Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

Turbo Tiger said:
Zips?

I am not saying this with any malace or joy. It is just what happens every single week!
Which just goes to show that you do NOT watch Richmond games.

Turbo Tiger said:
I take offense at these comments.  I thought we lived a nation that was proud of its efforts to maintain free speech?

While I appreciate your tireless work, this is an un-Australian act...

There are always times and places where certain discussion is welcome/appropriate and others where it's not.  The mods shouldn't be tied up editing posts and discussing people's grievances because of someone's obsession with Hawthorn and if it affects the forum in a negative way it's not welcome.  People know where we stand, and I'm confident I speak for all mods and admins here, and it's their choice whether they oblige or move on.

rosy23 said:
Turbo Tiger said:
I take offense at these comments. I thought we lived a nation that was proud of its efforts to maintain free speech?

There are always times and places where certain discussion is welcome/appropriate and others where it's not. The mods shouldn't be tied up editing posts and discussing people's grievances because of someone's obsession with Hawthorn and if it affects the forum in a negative way it's not welcome. People know where we stand, and I'm confident I speak for all mods and admins here, and it's their choice whether they oblige or move on.

Thank you for this response, I appreciate it. I am a maligned character, but I think some people here value my contributions.

We need to remember, that even some of the great prophets of history had an unpopular message...

Turbo Tiger said:
I take offense at these comments. I thought we lived a nation that was proud of its efforts to maintain free speech?

Turbo's related to Kennett, I tells ya! Rolling out the "un-Australian" chestnut is a standard political ploy to garner public support.

Turbo Tiger said:
Thank you for this response, I appreciate it. I am a maligned character, but I think some people here value my contributions.
We need to remember, that even some of the great prophets of history had an unpopular message...
Yeah, apparently CyberKev, SaveFerris & The Golden really appreciate your contributions. ;)

Turbo Tiger said:
rosy23 said:
Turbo Tiger said:

There are always times and places where certain discussion is welcome/appropriate and others where it's not. The mods shouldn't be tied up editing posts and discussing people's grievances because of someone's obsession with Hawthorn and if it affects the forum in a negative way it's not welcome. People know where we stand, and I'm confident I speak for all mods and admins here, and it's their choice whether they oblige or move on.

my guess is you are as popular on PRE as you are in real life.

can we get back to Bling now?

Turbo Tiger said:
Will he learn footballing vision all of a sudden?

He can't go on handballing the ball to players that are 1.5 metres away. It is a disgrace. His gameplan is built around:
a) easy receive;
b) fast run to poor position; and
c) shortest possible disposal to a player in a poor position.

It is bizarre that we extended his contract. Bewildering...

Did you see the tackle he laid late in the game on Saturday night? How about the strong mark out in front of his face running full tilt from a Deledio pass earlier in the game? And although he was quiet, he used the ball pretty well when he got it wouldn't you say?

And I'll ask you this for the 3rd week running - can you tell me when he handballed to these team mates 1.5 metres away in Saturday night's game, or any of the games from the 2 weeks prior when you've made a similar claim?

Disco08 said:
Turbo Tiger said:
Will he learn footballing vision all of a sudden?

He can't go on handballing the ball to players that are 1.5 metres away. It is a disgrace. His gameplan is built around:
a) easy receive;
b) fast run to poor position; and
c) shortest possible disposal to a player in a poor position.

It is bizarre that we extended his contract. Bewildering...

Did you see the tackle he laid late in the game on Saturday night? How about the strong mark out in front of his face running full tilt from a Deledio pass earlier in the game? And although he was quiet, he used the ball pretty well when he got it wouldn't you say?

And I'll ask you this for the 3rd week running - can you tell me when he handballed to these team mates 1.5 metres away in Saturday night's game, or any of the games from the 2 weeks prior when you've made a similar claim?

That's just the problem with Bling. He can kick a piercing pass to a lead. He can jump high and take a good grab. He is quick and can run down an opponent and make a great tackle. He looks good when he holds the ball in one hand and sprints away. He really does look good at times. BUT the problem is thats about all he is - a show pony. If there was a prize for the best moving and most attractive footballer in flight it would go to him.

The problem here is that he has minimal football smarts, vision, awareness and composure to make it as a good AFL player. This is why he is mostly out of position, second to the ball, and panicky when he gets the ball.

Reminds me of Ashley Prescott. Boy did he look good when he was gracing the field. Moved like a stallion and had the perfect kicking action. But was thicker than a door knob when it came to football smarts. I'm still being patient about Prescott.

Prescott ;D

I don't really see the analogy,but it was funny anyway.

Harry said:
That's just the problem with Bling. He can kick a piercing pass to a lead. He can jump high and take a good grab. He is quick and can run down an opponent and make a great tackle. He looks good when he holds the ball in one hand and sprints away. He really does look good at times. BUT the problem is thats about all he is - a show pony. If there was a prize for the best moving and most attractive footballer in flight it would go to him.

The problem here is that he has minimal football smarts, vision, awareness and composure to make it as a good AFL player. This is why he is mostly out of position, second to the ball, and panicky when he gets the ball.

I agree with the knocks on him not running enough and looking lazy at times. I disagree with the criticism of his vision and awareness. In fact I think the fact that you say he's a good kick in one breath and has low vision in another is contradictory. Passing to a player through traffic or on a long lead with the accuracy he's displayed requires good vision doesn't it?

Harry said:

Reminds me of Ashley Prescott. Boy did he look good when he was gracing the field. Moved like a stallion and had the perfect kicking action. But was thicker than a door knob when it came to football smarts. I'm still being patient about Prescott.

I think we agree on the symptoms, but not the cause. There were a few times on the weekend when he overran a ball in a pack situation because he didn’t put his head over it. That’s not lack of footy smarts, that’s lack of confidence.

Richie just needs to believe in the enormous talent he does have, and maybe get a bit fitter.

Disco08 said:
Harry said:

I agree with the knocks on him not running enough and looking lazy at times. I disagree with the criticism of his vision and awareness. In fact I think the fact that you say he's a good kick in one breath and has low vision in another is contradictory. Passing to a player through traffic or on a long lead with the accuracy he's displayed requires good vision doesn't it?

Good vision is the ability to see things that are not so obvious. The ability to spot a free teamate that's not necessarily leading straight in front of you. Great Vision is seeing things around you that not many others can see.

Knights had great vision.

Disco, I admire your loyalty, because it must be tough to support Bling so strongly given the performances of the other players taken after him in the same draft. But anyway:

Disco08 said:
I agree with the knocks on him not running enough and looking lazy at times. I disagree with the criticism of his vision and awareness.

How can you. He consistently chooses the wrong option. On Saturday I twice saw him kick short to players in trouble. One was Foley, and I can’t remember the other one, because I made a fool of myself cursing!

He has very rarely looked up and his used his skills, which can be very good, to spot a player deeper down the ground who has momentarily slipped his opponent to provide a split second opportunity. This is what good players do, a number of times every game.

Disco08 said:
In fact I think the fact that you say he's a good kick in one breath and has low vision in another is contradictory.

There is no contradiction in this comment at all. Heaps of players over the years have been highly skilled but lacked vision. I can also think of a number of players with middle of the road skills, but excellent decision making ability. Players like Brett Ratten, Terry Wallet (yes, our solarium dwelling coach) and Scott West come to mind. Neither have/had great skills, but they consistently chose options that advantaged their team.

Why all the heat on Tambling is what I want to know.

Where's the 'Deledio can't shake a tag' thread?

Or the 'Where the hell is Danny Meyer?' thread.

Tambling is scrutinized more than most and it stinks IMO.

He's improving no doubt. This season has been far better than his previous two.

Agree with Harry - Tambling has been a major disappointment and it is not clear where the improvement is going to come from. Three years in the system and not one Rising Star nomination speaks volumes for his progress as a footballer. He should look at a tape of Gray (Robert I think) from Port Adelaide to see what natural football ability, desire and putting your body on the line is about.

Also agree with Tigers of Old, why can't our No. 1 draft pick shake a tag? Maybe he should look at a few Nathan Foley tapes to see what it is about.

Tigers of Old said:
Why all the heat on Tambling is what I want to know.

Where's the 'Deledio can't shake a tag' thread?

Or the 'Where the hell is Danny Meyer?' thread.

Tambling is scrutinized more than most and it stinks IMO.

He's improving no doubt. This season has been far better than his previous two.

Sadly Oldie my man i think, that many of tiger fans and many on PRE may have put the cue in the rack re Danny Meyer, possibility Wallace may have too but we'll see in next few weeks.
I have been a huge fan of Meyer and the player he "COULD BE" much in the same way youve been a wrap for Sarge, but sadly the kid is not seemingly doing what is required and to find out the kid is homesick or wants to go back to Adelaide wouldnt surprise me one bit. If this is the case then cut him loose, we dont need to waste more time on guys who arent gonna do the job, let alone who dont want to be at RFC.
I also wouldnt be surprised if there has been talk between the RFC and PAFC and AFC in regards to trying to organise somthing for Danny if this is the case.
There were strong rumors on these threads not long ago that stated that Meyer wants to go home.

The kid has it all and if he goes back to Adelaide he will possibly become a top performer causing heartburn and discontent on PRE but if the kid wants to go then you let them go as they wont perform if they arent happy.

What has been of most interest for me is that the release of those offered new contracts from memory, Hughes, Bling, Cass, McGuane, and Patto i think but no mention of guys such as Meyer especially as well as , Krak, White, Moore, Jacko, P Bowden, Hall, Kingsley, Hyde and Tivs.

Obvious that the delistings will come from this group.