Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling must pick 1

I saw someone posted on another site that they are afraid he could be another Mark Merenda. This would really sadden me if this became true................ :'(

BTW Have heard that Tambo was training at Punt Road today, so I dont think it is too serious.

skiptomystu said:
BTW Have heard that Tambo was training at Punt Road today, so I dont think it is too serious.

Phew!!!!!!! Clearly it was still niggling him from some of the reports. Take it easy Blinger - this is not the main game yet!

skiptomystu said:

At the same time I have heard he didnt train, whats the true story anyone?

TIGEREXTRA said:
skiptomystu said:

The true story is, the uncertainty surrounding Tamblings fitness &/ or concerns with back/ hamstring issues, means the price of pick #4 in the 2004 Nat. Draft is diminishing rapidly.
No excuses...let's stop kidding ourselves.

Skills said:
TIGEREXTRA said:
skiptomystu said:

The true story is, the uncertainty surrounding Tamblings fitness &/ or concerns with back/ hamstring issues, means the price of pick #4 in the 2004 Nat. Draft is diminishing rapidly.

So what are you saying Skills, the recruiters at the club knew all along that Tambling was a liability and picked him up, knowing that he'll have a career being interrupted by injury, or do you think Tambling is doing this on purpose? :scold

geoffryprettyboy said:
Skills said:
TIGEREXTRA said:
skiptomystu said:

So what are you saying Skills, the recruiters at the club knew all along that Tambling was a liability and picked him up, knowing that he'll have a career being interrupted by injury, or do you think Tambling is doing this on purpose? :scold

For god sake guys give the kid a break. He's trying his best, he has skill, speed and desire. He's having some problems with injuries at the moment which is really sad. If he can get right I have NO doubt he will be fantastic for us. Who give a stuff who Hawthorn did or did not pick, they are irrelevant in EVERY sense of the word. Why does anyone care about Franklin? Does he paly for us? NO = boring.

Lets just concentrate on helping Tambo get it together.

It seems Tambling is very prone to soft tissues injuries.   :help

The question being "will he ever get this right and what is RFC doing to manage this?"  :eek:

Lets not just right the boy off yet ,no body has actuall prof of what he has done.He may have a twinge totally non related to previous injuries,Yes he had a bad injury year last year but it wasnt just Hamstrings.At worst he may miss 4 weeks but may never do one again, lets not panic just yet this kid has been burning up on the track.Harts did a couple of Hammys last year too and hasnt had a worry this pre season with them though he did have a quad problem that he got over quick.

Leysy Days said:
Realist Man, if you come on a RFC site & make absol outlandish claims that V average/workmanlike players like Chance Bateman, Cambell Brown & Michael Osborne  are as good as Coughlan then you have got to expect to be laughed at & be prepared to cop a barreling..................Geez I really wonder what Opp supporters expect when they say these ridiculous things.

Other than that you put forward a reasonable arguement & time will tell.

Oh did he mean Coughlan.  I was still trying to work out who Cougland was. :rofl :rofl :rotfl

I hope tambling does get it together becuse I want to watch this centre line

Tambling...Deledio...Oakleys

better get a good freeze frame DVD-R   :hihi

TIGEREXTRA said:
skiptomystu said:

He didn't train with the main group at Vic Park, but trained at Punt Road. Whether that means he just did weights or stretches I don't know.

skiptomystu said:
TIGEREXTRA said:
skiptomystu said:

He didn't train with the main group at Vic Park, but trained at Punt Road. Whether that means he just did weights or stretches I don't know.

Ok, thanks.

For mine the dissapointing thing is that he is having a interupted preseason.

Yeah it's just a real shame. I hope he doesn't turn into a Mark Merenda or Dean Rioli, loads of talent but can't get on the park consistently.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Skills said:
TIGEREXTRA said:
skiptomystu said:

So what are you saying Skills, the  recruiters at the club knew all along that Tambling was a liability and picked him up, knowing that he'll have a career being interrupted by injury, or do you think Tambling is doing this on purpose?  :scold

Absolutely not geoffrey...The point I'm making is very clear...In 12 months, Tambling's ongoing fitness concerns due to niggling injuries, has been a very hot topic on PRE.
This guy has received his fair share of rehabilitation, yet, despite all these efforts, the boy cant seem to get past 1st base.
Tambling's injury concerns are putting more pressure on the Tigers, cause they simply dont want this guy playing in the VFL. However, with so many stop-start situations, the club has no choice. Yet, when he finally gets the opportunity back, another injury unfolds.

Now you can call me pessimistic, but according to the "like-warm" theory on Aboriginal Footballers, Tambling appears to be possessed by the devil.

LidsandBling said:
we will regret not taking franklin

No regrets!!!! Tambo will be fine, and if he isn't then that's just the way it is. Franklin will be whatever Franklin will be and quite frankly I couldn't care less. ::) Frankly I can't see why you guys care either. Let Franklin be Hawthorn's problem. If he does a knee next week how many of you guys will be wishing we took him. You'll all be off his band wagon saying "urrr we should have taken Jordan Lewis or John Meeson urrr". Stop living in the past. I am so looking forward to two years time when Tambos an absolute champion and if he isn't, well boo hoo. I'll be sorry for the boy because I think he deserves better.

RROFO said:
LidsandBling said:
we will regret not taking franklin

No regrets!!!! Tambo will be fine, and if he isn't then that's just the way it is. Franklin will be whatever Franklin will be and quite frankly I couldn't care less. ::) Frankly I can't see why you guys care either. Let Franklin be Hawthorn's problem. If he does a knee next week how many of you guys will be wishing we took him. You'll all be off his band wagon saying "urrr we should have taken Jordan Lewis or John Meeson urrr". Stop living in the past. I am so looking forward to two years time when Tambos an absolute champion and if he isn't, well boo hoo. I'll be sorry for the boy because I think he deserves better.

i am just being realistic in stating that at this moment we look like we have drafted an injury prone skinny kid who played some good junior footy and looked like could be anything. at the end of the 04 season and even now we are ldesperately lacking in kpp forwards. franklin reminds me of a very young richo. he will end up a very fine kpp forward. mark my words.

if you are not the slightest bit dissapointed by the injuries ritchie has had so far in his short career than you should be.

i would like nothing more than this to be a short term thing and he gets fit and comes along like we all know he should but im sorry to say at this point in time we drafted a big problem.

I'm with you RROFO, so Richie is behind Franklin after one year..............big deal. I'll be happy to say in 5 years that we should have taken Franklin if Tambo is no good, but if he does come good some people on here might have to eat their words.