Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling must pick 1

Tambo when fit (god give him a break ok) would dump all over franklin. I just hope the guy can actually get fit and he will rip oppostion defences apart. But that will only happen when he is fit and over the leg injuries he seems to be plagued by.

skiptomystu said:
I'm with you RROFO, so Richie is behind Franklin after one year..............big deal. I'll be happy to say in 5 years that we should have taken Franklin if Tambo is no good, but if he does come good some people on here might have to eat their words.

this is not about footballing ability right now. at the AFL level it not always is. this is something else though that is not about abilty or application. this is a young mans fragile body that cant cope with the rigours of the AFL game and that is a big problem.

i hope and pray he gets right so we at least know what he is made of without being denied the chance to show it

LidsandBling said:
RROFO said:
LidsandBling said:
we will regret not taking franklin

No regrets!!!! Tambo will be fine, and if he isn't then that's just the way it is. Franklin will be whatever Franklin will be and quite frankly I couldn't care less. ::) Frankly I can't see why you guys care either. Let Franklin be Hawthorn's problem. If he does a knee next week how many of you guys will be wishing we took him. You'll all be off his band wagon saying "urrr we should have taken Jordan Lewis or John Meeson urrr". Stop living in the past. I am so looking forward to two years time when Tambos an absolute champion and if he isn't, well boo hoo. I'll be sorry for the boy because I think he deserves better.

i am just being realistic in stating that at this moment we look like we have drafted an injury prone skinny kid who played some good junior footy and looked like could be anything. at the end of the 04 season and even now we are ldesperately lacking in kpp forwards. franklin reminds me of a very young richo. he will end up a very fine kpp forward. mark my words.

if you are not the slightest bit dissapointed by the injuries ritchie has had so far in his short career than you should be.

i would like nothing more than this to be a short term thing and he gets fit and comes along like we all know he should but im sorry to say at this point in time we drafted a big problem.

Of course I'm disappointed as I'm sure he is. I'm also sure Franklin will end up at least useful if not, as you say, a very fine kpp forward. My point is, we didn't draft him so he won't be playing for us in the near future. End of story. Every time we talk about Tambling someone mentions Franklin. Why? We drafted who we drafted. I'm sure we had our reasons. We didn't put Rory Kirkby or Kurby or what ever his name is on our rookie list and we took Thursty instead. Lots of people were screaming then. Looks like we won that one now. Win some lose some and I reckon we are far from having lost on Tambo just yet. Statements like "we will regret not taking franklin" are pure guess work and serve little purpose. If Tambo was to read some of the stuff posted here he may feel pretty low. Luckily I don't reckon many of the football players would be stupid enough to read a fan forum. Unfortunately it would probably be the young ones who may be tempted.

Tambling will be playing his best footy between the age of 24-29. As pretty much every athlete and AFL footballer does. So how about we all just relax a bit here. I have no dount Tambling will be a very good player at this time.

i think its generally accepted that both are very talented prospects.If they both turn into good players the only way we will regret taking tambling is if we fail to develop a decent kp or two.my criticisms are not of tambling although i have one or two concerns but of the club for not looking after the overall interests of the list.boy we are going to be dirty if another pavlich fiora scenario develops which would be worst case scenario.

RROFO said:
LidsandBling said:
RROFO said:
LidsandBling said:
we will regret not taking franklin

No regrets!!!! Tambo will be fine, and if he isn't then that's just the way it is. Franklin will be whatever Franklin will be and quite frankly I couldn't care less. ::) Frankly I can't see why you guys care either. Let Franklin be Hawthorn's problem. If he does a knee next week how many of you guys will be wishing we took him. You'll all be off his band wagon saying "urrr we should have taken Jordan Lewis or John Meeson urrr". Stop living in the past. I am so looking forward to two years time when Tambos an absolute champion and if he isn't, well boo hoo. I'll be sorry for the boy because I think he deserves better.

i am just being realistic in stating that at this moment we look like we have drafted an injury prone skinny kid who played some good junior footy and looked like could be anything. at the end of the 04 season and even now we are ldesperately lacking in kpp forwards. franklin reminds me of a very young richo. he will end up a very fine kpp forward. mark my words.

if you are not the slightest bit dissapointed by the injuries ritchie has had so far in his short career than you should be.

i would like nothing more than this to be a short term thing and he gets fit and comes along like we all know he should but im sorry to say at this point in time we drafted a big problem.

Of course I'm disappointed as I'm sure he is. I'm also sure Franklin will end up at least useful if not, as you say, a very fine kpp forward. My point is, we didn't draft him so he won't be playing for us in the near future. End of story. Every time we talk about Tambling someone mentions Franklin. Why? We drafted who we drafted. I'm sure we had our reasons. We didn't put Rory Kirkby or Kurby or what ever his name is on our rookie list and we took Thursty instead. Lots of people were screaming then. Looks like we won that one now. Win some lose some and I reckon we are far from having lost on Tambo just yet. Statements like "we will regret not taking franklin" are pure guess work and serve little purpose. If Tambo was to read some of the stuff posted here he may feel pretty low. Luckily I don't reckon many of the football players would be stupid enough to read a fan forum. Unfortunately it would probably be the young ones who may be tempted.

there is a diff between the importance of a speculative rookie selection and pick 4 in the NSD.

you sound like you would know, very convincing.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
LidsandBling said:
what do you mean ?
You said we will regret NOT taking Franklin.Yet your nic is LidsandBling

never thought about it. i am dissapointed for him to have another setback and dissapointed for rfc atm. id love to see him fit and healthy and firing

i have seen this before when skinny kids put on some weight and muscle and start doing hammys, let him get strong but not too big. his legs cant handle the extra weight

blx said:
LidsandBling said:
i am just being realistic

no your being pessimistic.

is the fact that our prized no.4 draft is injury prone, hasn't completed a full pre season twice and cant stay on the park not REAL?

you're delusional mate

Your ALL delusional....... for god sake the kid is 19..... give him and all the other youngsters a break! I hope both Tambling and Franklin turn out to be great players - because its guys like these that can generate raw excitement and its what our game thrives on......this talk is just really petty.
Good on ya tambo - i saw enough in 2005 to be happy with and looking forward to what is to come!

LidsandBling said:
our prized no.4 draft is injury prone

how many games did Tambo play in his first year in AFL? thats an more than better return for a first year teenager i would of thought.

LidsandBling said:
hasn't completed a full pre season twice

If he's still twanging hammys in his third or forth year then i'd probobly start gettin the itchy trigger finger but at the moment (as you mentioned correctly) he's halfway through his SECOND (sorry what was that?) i said his SECOND pre-season.

LidsandBling said:
you're delusional mate

whatever.... i just think this topic has become abit OTT. espesially when the likes of yourself get all sooky and fear the worst.

i'll ask you one question......... has tambling done his hammy? do you know the REAL answer to that question? no, i thought as much.

all this henny penny rubbish is just SPECULATION!!! making mountains out of molehills, creating fears that MIGHT exist, setting unrealistic expectations to justify a purchase, juxtposing answers to ease anxieties ...... whos the deluded one, me?

People have been screaming the sky is falling regarding Tambling whenever he so much as sneezes ever since he arrived at Punt Rd. Not everyone can get their body 100% right for AFL footy immediately. Bling needs time, give him that and we'll all be cheering him on as he makes the impossible look easy.

I got to get to training tommorow to see Bling burnin up the track so we can put an end to the inuendo