Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Good argument for strengthening trade unions.

DS
Nice deflection from the real issues which is immigration, the lack of housing and the overall cost of housing to build. The amount of new property taxes state ALP have put in is criminal from a developers perspective.

I’m a union member and I understand that I need to be more productive and that my pay rise needs to be on the cusp of what inflation is otherwise it forever stays high. Then interest rates stay high.

If you want real wage growth have less overseas workers coming in and see businesses compete for workers.

Trump so far getting destroyed by a very measured and calm Harris in the current debate.

He has not answered a single question directly. He gets asked a question but deflects to another topic. Got nailed when he raised illegal immigrants/criminals and she shot back and raised his own criminal record.

Can see him losing it shortly.

Reactions: 1 user
As part of an answer and Trump just asked to stop the debate it is a waste of time. He is losing this debate big time and knows it.

Keeps going back to borders, illegal immigrants, bad elections.......

Trump so far getting destroyed by a very measured and calm Harris in the current debate.

He has not answered a single question directly. He gets asked a question but deflects to another topic. Got nailed when he raised illegal immigrants/criminals and she shot back and raised his own criminal record.

Can see him losing it shortly.

For all of Willo and TT2's claims about how bad she is at debates, she looked pretty good tonight. Certainly didn't paint the master debater Trump in a very good light. Got destroyed.

Reactions: 1 users
For all of Willo and TT2's claims about how bad she is at debates, she looked pretty good tonight. Certainly didn't paint the master debater Trump in a very good light. Got destroyed.

A sad day for Willo's "Cacklin' Kamala" epithet.

This image summed it up for me.

1000020711.jpg

1000020710.jpg

I was watching MSNBC's coverage and then thought I'd see what Fox News were saying. OMG!! Those guys are deluded. You had Sean Hannity going on about the "lies" she told on abortion and guns (which weren't lies, they are truths of what flat out banning abortion does - was interesting hearing women talk about it on MSNBC and then hear the old white bloke talk about womens reproductive rights and the "lies" that were told around them).

Then some other bloke, was going on about, yes Harris probably was good, but who had the most memorable lines, Trump saying stuff like "wake Biden up to fix something blah blah blah", and there was something else he rambled on which was again just a Trump comment about nothing, but this guy indicating that was more important than actual policy decisions, no comments about what Antman posted above, he was president for 4 years whilst Obamacare was operating, he has been the leader of the opposition essentially now for another 4 years, and still he only has "concepts" of how to improve Obamacare. Seriously!!

Reactions: 3 users
Yeh, almost embarrassing. The move to depose Joe Biden has proven to be a masterstroke.

Will be interesting to see if Trump agrees to further debates.

Yeh, it comes back in small increments but rises in much larger ones.

And agree, it is those younger people with a large mortgage taken out at 2% rates that would already be battling with the 5-6% current rate. Any significant fall in value leaves them back to square one.

I get sick of hearing people with 3-4 properties complaining about their land tax bill. Often they own them outright and whinge that they do not have the funds to pay the land tax. Sometimes these properties are vacant. Feel really sorry for them.

Many boomers either purchased or inherited at a time when average prices were 3-4 times ave earnings. They think of themselves as some sort of Buffet type geinuses. They simply had fortunate timing.

Something has to be done, home ownership should be available to anyone with a job. It ain't.
Agree. I hate the boomer arguments. they don't hold water.

"I worked hard to get where I did", young people don't work hard? Most people work hard, difference is pre-1995 you could buy a house if you worked hard.

And yes, if they have multiple properties and the and tax is biting, simple solution, sell one, or two. Thats what the policy is designed to do. (Their secondary argument would be that their profit may not be as big as they'd wanted). It seems quite a significance cohort thinks having multiple properties is a human right.

Kamala unequivocally evicerated Trump,

if truth is your thing.

ive been waiting for decades for someone to publicly raise The Central Park Five with him (innocent black minors, trump took a full page ad out in NYT calling for their execution),

and finally, Kamala did it. Bravo sister.

she took him to the cleaners on Race, abortion, international relations, the economy, covid, criminality, character, capitol riots, misogyny, intelligence.

the only point I didn't think she trounced him on was climate, because she let him talk about Chinese car tariffs.

Trump will have never been humiliated by a woman in public, outside a courtroom, in his life, let alone a black woman.

watch the Twitter armageddon (for him) he unleashes tonight.

'Mexicans eating Americans cats and dogs'. trump said that on international live TV, and Kamala reacted like I did; pissing herself laughing.

:rotfl1

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I was watching MSNBC's coverage and then thought I'd see what Fox News were saying. OMG!! Those guys are deluded. You had Sean Hannity going on about the "lies" she told on abortion and guns (which weren't lies, they are truths of what flat out banning abortion does - was interesting hearing women talk about it on MSNBC and then hear the old white bloke talk about womens reproductive rights and the "lies" that were told around them).

Then some other bloke, was going on about, yes Harris probably was good, but who had the most memorable lines, Trump saying stuff like "wake Biden up to fix something blah blah blah", and there was something else he rambled on which was again just a Trump comment about nothing, but this guy indicating that was more important than actual policy decisions, no comments about what Antman posted above, he was president for 4 years whilst Obamacare was operating, he has been the leader of the opposition essentially now for another 4 years, and still he only has "concepts" of how to improve Obamacare. Seriously!!
Watched some Fox. The Fox narratives are the moderators were biased, Harris just attacked and name called Trump, Harris has no policies and she stands for nothing.

No comment on what Trump actually said - which was basically nothing. They said there were not enough questions on the economy. The first farking question was on the economy and Trump deflected to immigrants, criminals borders etc. On the very first question. He never answered one question directly.

Trump was stictched up according to Fox.

Fox screaming about bias - pretty farking funny

• Haha
Watched some Fox. The Fox narratives are the moderators were biased, Harris just attacked and name called Trump, Harris has no policies and she stands for nothing.

No comment on what Trump actually said - which was basically nothing. They said there were not enough questions on the economy. The first farking question was on the economy and Trump deflected to immigrants, criminals borders etc. On the very first question. He never answered one question directly.

Trump was stictched up according to Fox.

Fox screaming about bias - pretty farking funny

did they comment on Mexicans eating Americans little kittens and puppies?

trump doubled down on it after the moderator unequivocally pointed out it was an untruth (it must be a big story over there, cause the moderator had talked to the mayor of the town, mega ironically Springfield, who said 'I aint heard of no dog or cat eatings')

now that is jumping the shark.

did they comment on Mexicans eating Americans little kittens and puppies?

trump doubled down on it after the moderator unequivocally pointed out it was an untruth (it must be a big story over there, cause the moderator had talked to the mayor of the town, mega ironically Springfield, who said 'I aint heard of no dog or cat eatings')

now that is jumping the shark.
I could only watch so much. Steve Hilton (some Pom come MAGA man on the Fox panel) actually said Trump was very strong and Harris weak. Says he has seen polls showing Trump clearly won the debate. It was a clear victory for Trump. Then talk about some sort of elephant in the room about the 25th amendment being breached with Biden not running in next election and the country being leadersless right now.

Talk about an echo chamber

• Wow
I could only watch so much. Steve Hilton (some Pom come MAGA man on the Fox panel) actually said Trump was very strong and Harris weak. Says he has seen polls showing Trump clearly won the debate. It was a clear victory for Trump. Then talk about some sort of elephant in the room about the 25th amendment being breached with Biden not running in next election and the country being leadersless right now.

Talk about an echo chamber

the only world in which trump won, is a world where truth hold little value.

the same blokes could look down the lens and say Port trounced Geelong the other night.

"Mexicans are eating Americans Pets you know"

How embarrassing for the Republicans, Trump has had 7 years to come up with a health care policy after his own Republicans refused to remove Obama Care when Trump was president.
When he was questioned about his healthcare policy all he could come up with was, I'm working on it, he had nothing, zilch. 7 years you've had Donald 7 years to come up with a health care policy !!

Reactions: 2 users
How embarrassing for the Republicans, Trump has had 7 years to come up with a health care policy after his own Republicans refused to remove Obama Care when Trump was president.
When he was questioned about his healthcare policy all he could come up with was, I'm working on it, he had nothing, zilch. 7 years you've had Donald 7 years to come up with a health care policy !!
Funny, Fox did not seem to mention this?

Nor him not answering the question about his involvement and or regert about January 6th.

Nor him deflecting every single question back to immigration, criminals and insane asylum patients invading the country.

He couldn't even look her in the eye. :oops:
As disastrous a debate for Trump as the last one was for Biden.
Smoked.
Kamala sure did pull his pants down.

PRE is the closest I am to social media, could some one please post this song on X or Facebook.

• Haha
He couldn't even look her in the eye. :oops:
As disastrous a debate for Trump as the last one was for Biden.
Smoked.

Yes i agree kamala was as good as biden was bad.

and Kamala had clearly been working on her look-of-disdain.

If america elect trump now, theyre really really stuffed and we should find a new allies immediately.

I dont see how they can now dems have a good candidate

Last edited:
Funny, Fox did not seem to mention this?

Nor him not answering the question about his involvement and or regert about January 6th.

Nor him deflecting every single question back to immigration, criminals and insane asylum patients invading the country.

Did they say anything about those barbaric immigrants eating all of those normal Americans pets? Eating all the cats and dogs. Maybe someone was talking to him about the weather and he mistook the comments about cats and dogs.