Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

Japantiger said:
Yes getting rid of TAC was a good move but his lack of following team/club rules spoke volumes. He owed us his blood, instead we got a part time player.

Who drew first blood?

Japantiger said:
Hah? Other than the fact that every other player of his caliber drafted in the same year is actually playing good footy. One must ask how little do you expect? One of the problems at Richmond is 1/2 arsed has been good enough for far too long. If he doesn't want to stand up and that's exactly what he did today show him the door and get a player that is willing to put it all on the line.

I do NOT expect him to get one kick, and have just posted saying he should be dropped for his extremely poor and disappointing effort today, and going by how Wallace stuck him on the bench, even when we were 6, 7, 8 goals down....I think he will be dropped and deservedly so.
But I think Bling is always going to be a "flash" player...you'll get a great game out of him, or maybe a couple of good games in a row, with a few crap ones.
I'm still willing to be patient with Bling, however we won't want to see too many efforts like todays, thats all.

I posted this before, might explain better what type of player I think Bling will be, at his best:

Liverpool said:
I don't know what everyone is getting so upset over Tambling for? ???

What we see is exactly what we should expect, because that is the type of player he is.
You're all trying to make Bling into a player he isn't.

He is our version of Daniel Wells....our version of Leon Davis.....our version of Eddie Betts....our version of Aaron Davey...our version of Xavier Clarke....our version of (the Bulldog version) of Jason Akermanis....and dare I say it, our version of Lance Franklin.

All these players (including Bling) dazzle us with brilliance one minute, and frustrate us the next.....they have one brilliant game, and then are hardly sighted the next.....they run and tackle from behind with a fantastic chase, and then switch into 'lazy mode' for a quarter or two.

These players are the "X" factor.....and they will never be consistently good, nor consistently bad.

If people here think Bling is the next Kerr and Judd rolled into one, then its not going to happen...if they think he is going to win a Brownlow, its not going to happen...if they think he'll kick 50+ goals in a season, its not going to happen...if they think he'll gather 25+ possessions a few games in a row, it probably won't ever happen.

....but what WILL happen, is that he'll win us our fair share of games over the journey, with one sublime run through the middle, or one unbelievable snap from the boundary with a minute left on the clock, or that one chase and tackle when trying to defend a lead.
He might not be sighted for the other 85 minutes of the match...yet in only 10 seconds, he could be a matchwinner.

That's what we should expect from Bling......so everyone should calm down, get off his back, and realise that what we see from Bling is what we'll most likely get for the next 10 years.
Sure, we expect him to chase and TRY, but you'll never get consistency from this type of player.

Now was he worth a high draft pick.....well....it depends what type of player you want in the team I guess...

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling is a show pony in one of those suburban circus' that come around every 6 months.
....and Howat is it's attendant with the mullet ,desert boots and acid wash stretch jeans.

benny_furs said:
Tambling will still be a superstar, he will be our best youngster.

Deledio had 6 possies earlier in the year too and bounced back with the best month of his career.
Deledio's a class above Tambling

I posted last week that he should not have played today, so bad was his game last week. To put in that sort of effort today was just a disgrace. Seriously, if that's what we are going to get from our no4 pick then we should trade him at season's end while he still has value.

I am not trying to defend his very poor game today but how much game time did Tambling actually have? Was he given a chance to perform or was he put under the pump early by TW.

I blame the club. Every scout who saw this kid as a junior said he would be a gun. We have not facilitated his development. I feel sorry for him.

maverick said:
I blame the club. Every scout who saw this kid as a junior said he would be a gun. We have not facilitated his development. I feel sorry for him.

I concur 100%. Everyone said it was lids and bling as 1 and 2 in that draft. We didn't stuff up drafting him, we just haven't given him the right guidance in his development. I feel we're being too soft on him, and not making him work hard enough. I'd be interested to see this guy "gut run" for a couple of hours and made to work through the pain, then have someone tell him he needs to feel that every quarter, every match, every year.

maverick said:

And ofcourse Richmond fell for it and picked him, just like they did with Ottens. If there is a boom on a player Richmond will come calling even if that player is not the player we need. We needed KPP's desperately and we go for a guy who's fast.

mainlandy said:
maverick said:

And ofcourse Richmond fell for it and picked him, just like they did with Ottens. If there is a boom on a player Richmond will come calling even if that player is not the player we need. We needed KPP's desperately and we go for a guy who's fast.

We needed then as we still need now better players at every single position on the field. Take the best available.

DirtyDogTiger said:
tannerztigers said:
One kick today :help
he played did he? I didn't see him on the telly

You didn't? He was the one snorting lines of chalk dust from the Southern stand wing boundary waving at the kiddies as every one else worked for their money, or at least tried!!

Trade him while he's at least worth something.

Trade him to Port for that Rodan guy - now he's a silky-skilled little bloke...

:angel:

Ms Tantie.
xox

drop him to coburg seconds. the firsts are trying to win a flag.

Play him in the forward line at the feet of Schulz, then we'll have two skeletons covered in cob webs at Full Forward.....