Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

geoffryprettyboy said:
4 Handballs

At least two of those were dinky little handpasses to a player almost within touching distance, as pointed out by our old adversary Turbo Hawk.

Agree with others, on face value there's no way he should be getting a game next week.

He looked like he had no energy. Must have had the flu or something.

Didn't get out of first gear and got carved up by Birchall.

I have defended him all year but today was shocking.

Into his 3rd year & i can only think of 1 game of over 20 possessions! Not good enough

Mind was definitely not on the job. I'm not taking the p!ss but maybe there's something going on in his private life. Regardless, he was woeful today.

We will still be paying this duds contract when he ends back at Darwin in 2 years!!!
Another Marty McGrath!!!

Silent Bob said:
Mind was definitely not on the job. I'm not taking the p!ss but maybe there's something going on in his private life. Regardless, he was woeful today.
Back to Coburg & then hopefully a good pre season & good 2008.

Should be dropped back in 2's for a spell to get some confidence and to send him a message he isn't a walk up start to the seniors.

Dropped. And don't come back until you decide you want to be a senior AFL footballer. One who will run and work hard all day, regardless of whether we have the ball or the opposition has the ball. Highly disappointing season - we should have got more from a player selected so high in the draft.

Again the question has to be asked - why can't our club develop talent as quickly as every other club in the competition. Either the talent is no good to start with (and there's plenty of evidence of that) or the coaching is no good (and there's also plenty of evidence of that).

Lets trade him, three years and all we hear is he's just around the corner or he needs to stand up and be counted. Well I am sorry, this kid does not have the passion or the work ethic to contribute to the success of the team.

He was running around on about 2% today. He told the story 5 minutes into the first quarter when he REFUSED to chase a player no more than 3 meters away southern side wing, instead he preferred to have the defender teammate do a 100 meter chase 10 meters to the rear of the player with the ball. Even the defender paused in his chase because he expected Tam to take up the chase. Instead he chose to sniff daisy's.

He has had 1 quarter of football this year where he kicked 4 goals. That's one quarter in 52. I am sorry but that is a *smile* return by anyones standards. Lets trade for a player that wants to play, maybe another King?

My other trade bait: Shiltz- he should have been dismissed when he cost us our sponsor, since then he's done nothing. Hall, Moore, Hartigan, Bowden (lots of possessions but what does he really do with them? Only plays well when contract is up. And unless he pulls up his socks Tuck- absolutely a player devoid of form at the moment, a shell of the player he was when he looked like a real gun!!!

People are very ropable. My faith lies with Miller for signing him for 3 years and Wallace's words are still ringing in my ears, and pigs will eventually fly.

diggler said:
We will still be paying this duds contract when he ends back at Darwin in 2 years!!!
Another Marty McGrath!!!

Yes will be at the Mellville Island Jellyfish in 2 years the way he is going.
The Free Ride is over. 3 years to provide us with something and all he has provided has been in fits and starts. Enough is enough.

Liverpool said:
TIGEREXTRA said:
Some may say its unfair to compare but it's definately the Tambling V Franklin show on sunday.
Cant wait to see it.

Unfair to compare is an understatement.

Totally different players, who play in totally different positions, for totally different teams, in totally different positions on the ladder, with totally different motivations to win this weekend.

If Bling kicks 2 goals....does that mean Franklin has to kick 3 to be adjudicated the 'winner', and the anti-Blin thread goes for another 1,234 pages?
If Bling gathers 20 possies and Franklin 15....is Bling the winner?

It's ridiculous.

We never compared Fiora and Pavlich.....or Pettifer and Kerr...so I don't understand why we are putting pressure on our own player to outdo a certain other individual player.

I don't care whether Bling has 5 possies....and Franklin kicks 5 goals.....as long as THE TIGERS win.
That is all that counts this weekend....not the Bling.v.Buddy show...who is the best showdown.

Gee, I wasn't too far off the mark with that comment.......only the wrong team won! :-\

I have been a supporter of Bling, in that he is a player that I think as supporters, we are asking too much of.
he isn't the type of player that we THINK he should be.

However, todays performance is inexcusable, and he deserves to be dropped.

Japantiger said:
My other trade bait: Shiltz- he should have been dismissed when he cost us our sponsor, since then he's done nothing.

Agree he's struggling to hold his place on the list. But costing us the TAC sponsorship is the most positive thing he's done for the club!

Atha Klasso said:
diggler said:
Another Marty McGrath!!!

Yes will be at the Mellville Island Jellyfish in 2 years the way he is going.
The Free Ride is over. 3 years to provide us with something and all he has provided has been in fits and starts. Enough is enough.

There's more money in turtles Mr Klasso :hihi

I have been a supporter of Bling, in that he is a player that I think as supporters, we are asking too much of.
he isn't the type of player that we THINK he should be.

Hah? Other than the fact that every other player of his caliber drafted in the same year is actually playing good footy. One must ask how little do you expect? One of the problems at Richmond is 1/2 arsed has been good enough for far too long. If he doesn't want to stand up and that's exactly what he did today show him the door and get a player that is willing to put it all on the line.

Yes getting rid of TAC was a good move but his lack of following team/club rules spoke volumes. He owed us his blood, instead we got a part time player.