
When will it be ok to give opinions on him then?

Ridley said:
BalmyArmy said:

Umm, K.Moore wasn't one of those names was it? Can't believe he'd be "unofficially" pointing the bone at anyone else on the list. He must have hung on by the skin of his teeth last year.
Was thinking the same thing. People in glass houses....

Skills said:
Macca68 said:
If this kid can get his body right

This is what most people percieve to be Tamblings common denominator at the moment - Personally, the problem is deeper and it is found on the field.

Stop beating around the bush like a child Skills, be a man and bring it out into the open. You are talking about Tamblings courage aren't you? It does appear to be a bit of a problem at present and lets hope he matures out of it.

jayfox said:
Skills said:
Macca68 said:
If this kid can get his body right

This is what most people percieve to be Tamblings common denominator at the moment - Personally, the problem is deeper and it is found on the field.

Stop beating around the bush like a child Skills, be a man and bring it out into the open. You are talking about Tamblings courage aren't you? It does appear to be a bit of a problem at present and lets hope he matures out of it.
You may or may not be right there Jayfox, but watching him out there, he almost seems in awe of it all & perhaps lacks the confidence to match it with the senior blokes. Really need to get someone into his head & let him know that he belongs out there & to be prepared to get in there & get the bloody thing - regardless of who else is around you.

As I said last year.

Put him on the ball for the season at Coburg where he can gain confidence and pick up 300 possies, plus 30 goals, for the season.

Then in 2007 you will have a vastly different player with a heap more confidence. Or otherwise you'll find out that he may not have it.

Either result is fine. You have to find out the truth one way or another. Better to let a player develop at his own pace, where he has the opportunity to build confidence. When he is cosistantly proving that he is playing below his level, then is the time to move him up.

As for Saturday's game, there were a few others worse than him.

Phantom said:
As I said last year.

Put him on the ball for the season at Coburg where he can gain confidence and pick up 300 possies, plus 30 goals, for the season.

Then in 2007 you will have a vastly different player with a heap more confidence. Or otherwise you'll find out that he may not have it.

Either result is fine. You have to find out the truth one way or another. Better to let a player develop at his own pace, where he has the opportunity to build confidence. When he is cosistantly proving that he is playing below his level, then is the time to move him up.

I disagree phantom. Leave him in the seniors where he'll be able to get used to the tempo and flow of the game a lot quicker. Sure he'll struggle at time but I honestly feel Tambling is far too talented to play with coburg who don't have many good players this year. What possible benefit will coburg give him?

iitb said:
Phantom said:
As I said last year.

I disagree phantom. Leave him in the seniors where he'll be able to get used to the tempo and flow of the game a lot quicker. Sure he'll struggle at time but I honestly feel Tambling is far too talented to play with coburg who don't have many good players this year.  What possible benefit will coburg give him?

I thought we all saw that method fail miserably in 2005. Andy Collins is a very good coach, and will be very good for Coburg, if he gets the support.

I can understand why people have commented on young Richard and it could stem from our frustration over recent times with draft picks. Apart from his transition into the elite level, personal hurdles, overcoming injuries we need to understand it will take time before he will become a worry to the opposition.

For example, Couglan didn't set the world on fire and it took him a couple of seasons to come out of his shell, and I know you will be quick to point out the he wasn't Pick 4 in the draft, however I just think TW has instructed him to go out there and absorb every opportunity he can get and learn from his mistakes.

Again, as pointed out, TW did say to the supporters they SHOULD NOT be expecting too much from Tambling & Deledio this year.

Leave him in the ones. I'm sure Wallace will do this anyway, so long as he remains sound.

Sure his touch and timing were out for a lot of Saturday's trial but he was not Robinson Crusoe. He has the attacking ability, no question. His upside potential is as good as anyone on our list.

When will people realise we do not have the strength or depth of some of the top sides(e.g. St Kilda). All our players have deficiencies........ be it skill, inexperience, physical development, coming back from serious injury or "past their prime".

Rome wasn't buillt in a day.  

Anyone who thinks Tambling will not be a very Important player when we make plays for the premiership have got rocks in their heads. Seriously he has done nothing except show glimpses of brilliance, when he strings a few matches together, builds a foundation and can get through games with added confidence both mentally and physically he will literally smash teams.
He is a match winner, not a 30 possesion winner, although I think he will be able to do both. You will be able to switch him forward as a leading option, or in the middle for added pace and in defence for run out of the backline. Anyone on here who thinks otherwise is a twit.

Tambling is goin to be a match winner you can see the silkiness in his play, however I hope he doesnt just sit back and wait for the magic too happen i feel he is gonna have the freakishness of Leon Davis with a bit more class and a greater presence over the ground!!!

RICHO_12 said:
Tambling is goin to be a match winner ............................................. i feel he is gonna have the freakishness of Leon Davis .

You know how to spoil a good day dontchya. :vomit

If Tambo turns out anything like Neon Leon, then I know a few would be saying, 'I told you so'. ;)