Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

I actually watched the replay of the game the other day and given that Tambling played a fair part of the night in defense I have to adjust my take on his game a bit. I was a bit overly critical of him being lazy at time, but in retrospect his game wasn't actually that bad. He did some very good things. But still needs to work hard to make the contest at times, but as someone else said I think we all have expectations which may tend to be a little over the top at times.

Turbo,
You obviously don't watch Coburg, which you'd need to if you wanted to see Meyer these days.
He does not run fast and kick helicopters, as you describe.
Mate, don't make crap up.
Only speak about what you know something about.
If you go for Hawthorn, as many here have accused you of, good on you, they are looking good.
Just admit it.
And if you go for Richmond, why do you keep on pushing up the Hawthorn recruiting over the last few years?
But back onto Meyer.
He's not slow, but certainly not "fast".
And all of his kicks he gets at Coburg are good, and accurate. Certainly not helicopter kicks as you describe them. What do you base this on?
His problem is he doesn't get near enough kicks.

Shers said:
You obviously don't watch Coburg, which you'd need to if you wanted to see Meyer these days.
He does not run fast and kick helicopters, as you describe.
He's not slow, but certainly not "fast".
And all of his kicks he gets at Coburg are good, and accurate. Certainly not helicopter kicks as you describe them. What do you base this on?
His problem is he doesn't get near enough kicks.

Gee i must be watching at the wrong time as everytime i watch Coburg Danny Myer dont even get near it , but i agree with you Shers Danny Myer doesnt kick helicopters ... as you need to actually get the ball 1st to be able to kick it either way..
Another player that has plenty of question marks beside his name ....

OK, I thought about how I would like to use my 1000th post and decided it would be good to dedicate it to the Blingster.

IMO one of our most unfairly maligned players ever. Has done some very nice things in his career to date and has a terrific head on his shoulders. I don't believe we will consistently see the best of him until the 2009 season and therefore applaud the club for its vision and its decision for having faith and in giving him another three year contract.

GO RICHIE!

taraba said:
GO RICHIE!

He’s actually already my favourite Tiger not called Richo.

When he kicked 4 in a quarter it’s the most excited I’ve been about a Tiger’s performance in years.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
taraba said:
GO RICHIE!

He’s actually already my favourite Tiger not called Richo.

When he kicked 4 in a quarter it’s the most excited I’ve been about a Tiger’s performance in years.

Reminded me of the great Marty McGrath and look what happened to him!!!
DUD!!!

diggler said:
Col.W.Kurtz said:
taraba said:
GO RICHIE!

He’s actually already my favorite Tiger not called Richo.

Reminded me of the great Marty McGrath and look what happened to him!!!
DUD!!!

only three exclamation marks after the DUD statement and you didn't even suggest to trade him. High praise indeed.

Turbo Tiger said:
I can wear the fact he is an impact player, but impact needs to be a lot more than five minutes here, seven minutes there. Not sure on the stats, but he seems to have a disposal tally in the teens every single week. This is not enough for a midfielder, particularly on that displays little vision in his disposal.
Now, if only he was playing as a midfielder, you may one day be taken seriously.

[Deleted because of unacceptable abuse towards a player.]

Having seen Richie with young Tyson on several occasions I'd say he's a committed and hands on dad. When he talks about his son you can see his eyes light up too. I think being a dad has been a positive influence on Richie.

And the young lad is already honing his ball skills, he was having a ball at Coburg last Sunday :D.

I love the idea that being a bogan is incompatible with playing footy. ;D