Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

geoffryprettyboy said:
All this comparison of Tambling V Franklin is a waste of time, two totally different players by a mile.

I think the better comparison should be Dale Thomas V Ricardo Tambling, now that is much better when it comes to comparisons.

I'll have Dale Thomas in my team at a drop of a hat, the kid plays with guts, does the team things, does not hesitate to put his body on the line, does not stop running AFTER he kicks up the ground. A massive comparison compared to Tambling.

I think a coach has plenty to do with player confidence and their development.

Tambling played an average game against the Dees. His defensive side of his game needs a lot of work.
And a another thing gpb tambling has been in the game a year longer than thomas and has'nt shown anything as good as thomas atm

geoffryprettyboy said:
Wallace rotated 3 players onto Davey on Friday night…

That’s what happens to quality players. No coach bothers with Tambling, they are happy to leave one player on him, as they know:
a) he will never get more that 17 possessions; and
b) when he gets the ball he has zero vision.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling was the worst when it came to playing tight.

The only thing that is more disappointing than his lack of vision is his defensive skills. Utter rubbish…

geoffryprettyboy said:
I'm patient, I not going anywhere.

We all are, but surely this cannot continue much longer. He is giving us nothing at this stage…

Would you like to highlight some of the pieces of play that disappointed you so much on Friday?

RROFO said:
He did some good things. No use throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Pick 4 is expensive bathwater...

Turbo Tiger said:
RROFO said:
He did some good things. No use throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Pick 4 is expensive bathwater...

Aside from the fact you pretend to be something you are not your most irritating feature you clearly don’t watch Richmond games.

Bling is actually starting to look more and more like a player, he’s a good kid and he’s exciting. Not as exciting as Buddy, but neither is Roughead

If you going to troll, why don’t you pay out someone like Petts, who is arguably a much more disserving target.

This has gone on long enough, too long in fact, and too much abuse and personal insults towards players and PREnders.  Moving right along.

In all seriousness tiger supporters our recruit Richard Tambling is a bit of a worry. I don't want to use any comparisons although I am very tempted to start comparisons against Dale Thomas or even against out little gem Shane Edwards, but I won't.

Once again failed to make an impact on the game early. Went missing in the 2nd quarter and had 3 touches in the 3rd. His 12 possessions for the game flattered his stats card. Wasn't used much in the midfield tonight, instead spent a fair bit of time in defence. In an open fast moving game tonight, failed to win important possessions and struggled to find the footy. Then again, when you're a struggling footballer, kicks in the backline can also be hard to find.

Just doesn't do enough, is very frustrating to watch, is a very peripheral player waiting outside the packs to receive the ball, stops dead in his tracks once he disposes of the ball and doesn't follow up further up the ground, and most eveidently fails to gut run.

But then again, Tambling has 3 years to FIRE UP !

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

Don't worry Geoffrey, he's got a good mate in the not working hard enough catagory.

Perhaps the 2 of them could join Schulz and Meyer at Coburg as a little wake up call.

I just wish this thread stays within the guidelines and no chocolate frogs ruin it.

I'm finding that Terry is aware of Richard's inabilities and over the last 2 weeks has played him in defence and learn to be accountable for his man and to THINK. I was just wondering whether anyone else has noticed this?

He's kind of like a missfiring funnycar with a shitty transmission.

Playing Tambling in defence is a joke.
When we were going into our forward line we had no crumbers and the Sinners were able to run the ball away at ease.

Yep it's frustrating that he's not 'the answer' but he's going to be one of those guy's that needs around five years in the system and gym before he's a consistently damaging player.