Tambling (merged) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tambling (merged)

Re: Tambling Threads (merged)

gustiger12 said:
Also note Patterson, Hughes, McGuane and Casserly are set to sign new deals as well.

Good news about Hughes, he shows something and is worth persevering with. Don't rate Patto and McGuane; both are goers but lack skill and class. By all reports Casserley goes alright but it'd be good if he could stay fit for a few weeks so he could show us what he's made of.

Ridley said:
Redford said:
Short memories.

Torney was a turnover merchant with us who played in the reserves on occassion. Dud. Even now is beginning to struggle in a less than perfect Crows side.

Don't start me on the Big Donut.

Good riddance all of them.

Hear hear. A concise post regarding Torney. He has never been a regular at the Crows in any case. RFC supporters' adulation of very ordinary footballers is mind boggling.

Gee guys, I always liked Torney. I suppose he was better than a lot of our list back then which isn't saying a lot. I was sad to see him go.

I agree with you about Ottens Red, but he can play football when it suits him, its all the rest that's complete crap. The guy is a total waste of space without a doubt.

mb64 said:
Exactly the one I was thinking of,a disaster.
No doubt a shocker but that is the only one I can think of that's really blown up(touch wood).
FWIW Tambling looks like he'll be a considerably better player than Krakouer ever did.
So I can wear the 3 years in this instance, particularly as Raines was offered a similar length contract.

Tigers of Old said:
FWIW Tambling looks like he'll be a considerably better player than Krakouer ever did.

Richie is doing as much now as Krak has ever done.

Certainly will be a much much better player than Krak has been.

I'd be interested to hear what people thought of Ritchie's game last night. I thought he played very well, and did a few of the 1%ers that I often feel is lacking in his game.

I loved his run with the ball in the first quarter, when he held the ball in the crook of his wrist and took the game on. I'm also liking the increase in self-confidence that I've seen in the last half a dozen games.

Hope he keeps up the improvement.

Thought he was good. Every week he shows a little bit more of what is potential is. I look forward a couple of years times when he's mature and hard bodied enough to do it constantly throughout the entire game.

He's worth the 3 year extension.

Starting to take the game on. I think the momentum is building, and soon we'll see a BOG performance.

The_General said:
Starting to take the game on. I think the momentum is building, and soon we'll see a BOG performance.

On Tv he looked quite good in tight, was he on Davey all game or just in flashes?

LMAO at all the same schmucks on here who conitinue to bag the club and players :rofl

When a three year deal is secured its "shoulda been 2 years!" :rofl

thank goodness for stability and common sense at the club cause outside the club some "supporters" are caught in their own time warp.

Thought last night Tambling showed more consistency than in the past. Not flashy but seemed to stay in the game for longer periods and looked to work a bit harder defensively.

All this comparison of Tambling V Franklin is a waste of time, two totally different players by a mile.

I think the better comparison should be Dale Thomas V Ricardo Tambling, now that is much better when it comes to comparisons.

I'll have Dale Thomas in my team at a drop of a hat, the kid plays with guts, does the team things, does not hesitate to put his body on the line, does not stop running AFTER he kicks up the ground. A massive comparison compared to Tambling.

I think a coach has plenty to do with player confidence and their development.

Tambling played an average game against the Dees. His defensive side of his game needs a lot of work.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Tambling played an average game against the Dees. His defensive side of his game needs a lot of work.

Geez you are quick to put the boot in.
Whilst not as electric as his past two games he still picked up 17 possessions. Well above his season average & second highest for the year.
Also wasn't Richie often given a run with role by TW on Davey who was barely sighted for much of the game?

I thought he had quite a good match overall and although not a standout was a valuable contributor to a winning team.

You know where I'll really like to stick my boot in! ;)

Yeah Ricardo did have a run with role, and that's what he did, run with Davey, chasing his butt all over the G.

Can someone remind me who Tambling's PRE President is? ;D

17 touches to 12 against a player 4 years older than him wasn't too bad was it gpb?

geoffryprettyboy said:
You know where I'll really like to stick my boot in! ;)

Yeah Ricardo did have a run with role, and that's what he did, run with Davey, chasing his butt all over the G.

Can someone remind me who Tambling's PRE President is? ;D

:cutelaugh Ouch.
That would be me and I will continue to defend him.

Davey had 12 possies and was barely sighted. Kicked two goals but didn't have much influence for a senior player who gets a lot of hype.

Richie's improving GPB no doubt about it.
Not far away from becoming a very good player.
Plus he doesn't have a stupid haircut like some guy at Collingwood who looks like an 80s glam rocker.

Tambling's coming along fine. More to his bow than just an opportunistic forward a la Davey. Still see he has that shoulder heavily strapped too.

Gee, talk about ganging up and being sensitive.

Wallace rotated 3 players onto Davey on Friday night, Tambling was the worst when it came to playing tight. All I'm pointing out he still has a long way to go in playing tight on his man. He still looks as if he is lost out there and just watches the play as we load up out of defence. Is still continuing not to gut run when required to link up.

He's still learning, he has 3 years to really turn the heat up in his game.

I'm patient, I not going anywhere.

If long term Friday is considred a off night for Tambling, we will be travelling very well.

Turbo Tiger said:
blaisee said:
lets talk about roughead

fat slow cant kick or get to contests, and has butter fingers hack

Pick 2 hahahahaha!

See Friday night's game genius?

As I have said all along with the Buddy/Bling comparison. Tall players take longer. Buddy is a freak because he was great from the getgo, but Roughnuts has taken some time.

I too thought he wasn't that good, but he was awesopme on Friday night.

Bukenara has run rings around Miller....
yeah coz buckenara didn`t want to pick tambling before franklin did he?
he only let tambling live at his house in the weeks before the draft just to be nice to him.
it was pure luck that they were still able to choose franklin, if the hawks were so smart why didn`t they use their first pick on franklin instead of that dud roughhead?

Tambling is much more consistent this year, and is starting to take the game on more regularly. Very happy with his progress, and look forward to seeing him blossum in upcoming years.