Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

Lets face it, his lack of physicality at senior AFL level - be it receiving or dispensing - is a glaring weakness that is limiting his progression.

We need to get Bowden to have a word to him and see if he cant change his game around like he did, because Bowden suffered from the same dilema before he shook it off and became a much improved player.

If Tambling continues this form for the remainder of the year, he'll be referred to as 'Showbag'.

I just hope he fire's up.

Sorry. "Showbags" has already been assigned to TW. Come up with another. You might like "Bung" instead of "Bling" ?

He's been getting defensive roles to improve his transition to the midfield. Yes it is important to get it but it's equally as important to stop your man from getting it. Look at Jake King last night he was looser than a lustful night in Bangkok.

I think Bling is developing OK - but I have a theory - he loves the heat and struggles in the cold. His best games on warm sunny days - preseason first year - fremantle and West Coast this year. Maybe he should play with a heat pack, sunnys and zinc cream and a hawain shirt under the jumper. Maybe he should have drinks with an umbrella in them at the breaks as well.

Otherwise needs to continue to build up and get some consistency - time will tell.
[/quote]

I have NO IDEA if your being sarcastic or not there "Robbie" but this is the Fuunniest post of the Day by Far.

Bustin' a Gut ..............Gold , Ist Place , Classic whatever ! The thought of a Guy runnin' around the field in Sunny's , with Zinc on the Snoz , sippin' on Pina Colada's has me Cryin' with Laughter.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Thanks for that ...............Now I've got a "Stitch"

Coughlan24 said:
He's been getting defensive roles to improve his transition to the midfield. Yes it is important to get it but it's equally as important to stop your man from getting it. Look at Jake King last night he was looser than a lustful night in Bangkok.

I've made up my mind very early in the season on Jake, he had his hands full by a more experienced *smile* of a player by the name of Milne.

geoffryprettyboy said:
If Tambling continues this form for the remainder of the year, he'll be referred to as 'Showbag'.

I just hope he fire's up.

Hey GPB , does the term "SHOWBAG" still mean "Full of Sh!t" like it did in the 80's when I last heard it ????

(Sorry , they don't have Showbag's over here , what would be the use ..................................Should just re name the country "United States of Showbags"and be done with it.)

Tambling did some good things things last night which are being ignored in this thread.

However
even as his President I can't defend some of his half hearted efforts last night.
When he is not involved in the play his intensity is not as it should be. Nowhere near it IMO.

I don't know what it is but sometimes Richie gives the impression he's just coasting. :-\

As much as it pains me to say, Wallace should drop him next week IMO.
If it's good enough for Schulz Krakouer & Meyer etc.. then it's good enough for our no4 draft pick.

A gentle refocussing is required about now..

I thought it was a very frustrating game. He's good was very very good, but he was soft at times and he didn't get to enough contests. If he and Lids had got 5-6 more possessions we may have won.

Someone should show him a highlights package of his good play, and make him realize that he does have the talent to play inside

jackfrost said:
Hey GPB , does the term "SHOWBAG" still mean "Full of Sh!t" like it did in the 80's when I last heard it ????

(Sorry , they don't have Showbag's over here , what would be the use ..................................Should just re name the country "United States of Showbags"and be done with it.)

Full of sh!t?  No way.  Richard is a very well spoken individual who has plenty of time for the supporters.

I just think he's in the same league as Cleve Hughes.

If both of them could fire up, geeeee, things will change at Tigerland, for the better.

geoffryprettyboy said:
jackfrost said:

Full of sh!t? No way. Richard is a very well spoken individual who has plenty of time for the supporters.

I just think he's in the same league as Cleve Hughes.

If both of them could fire up, geeeee, things will change at Tigerland, for the better.

Okey Doke , just checkin' .................didn't think the lad was that way inclined.

See , that's what happen's when you leave for a second................Words have different meanings.

I hope the Kid can turn it around , I've seen flashes here and there , let's hope he can regain some form soon.

Tambling Man said:
I really rate Tambling's potential but I thought I saw something tonight which for the first time has me worried he might not eventually become an elite player, I reckon he may have "jibbed it" on two occassions. I haven't had a look at the replay yet, and I hope I am mistaken but did anyone else reckon he was a bit soft tonight?

unfortunately i think his soft most weeks i just dont think he will go in and get the hardball. when where playing well his there but when were struggling his no where to be found

gees one bad game and everyone starts panicking....prior to Sat night he has been going fine this year and will continue to improve as he develops physically. Just relax.

Daigoro said:
gees one bad game and everyone starts panicking....prior to Sat night he has been going fine this year and will continue to improve as he develops physically. Just relax.

One bad game!! When is the one good game i.e. 4 Q GAME, gonna come?

geoffryprettyboy said:
I'm finding that Terry is aware of Richard's inabilities and over the last 2 weeks has played him in defence and learn to be accountable for his man and to THINK. I was just wondering whether anyone else has noticed this?

Reckon your spot on here Geoffrey. ToO and I spoke about the same thing last night. Just is not prepared to work hard enough when the ball is not in his hands. Take a note out of Foleys book Bling.

Daigoro said:
Just relax.

I think that's Richie's problem. :sleeping
FWIW Richie is NOT soft. He took some tough marks, made some good tackles and will put his body on the line most times.
I am more concerned about his consistency of effort.

Wallace I hope makes a tape of the half dozen times last night where it was clear Tambling didn't give 100% and tears him a new one.

I was equally as concerned about aspects of Deledio's game. Just completely blanketed(again)..

ToraToraTora said:
Daigoro said:

One bad game!! When is the one good game i.e. 4 Q GAME, gonna come?

when he develops physically and has the endurance to play a solid four quarters, with repeated efforts (something he and Lids both lack) and the size not to be brushed aside.

The reality is Bling is just a skinny kid and has shown definite improvement each year so far and plenty of promising signs - unfortunately because our midfield is so bad our supporters expect him to be a brownlow medallist already.

Tambling was disgraceful last night...jibbed it on 2 occasions...wasn't prepared for pain.
I still believe he will be ok for us. He reminds me of a young Leon Davis...Davis was flash, inconsistent and a bit of a receiver that found the ball 8-10 times in a game. Look at Davis now...still flash but an impact player that works hard to get the pill...and regularly produces some magic.
I have no doubt Tambling will become a better player than Davis.
And yeah...to think Franklin could have been a Tiger :mad:

Personally think Tambling has improved this year probally not as much as I would have liked but on the right track,the good thing I see in him is he takes on players a lot more an dosent fumble any where near as much as he did an also takes some strong marks.

Has to simply work harder an get more of the ball as well as working hard when he dosent have it ,WHEN we get good I can see/hope him becoming a very good weapon.

Just on Lids I dont think there has been a game this year where he hasnt had a tag of some sought.Very ordianry in first half but we cant say he didnt keep working hard in the second half an set up some very good plays in the last qtr trying to get us back in the game,would think his been in our best all bar 3 games this year