Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

Agree that adjustments need to be gradual but have to pull you up on the mortgage defaults. In most US States you can walk away from the mortgage and the bank gets your house, and nothing else. This is not the case in Australia. If you walk away from a mortgage, the bank gets your house, sells it and puts the proceeds toward the mortgage (and no doubt adds some hefty fees) and anything left you are still liable for. Quite different here. One other big difference in the USA is most mortgages are at a set rate (not variable), which is why interest rates have a bigger impact here - in the USA they only affect new loans.
yes fair enough but whilst there is no doubt that security mechanisms over mortgages are stronger in Australia than the US there is also no doubt that a property value shock would cause massive write offs for lenders no matter what the security arrangements are.
Yep, if you can't afford the land tax on a property which is not the principle place of residence you can go get *smile* as far as I am concerned. I would make land tax on investment properties huge, force the price of housing down. While we're at it, the state can buy the houses those with investment properties have to sell and turn them into public housing.

We own our house, not because of any special skill, but because we bought it 30 years ago. The only way for the youth of today to afford a house is to get a tardis.

DS
I am not a great fan of sudden changing of the rules on investment decisions that have been made on different rules. I have an investment property in another state and I bought it on the basis of a certain economic return. Completely destroying that return and in the process destroying the value is one way to make investors in anything in this country nervous and they will flee to another safe haven, whatever that is.

I am all for moving to more socially equitable policies on housing but it needs to be done gradually and in a managed way. If it is done over time the market finds it's sweet spot and values will have a much softer landing.

Of course land tax is a state tax which would mean that the only way to do these things is in a coordinated fashion because otherwise we will just have a fight for investment between states.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/free-perth-zoo-ticktes/748a5520-0053-4526-bfe3-4a1b7d2407cb
West Australian families can claim four free Perth Zoo passes this spring as part of a new initiative by the state government.
The tickets, which will save families up to $100, can be claimed via the ServiceWA app.
They must be used between September 9 and November 30, and also include free public transport.

Poor Tiga... Perfectly good drive-by on the WA premier ruined by a farcical schoolboy error

Poor Tiga... Perfectly good drive-by on the WA premier ruined by a farcical schoolboy error
Yes, his Pommy right wing rag of choice, the Daily Mail, obviously doesn't report all the facts, what a disgraceful publication it is.

Edit.

Has been very popular............."More than 100,000 free tickets to Perth Zoo have been claimed by West Australians" in under 48 hours.

Last edited:
Yes, his Pommy right wing rag of choice, the Daily Mail, obviously doesn't report all the facts, what a disgraceful publication it is.

Edit.

Has been very popular............."More than 100,000 free tickets to Perth Zoo have been claimed by West Australians" in under 48 hours.

Yep missed that but is it going to bust the Inflation bubble. No way. Just a waste of Tax payers money by a pork barrelling twerp of a Premier. More important agendas on hand that the $6 million could be used for. Free tickets to an hospitality event is not a Government one priority .

Yep missed that but is it going to bust the Inflation bubble. No way. Just a waste of Tax payers money by a pork barrelling twerp of a Premier. More important agendas on hand that the $6 million could be used for. Free tickets to an hospitality event is not a Government one priority .
What's the best way to reduce inflation, it's currently 3.8%. Remembering Labor inherited an inflation rate of 6.1% from the economic vandals that the Morrison Govt were.

Reactions: 2 users
Is giving away free tickets to a government owned entity (i assume) really costing the government much at all? They can claim it is costing $6m but really the only expense is the few extra staff needed for the zoo. Then the government probably gets a cut of the money everyone spends on food etc anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
WA Tax payers money should be distributed on a fair & equal par to all citizens. Now do you think these free Zoo tickets are fair to the WA citizens who live in places like Esperance Cue Meekatharra Port Hedland Derby Kununurra Fitzroy Crossing Hallls Creek etc etc ?. The answer from the Inflation Bubble Buster Premier is a emphatic NO. All it was an exercise at " Look At Me "etc etc etc and the masses swallow it Hook Line & sSnker.

Last edited:
WA Tax payers money should be distributed on a fair & equal par to all citizens. Now do you think these free Zoo tickets are fair to the WA citizens who live in places like Esperance Cue Meekatharra Port Hedland Derby Kununurra Fitzroy Crossing Hallls Creek etc etc ?. The answer from the Inflation Bubble Buster Premier is an emphatic NO. All it was an exercise at " Look At Me "etc etc etc and the masses swallow it Hook Line & sSnker.
So assisting families for childcare isn’t fare either for those who don’t have children…….please !!!!

WA Tax payers money should be distributed on a fair & equal par to all citizens. Now do you think these free Zoo tickets are fair to the WA citizens who live in places like Esperance Cue Meekatharra Port Hedland Derby Kununurra Fitzroy Crossing Hallls Creek etc etc ?. The answer from the Inflation Bubble Buster Premier is a emphatic NO. All it was an exercise at " Look At Me "etc etc etc and the masses swallow it Hook Line & sSnker.

If all WA tax money must be distributed equally then well have to do away with all regional assistance grants, land development money, extra regional health assistance, indigenous community assistance, additional road and infrastructure maintenance money. And that is in the billions, not millions.

Dumbest argument I've seen today.

Reactions: 2 users

Whether he did cocaine or not here is the side issue. The bigger story here is can (deepfake) video be trusted?
After his accusations of being framed, Speirs just has to take it to the authorities if he believes it's been falsified.
If he doesn't then it's fair to assume he's not only got a problem with drugs but is a liar too.
Muddying the waters by crying 'DEEPFAKE!' (fake news) is all designed to undermine wrongdoings. Basically just gaslighting.
I'd say he's one dodgy mofo who was relatively close to being SA Premier..

Reactions: 1 user
If all WA tax money must be distributed equally then well have to do away with all regional assistance grants, land development money, extra regional health assistance, indigenous community assistance, additional road and infrastructure maintenance money. And that is in the billions, not millions.

Dumbest argument I've seen today.
You surprised?

• Love

Whether he did cocaine or not here is the side issue. The bigger story here is can (deepfake) video be trusted?
After his accusations of being framed, Speirs just has to take it to the authorities if he believes it's been falsified.
If he doesn't then it's fair to assume he's not only got a problem with drugs but is a liar too.
Muddying the waters by crying 'DEEPFAKE!' (fake news) is all designed to undermine wrongdoings. Basically just gaslighting.
I'd say he's one dodgy mofo who was relatively close to being SA Premier..

he reckons someones broken into his home and put half finished glasses of red on his kitchen bench, filmed it, and doctored him in.

thats a Marianna Trench-deep fake isn't it?

is that how they're done?

or did he just snort lines in his kitchen, while someone who hates him points their phone at him?

in which case he's extraordinarily dumb at best

he reckons someones broken into his home and put half finished glasses of red on his kitchen bench, filmed it, and doctored him in.

thats a Marianna Trench-deep fake isn't it?
Yes whatever person allegedly did this should be working in Hollywood on special effects films. Masterful.:poop::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
On the previous post not a surprise. Most relates to housing. Record immigration, far too much red tape and taxes on property by state governments have done this.

Control the immigration and build the public housing you promised. If he doesn’t will be a one term PM.

I can vouch for that as I am $4000.00 down a year & that is just personal tax. Add GST petrol booze etc etc I am a cash cow for the Gov. Wait till you lot get into your 80's that is if you get to that age. Doubt it no lamb just fat food pasta from Macca's etc etc will send ya to an early grave.

So assisting families for childcare isn’t fare either for those who don’t have children…….please !!!!
Wot I am highlighting Captain Cook's misspent Zoo money so where does Childcare come into it.
Assisting families with "Wa tax payers money" for childcare, rent assistance, electricity bill assistance...................etc, isn't fare for people who don't need assistance, according to you above post that "WA Tax payers money should be distributed on a fair & equal par to all citizens"

Last edited:
Of course, the very existence of deep fake videos means anyone actually caught doing something stupid on video can claim it is a deep fake.

This is going to cause quite a mess.

DS