Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

structures said:
Rockster said:
lets not get too negative regarding Blingster GPB as you might upset the narrow minded tunnel visioned naitives . Surely there must be some positives to his ability , thus the new 3 year contract extension ....
most tiger supporter's are with gpb on this plain and simple.
Can you point me to the Tiger poll please? 30,000 paid supporters out there, I reckon you might just be wrong. But how do we know?

GoodOne said:
Can you point me to the Tiger poll please? 30,000 paid supporters out there, I reckon you might just be wrong. But how do we know?

Now, now, let's not get technical because it hurts my head.

The replay of the game never lies. ;) :rofl

geoffryprettyboy said:
GoodOne said:

Now, now, let's not get technical because it hurts my head.

The replay of the game never lies. ;) :rofl

Was it at half time? I checked the replay and couldnt see any signs of a poll whatoever.

structures said:
Rockster said:
lets not get too negative regarding Blingster GPB as you might upset the narrow minded tunnel visioned naitives . Surely there must be some positives to his ability , thus the new 3 year contract extension ....
most tiger supporter's are with gpb on this plain and simple.

I guess I'm not one of the most then. ;)

I think he shows promise, as with Deledio's first half last week, we don't know what the coaches instructions to him were. If he remains in the team, then he must be performing his role to their satisfaction. All part of the learning curve.

geoffryprettyboy said:
With all the deletions I expect a certain trouble maker to be BANNED.

Were you referring to yourself geoffry? ;)

tigers80 said:
wont make it....he just isnt up to it....lazy unaccountable....he just doesnt have it.....nearly the end of 3 years and has not made an impression at all....

i wouldnt have signed him up i WOULD have traded the lazy ass.

the truth is sometimes hard to swallow but i agree 100% ,

Rockster said:
tigers80 said:
wont make it....he just isnt up to it....lazy unaccountable....he just doesnt have it.....nearly the end of 3 years and has not made an impression at all....

i wouldnt have signed him up i WOULD have traded the lazy ass.

the truth is sometimes hard to swallow but i agree 100% ,

don't confuse truth and opinion.

rosy23 said:
geoffryprettyboy said:
With all the deletions I expect a certain trouble maker to be BANNED.

Were you referring to yourself geoffry?  ;)

Absolutely not, I have no reason to be banned and stay well inside our guidelines.

I think the blood hounds have taken a wrong turn. ;)

If someone can please post the game day stats somewhere, that would be greatly appreciated. A link would be great.

I reckon blings got talant but needs to really beef up to feel confedent and aggressive enough to compete, as a star, at an ELITE level.

He can be creative offensively but there's no desperation when he doesn't have the ball. After he missed that goal at the start of the third the ball came out to where I was sitting. it spilled loose near Richie and a North player. The North player went for it but Richie zzzzzoned off even though he was only a few metres away and could have locked it up. The ball was fed out to Wells who ran with it and delivered inside 50 while Richie jogged along behind.

That was just one case where Richie didn't chase.

Richie has some talent but he needs to do become more desperate and do more of the 1 percenters.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
He can be creative offensively but there's no desperation when he doesn't have the ball. After he missed that goal at the start of the third the ball came out to where I was sitting. it spilled loose near Richie and a North player. The North player went for it but Richie zzzzzoned off even though he was only a few metres away and could have locked it up. The ball was fed out to Wells who ran with it and delivered inside 50 while Richie jogged along behind.

That was just one case where Richie didn't chase.

Richie has some talent but he needs to do become more desperate and do more of the 1 percenters.

My thoughts exactly, I was yelling out chase him you lazy bugger. Has some skill & did some very clever things today, yet he does not have the desperation when the opposition have the ball. That was his main query when he was recruited if I remember rightly, that he has no defensive game & you cant afford not to have it these days.

he worked his arse off tonight and did lots off good things in close. run hard to space and found plenty of space. but like the rest of the team he couldn't hit a target tonight

Coburg please. This has been coming for a while. That missed goal at the start of the 3rd quarter was inexcusable.

diggler said:
Our worst 1st round pick since Lounder!!!
Skinny runts dont win you flags!!!!
I shudder to think who is the next dud they will draft come November!!!

C'mon Diggles , "Fair suck of the Sav", from what I remember "Hungry" wasn't exactly built like Mr Universe.

Just picturing a "muscular" KB..................... :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl..............with a Toupe also.

mainlandy said:
Coburg please. This has been coming for a while. That missed goal at the start of the 3rd quarter was inexcusable.

His kicking style is a real worry. The way he drops the ball onto his boot. It has too much opportunity to land awkwardly and fly off the side. He needs to be coached on kicking urgently. Problem is, do we have anyone that can do it?

mainlandy said:
So where do you send Richo?

Is he up to original expectation?NO has he improved this year? YES .Did he do some nice things?YES.Did he do some stuff ups ?Yes

Spoke to so many knowledable football peolpe about him an most still believe he is going to be a very good player but not one seems to think he will be the star everyone thought he would be

I don't know what everyone is getting so upset over Tambling for? ???

What we see is exactly what we should expect, because that is the type of player he is.
You're all trying to make Bling into a player he isn't.

He is our version of Daniel Wells....our version of Leon Davis.....our version of Eddie Betts....our version of Aaron Davey...our version of Xavier Clarke....our version of (the Bulldog version) of Jason Akermanis....and dare I say it, our version of Lance Franklin.

All these players (including Bling) dazzle us with brilliance one minute, and frustrate us the next.....they have one brilliant game, and then are hardly sighted the next.....they run and tackle from behind with a fantastic chase, and then switch into 'lazy mode' for a quarter or two.

These players are the "X" factor.....and they will never be consistently good, nor consistently bad.

If people here think Bling is the next Kerr and Judd rolled into one, then its not going to happen...if they think he is going to win a Brownlow, its not going to happen...if they think he'll kick 50+ goals in a season, its not going to happen...if they think he'll gather 25+ possessions a few games in a row, it probably won't ever happen.

....but what WILL happen, is that he'll win us our fair share of games over the journey, with one sublime run through the middle, or one unbelievable snap from the boundary with a minute left on the clock, or that one chase and tackle when trying to defend a lead.
He might not be sighted for the other 85 minutes of the match...yet in only 10 seconds, he could be a matchwinner.

That's what we should expect from Bling......so everyone should calm down, get off his back, and realise that what we see from Bling is what we'll most likely get for the next 10 years.
Sure, we expect him to chase and TRY, but you'll never get consistency from this type of player.

Now was he worth a high draft pick.....well....it depends what type of player you want in the team I guess...