Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

Col.W.Kurtz said:
jackfrost said:
That's why I think it's in both parties "Best Interest" to cut-the-cord now whilst he is still of some value , let's get some Big , experienced Bodies, they don't have to Gun's , just Hard-Nut's , and see where that leads us. Youngun's aren't gonna help , 50 gamer's with good size is what we need , so what's to lose, it's not like we could go any worse.

That strategy would get us straight back to 9th, where we belong :-\

Serious question, if Bling had been a 3rd round draft pick would we be okay with his 3 year contract?

I agree Colonel , that would get us back to mediocre ( 9th -12th ) , that's a realistic goal considering how far we have fallin' in ONE season.

I'd be OK with that kind of performance in 2008 , anything beyond in my opinion would be wishful thinking , and we know where that has got us in the last 25 years ( 3 ? Finals Cameo's I believe).

"Gotta Walk before you can Run" , Mate.

As for the 3 year extension (I'm assuming that's what you mean) that he was just signed too , couldn't care less if he was a 1 , 3 , 4 or 10 th Rd , that's irrelevant in my opinion , all that matter's to me is "Can he play and contribute , week in , week out , doesn't have to be BOG every week , doesn't even have to be in the "Best" every week , but he MUST show a Willingness to do the "Team Things" when having "One of those Day's".

That's one of the Beauties of this Game of our's ...............just because your not getting a kick , a handball , a mark , doesn't mean "Jack" , there's alway's that shephard , smother , tackle , knock-on , that contributes and in many way's can be more uplifting to a Team than those Glamour Stat's that in Today's Game are totally meaningless anyway.

That's where Bling has failed miserably in my opinion , hasn't shown any abililty to become "Involved in a Contest" if it doesn't mean a Kick , Handball or Mark.

Stamina seems to be a Major issue also , definetly doesn't fit into the category of "Stayer" and in this Day and Age that usually means one thing...........A Short stay.

So you think 6 years ( Guaranteed ) is fine to see if a Guy has "What it takes" ????........................Not me Col. , that gives them way to much leverage to just Go through the Motions in my opinion.

Max. 3 for a 19 year old , maybe cut some slack for an 18 year old and go to 4. After that , cut your loses .................Don't be to proud to admit to a mistake , happens to the best of us.

Good chattin' with Ya Col. .............

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Im sure even Tambo would appreciate to be led by example.Thats where the problem with Tambling lies.Not the kid himself

Well said CptJonno.

It makes me sick the way people on here are attacking Tambling.

Yes - he was terrible yesterday
Yes - he sometimes looks like he skirts around packs.
And Yes - he definitely should go back to Coburg next week.

But - the hysteria on here surrounding him is bordering on ridiculous.

The reason he was given a 3 year contract extension is simple - he has more tools to work with than most on our list. Its up to our coaching staff to get the best out of him.

He is no Fiora (how insulting). And no Franklin either for that matter - but who is??

Leave the kid alone.

jackfrost said:
Col.W.Kurtz said:
jackfrost said:
That's why I think it's in both parties "Best Interest" to cut-the-cord now whilst he is still of some value , let's get some Big , experienced Bodies, they don't have to Gun's , just Hard-Nut's , and see where that leads us. Youngun's aren't gonna help , 50 gamer's with good size is what we need , so what's to lose, it's not like we could go any worse.

That strategy would get us straight back to 9th, where we belong :-\

Serious question, if Bling had been a 3rd round draft pick would we be okay with his 3 year contract?

I agree Colonel , that would get us back to mediocre ( 9th -12th ) , that's a realistic goal considering how far we have fallin' in ONE season.

Max. 3 for a 19 year old , maybe cut some slack for an 18 year old and go to 4. After that , cut your loses .................Don't be to proud to admit to a mistake , happens to the best of us.

I agree 9th looks good from 16th, but a quick fix would mean that is where we would level out, again

3 years was a generous extension, but he has still shown enough in flashes that you would definitely keep him on the list for at least two more years. Bling’s problem is expectation vs. performance. Plenty of people softer than Bling at his age have played 200 games.

It was good to talk to you too.

Tigers of Old said:
Not his best game yesterday.

It was terrible. So bad it makes me wonder if the pressure of the Bling vs. Buddy debate affected him.

But he has played some decent games this year.

Macca68 said:
He is no Fiora (how insulting).

It is quite insulting to Fiora to compare the 2. He would do well to reach Fiora's level. Fiora has bucket loads more football smarts than Tambung.

My patience has been tested this week but I won't be giving up on the boy just yet. Reminds me a lot of TJ of the Dees, slow starter and very very patchy but eventually put it together (forgetting this season).

Harry said:
Macca68 said:

It is quite insulting to Fiora to compare the 2. He would do well to reach Fiora's level. Fiora has bucket loads more football smarts than Tambung.

Tambling is well ahead of where Fiora was at the same stage of his career.

For those that remember. Out of Krak and Bling, who showed more, and put in better performances in their first 3 years ?

cagedtiger said:
Harry said:
Macca68 said:

Tambling is well ahead of where Fiora was at the same stage of his career.

How do you figure?

I got this line from an article in The Age today...

"Richard Tambling, sat out much of the last term in a clearly disgruntled state of mind and, according to Wallace, will be spoken with during the week. His immediate future is in question."

Great, now he's developing an attitude problem... I don't know what to make of this really.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/wallace-hoping-theres-a-twist-in-the-tail/2007/07/15/1184438150897.html?page=2

I dont think I have a read such Bull *smile* analizing about a kid in my life,the amount of drivel an crap on this thread is amazing on theories why this kid is not reaching expectations.

I understand, like all the dissapointment in him at this stage but he has shown an done some terrific things an too think he cant read play has know vision is ludicris he has a very very simple problem which Im sure most hope he can fix an that is he needs to WORK HARDER Its not rocket science,it dosent need any big words or any conspiracy theories he just to bust his ass an it will all change for the better

CC TIGER said:
I dont think I have a read such Bull sh!t analizing about a kid in my life,the amount of drivel an crap on this thread is amazing on theories why this kid is not reaching expectations.

Have to agree CC.
The amount of negative scrutiny Tambling cops from Richmond supporters is astounding.
As if it's helping the kid?

Tigers of Old said:
Have to agree CC.
The amount of negative scrutiny Tambling cops from Richmond supporters is astounding.
It won't be helping, but he doesn't need to do too much to get most of his back and buy time. Ideally run hard and chase. I'm not sure I've ever seen tambling huffing and puffing during a match. Surely he's not that superfit.

Most tigers supporters want him to be good and will be prepared to wait a year or two before he's at his peak. but he's got to show at least glimpses that he wants to be out there.

Tigers of Old said:
CC TIGER said:
I dont think I have a read such Bull sh!t analizing about a kid in my life,the amount of drivel an crap on this thread is amazing on theories why this kid is not reaching expectations.

Have to agree CC.

The amount of weak performances us Richmond supporters have to put up with is even more astounding.

CC TIGER said:

I understand, like all the dissapointment in him at this stage but he has shown an done some terrific things an too think he cant read play has know vision is ludicris he has a very very simple problem which Im sure most hope he can fix an that is he needs to WORK HARDER Its not rocket science,it dosent need any big words or any conspiracy theories he just to bust his ass an it will all change for the better

Agree,good post & well said Country Creams.

Harry said:
The amount of weak performances us Richmond supporters have to put up with is even more astounding.

So the kid had a bad game. Big *smile*ing deal. He had plenty of mates.
How about sharing some of your hate instead of firing all your anger at a 20yr old kid. :mad:

I sit near the bench and at one point, I am sure I saw him come off and sit on the bench and at first refuse to talk on the phone (to the coach). Did anyone else see this? He will be at Coburg next week.
Molly

Tigers of Old said:
Harry said:

So the kid had a bad game. Big *smile*ing deal. He had plenty of mates.
How about sharing some of your hate instead of firing all your anger at a 20yr old kid. :mad:

Majority of his games are bad. If he doesn't want to be here and doesn't want to do what he's paid to do then he should be shown the door.

LMAO at sharing some of the hate - you obviously haven't read my posts.

He doesn't give a stuff. He gets gifted games and a handsome paycheck. This should make all loyal fans angry.