Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling - FIRE UP!

craig said:
All Richie needs this week is for Lance to have a big game :hihi
I'm glad you can see the funny side of that Craig. That stupid 'no d!ckheads' policy is killing us :(

taraba said:
craig said:
All Richie needs this week is for Lance to have a big game :hihi
I'm glad you can see the funny side of that Craig. That stupid 'no d!ckheads' policy is killing us :(

Just playing devils advocate Taraba ;) Gotta have a laugh now and then mate.

Its bound to turn into a Bling versus Buddy thread again just a matter of time my man ...... wait for it ;)

I really rate Tambling's potential but I thought I saw something tonight which for the first time has me worried he might not eventually become an elite player, I reckon he may have "jibbed it" on two occassions. I haven't had a look at the replay yet, and I hope I am mistaken but did anyone else reckon he was a bit soft tonight?

Tambling Man said:
I really rate Tambling's potential but I thought I saw something tonight which for the first time has me worried he might not eventually become an elite player, I reckon he may have "jibbed it" on two occassions. I haven't had a look at the replay yet, and I hope I am mistaken but did anyone else reckon he was a bit soft tonight?
There was a passage of play where he sort of went for the ball with one hand rather than go for it with both hands and leave himself exposed for contact. I'm sure this was one of the incidents you're referring to and it was a bit ordinary. If he played angry he could be a superstar but like I said I reckon he's at least two years away from really 'clicking'.

Tambling Man said:

Was at the game and like you, haven't seen the replay, but for several weeks he's seemed reluctant to put his head over the ball. Maybe he's copped a bad knock at some stage and is worried about his health? Against Essendon he got one to the head and took a long time to get up.

You know before tambling was drafted i heard on the radio that he was touted by a recruiting scout that he was the fastest player that he had ever seen. When we drafted him with our second pick i was WRAPT. I must say now after 2 1|/2 years i am pretty dissapointed by what i have seen pace wise ,he really is not fast at all.

clown said:
You know before tambling was drafted i heard on the radio that he was touted by a recruiting scout that he was the fastest player that he had ever seen. When we drafted him with our second pick i was WRAPT. I must say now after 2 1|/2 years i am pretty dissapointed by what i have seen pace wise ,he really is not fast at all.
Something is just not right here. I still remember the excitement when he burst through the center in the Wizard Cup match against the Pies, shrugged off Scott Burns and slotted a beautiful goal from beyond 50. I'll bet EVERYONE loved that one and thought he'd be a real gun. How times have changed ::) Just a confidence thing and when he gets that back the blistering speed will return (I hope).

No doubt about it...................The Kid has been a Major dissappointment.

Can you teach somebody "To become HARD" , ?????

Hmmmm , played myself with a few who "Lived on the Fringe" , they never changed their games.
Think you either Have It or you Don't ......................as it's been previously mentioned , that contract extension he just signed mean's we've got plenty more time to "Toughen him up".......................

Yeah...............Good luck with that one !

i dont doubt that he has the ability to be a gun but we need to see more effort out there and for him to use what god gave him otherwise he will be another potential until he is delisted.

craig said:
Its bound to turn into a Bling versus Buddy thread again just a matter of time my man ...... wait for it ;)

I really hope not.

I think this time this thread will be closely monitored to stop the trolls and pretend Richmond supporters from abuse. A minority of people should not spoil a good analytical discussion.

On a different note, I won't put away my knife & fork in the draw, just yet, just in case I'll need them. :hihi

I think Wallace is making Tambling play in defence to improve aspects of his game for 2008. Not sure this is right...Tambling would much prefer to run free through the centre and rove off Richo and other forwards near the goals

geoffryprettyboy said:
....to stop the trolls and pretend Richmond supporters from abuse.

It wasn't only the trolls and pretend Richmond supporters dishing out the insults and abuse, in fact they copped more than they gave. ;) This is a request for everyone to discuss the actual opinions rather than be personal and insulting.

Been very disapointed in Tamblings form since he came back from his one week injury earlier in the year. Needs to run harder, work harder, tackle harder etc. Could he be our next Krak or Tiva plays a good one every five or so games just enough to think he will go to the next level but lets us all down. I think his confidence is down but if he doesnt show something in the next game or two send him back to Coburg to try and regain his confidence. Forget about him ever being an inside player hes just too soft for that. Please Richie come good man its players like you we need to reach full potential if we are going to be a top four side in 3 years or so.

is it just me or does blinga have heaps of time wen he has the ball? he has picked up the pace of the game, takes blokes on regularly. stuck a very good tackle last night and is generally looking like he belongs.

he could work a little harder and get to a few more contests but i liked his game last night

i might be the only one.

If this guy had the kohunas to get himself 20 touches last night we mighta won the game.

Last night is not the first tme he has jibbed it ...Maybe try blinkers on him...Or maybe sit him in front of the t.v and watch replays of how other young bloke like King,White,Edwards play not frightened or half hearted..If no improvment Good Bye

taraba said:
Something is just not right here. I still remember the excitement when he burst through the center in the Wizard Cup match against the Pies, shrugged off Scott Burns and slotted a beautiful goal from beyond 50. I'll bet EVERYONE loved that one and thought he'd be a real gun.

Yeah, you're perfectly on the ball with that statement, but stop looking in the rear view mirror. :p

Same applies to the RFC website, articles from the past hailing our heroes from the 60's, 70's, & 80's, time to move on and forget about the past.

geoffryprettyboy said:
taraba said:
Something is just not right here. I still remember the excitement when he burst through the center in the Wizard Cup match against the Pies, shrugged off Scott Burns and slotted a beautiful goal from beyond 50. I'll bet EVERYONE loved that one and thought he'd be a real gun.

Yeah, you're perfectly on the ball with that statement, but stop looking in the rear view mirror. :p

Same applies to the RFC website, articles from the past hailing our heroes from the 60's, 70's, & 80's, time to move on and forget about the past.

I think Bling is developing OK - but I have a theory - he loves the heat and struggles in the cold. His best games on warm sunny days - preseason first year - fremantle and West Coast this year. Maybe he should play with a heat pack, sunnys and zinc cream and a hawain shirt under the jumper. Maybe he should have drinks with an umbrella in them at the breaks as well.

Otherwise needs to continue to build up and get some consistency - time will tell.