Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

Another dissapointing game from Bung again.

He is a real worry.

But on the other hand, would any other player bust a gut, or put his body on the line when they are gifted games and know that they will definately get a game next week regardless?

First class passanger and loving the ride.

Begs to differ.Last night he actually showed what he,s capable of amongst traffic.

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Begs to differ.Last night he actually showed what he,s capable of amongst traffic.

Are you serious?

What did he do in traffic? All he did was get the ball a few times and duck, weave, side step with no purpose and awareness until he got tackled. He was like a chook with it's head cut off.

Liverpool said:
He is our version of Daniel Wells....our version of Leon Davis.....our version of Eddie Betts....our version of Aaron Davey...our version of Xavier Clarke....our version of (the Bulldog version) of Jason Akermanis....and dare I say it, our version of Lance Franklin.

All these players (including Bling) dazzle us with brilliance one minute, and frustrate us the next.....they have one brilliant game, and then are hardly sighted the next.....they run and tackle from behind with a fantastic chase, and then switch into 'lazy mode' for a quarter or two.

These players are the "X" factor.....and they will never be consistently good, nor consistently bad.

I'd love to see Bling run and tackle from behind like the players you've mentioned.

And I think you're being unfair about the consistency of these players.

Agree Skipper. Ridiculous expectations placed on the kid. Yes, he missed a sitter in the third, but other than that, I thought he showed some good work in traffic.

It seems a tad hypocritical to have had a public witch hunt for one person for not exactly supporting Richie when so many others are willing to sink their boots into him as well. ;)

Richie is a young kid and very immature in football terms. None of us know how he'll develop but it wouldn't hurt to get behind him instead of writing him off so early in his career. He's not meant to be carrying the team just yet, and has had plenty of company this year in the "players we'd like to see dominate games even though their not ready yet" stakes.

Instant champions are few and far between and it's a rare kid who can't learn by experience. ;)

Harry said:
Are you serious?

What did he do in traffic? All he did was get the ball a few times and duck, weave, side step with no purpose and awareness until he got tackled. He was like a chook with it's head cut off.
Least he was trying to create something out of nothing.Poor kid cant win either way.If he sat back and waited for someone else to do it he,d be ripped as well ::)

his problem last night was his ball watching. wells got away from him far to easy, which cost us 2 goals at the start of the third quarter. he is getting better but still a long way to go to reach his potential

Harry said:
Are you serious?

Least he was trying to create something out of nothing.Poor kid cant win either way.If he sat back and waited for someone else to do it he,d be ripped as well ::)

He can't win?

I'll tell you how he can win. He needs to go back to Coburg and PROVE that he's a half decent player instead of being the flavour of the month and be gifted games every week when he's been dissapointing. He needs to be treated like any other "kid" on our list, and in the league. TW and the selection committee are as much to blame.

He ball watches, and when he gets the ball he doesn't know what to do with it. He doesn't chase and doesn't put his body on the line. He is the type of player we don't need going forward. If we want to improve as a club we have to be fair dinkum and reward kids on effort and performance, not on draft selection. We also have to grant contract extensions to those players who deserve them. We don't seem to learn from our mistakes from the past.

Meyer would have performed better if he was given a free ride like Bung has.

You want to drop Bling for Meyer? :help

There's no one seriously knocking on the door at Coburg. Bling's safe, with plenty others facing the chop before him.

Harry said:
Harry said:
Are you serious?

He can't win?

I'll tell you how he can win. He needs to go back to Coburg and PROVE that he's a half decent player instead of being the flavour of the month and be gifted games every week when he's been dissapointing. He needs to be treated like any other "kid" on our list, and in the league. TW and the selection committee are as much to blame.

He ball watches, and when he gets the ball he doesn't know what to do with it. He doesn't chase and doesn't put his body on the line. He is the type of player we don't need going forward. If we want to improve as a club we have to be fair dinkum and reward kids on effort and performance, not on draft selection. We also have to grant contract extensions to those players who deserve them. We don't seem to learn from our mistakes from the past.

Meyer would have performed better if he was given a free ride like Bung has.
I agree he should be sent back to Coburg or maybe its to late.If you havnt noticed Harry when it comes to run and chase Richie isnt the only culprit.In fact 95% of the side is gulty of the samething.So perhaps your right he should go back to Coburg and just do a Meyer at that level

Liverpool said:
I don't know what everyone is getting so upset over Tambling for? ???

What we see is exactly what we should expect, because that is the type of player he is.
You're all trying to make Bling into a player he isn't.....
Good post.well said.agree.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
You want to drop Bling for Meyer? :help

There's no one seriously knocking on the door at Coburg. Bling's safe, with plenty others facing the chop before him.

Meyer would have done as much if given the same game time. If not more. Both don't deserve games however.

Hartigan and Connors deserve a game ahead of Tambling. Coburg players such as Neville are more deserving of a game than him.

Harry said:
[
Meyer would have done as much if given the same game time. If not more. Both don't deserve games however.
Doubt it.

Tambling had 18 touches in whats been labelled a horrific game.I could only dream Meyer could play so horribly,even in the magoos.

8.8 Kicks Per Game
4.5 Handballs Per Game
13.3 Disposals Per Game
4.5 Marks Per Game
1.1 Goals Per Game
0.5 Behinds Per Game
2.6 Tackles Per Game
0.5 Hitouts Per Game
0.8 Frees For Per Game
0.2 Frees Against Per Game

Blings stats for 2007.

Lidsand said:
gee, theres some sh!t talkers around here
Beautifully succincted there, L& :clap :hihi

Tigers of Old said:
Harry said:
He was like a chook with it's head cut off.

Aah the irony.

Needs to work harder but I thought he did some good things last night.
Far from our worst.

Old Blinger did frustrate me at time last night trotting along, but then he did some stuff that makes your mouth water. He showed some signs in traffic that suggest he will be very very good if he uses those skills a little more often.

He has a lot going for him he just needs to work harder defensively IMHO. Just lets his man get lost in traffic a bit too at times as happened with WELLS last night who turned around and hurt us a couple of times, but reckon Wallace set Bling a task last night with a lesson to be learned.

I thnk we all tend to expect to much from him at times.