Talking Politics | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Talking Politics

did you see the Labor's Kate Worden on 4 corners the other night, facilitating the free ground water rush in NT?

she was like a cross between a Shaun Macalliffe politician, a female Eddie Obeid, and someone they found living in a swag in a caravan park

I dont follow your politics, but if she's indicative of their ministerial quality,

I can kind of see why they turn to a mob whose only policy appears to be sell infrastructure to china and lock up black 10yos?
😪 I try not to follow our politics either.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Wrote to ATO 14 July asking why ?. No reply yet most probably waiting to see my Obit in Daily rag.

It is just the old Labor line "Tax the rich to pay the poor ". I must be rich as I went from zero tax to $3000.00 in two years. Thanks Jim to balance my book I have had to give up my daily Guinness for Aldi specials ,charities now starts at home, daily coffee treat gone, shopping at Myers gone as know at Charity shops, no weekly raffle at RSL fly economy not extra leg room, weekly T Bone gone. Shave every three days instead of every day. No 1 haircut now. Selling off two of our 3 TV's. Would empty the pool but cannot. Sacked the lawn mowing man so now the lawns are looking like Ma & Pa Kettle's. Yes Jim does know how to look after the veteran community who worked their butts off to have comfortable lifestyle.
You're blaming Jim Chalmers, why didn't you write to him?

If your letter is anything like your posts they are still getting it translated
Funny thing is with this government and their efforts to fix the public service, he might actually get a reply. From personal experience, at least with the Dept of Immigration, I'm actually getting timely and useful responses to queries I made to them. With the previous government I got no response.

Reactions: 1 user
You're blaming Jim Chalmers, why didn't you write to him?
I did plus Angus Taylor & local member Madeliene King all prior 16 July. One response King staffer rang last week & have contacted ATO for explanation. I am curious to know why my Tax result Zero no refund or debit after paying ex amount of Tax during the year. Got plenty of time on my hands so got to pass the time some how.

It is just the old Labor line "Tax the rich to pay the poor ". I must be rich as I went from zero tax to $3000.00 in two years. Thanks Jim to balance my book I have had to give up my daily Guinness for Aldi specials ,charities now starts at home, daily coffee treat gone, shopping at Myers gone as know at Charity shops, no weekly raffle at RSL fly economy not extra leg room, weekly T Bone gone. Shave every three days instead of every day. No 1 haircut now. Selling off two of our 3 TV's. Would empty the pool but cannot. Sacked the lawn mowing man so now the lawns are looking like Ma & Pa Kettle's. Yes Jim does know how to look after the veteran community who worked their butts off to have comfortable lifestyle.
The referendum had to be paid for somehow.

• Haha
Aaahhh well. The old Septics erection thread seems to have disappeared from the screen n wandered off into the ether.
Not to worry, we've still got this one n we'll be having our very own erection fairly soon, so lots of excitement to anticipate.

• Haha
Aaahhh well. The old Septics erection thread seems to have disappeared from the screen n wandered off into the ether.
Not to worry, we've still got this one n we'll be having our very own erection fairly soon, so lots of excitement to anticipate.

I wish Mr.T ran Facebook and twitter

Funny thing is with this government and their efforts to fix the public service, he might actually get a reply. From personal experience, at least with the Dept of Immigration, I'm actually getting timely and useful responses to queries I made to them. With the previous government I got no response.
Glad to hear someone is having success.

Recently had reason to have to contact the ATO, deplorable. Only Telstra comes close to be as bad imo. Others tell me Centrelink is the worst but I haven’t had to contact them.

Inflation caused by price gouging and profits as a proportion of total income rise - then there is a proposal to tax corporations more heavily. Sounds good to me.

Actually collecting royalties on foreign miners, get returns similar to countries like Qatar - sounds good to me.

You are the ones who fear deficits, so what is your solution: tax real people more, don't reduce the deficit, reduce government services?

Personally I would prefer we tax excessive profits and get way more in mining royalties.

DS
Low to little tax on everyone including companies.

We have the resources to become the wealthiest country on Earth.

All minerals, oil, gas in fact all resources are owned by the Crown on behalf of the Commonwealth. Why we are not keeping this wealth for the people is a real issue.
We need to restructure how we harvest these resources to create wealth for the people of Australia.

All minerals, oil, gas in fact all resources are owned by the Crown on behalf of the Commonwealth. Why we are not keeping this wealth for the people is a real issue.
We need to restructure how we harvest these resources to create wealth for the people of Australia.

Agree. Miners are getting way too much without giving it back. Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund is what we should have, but bigger.

The other piece here is renewables. Solid investment into companies developing the technology, not just installing stuff, would future proof Australia. The amount of sun, wind, waves we have at our disposal in secluded places, we should be at the forefront of renewable technology, selling out tech across the world because it's the best.

Alright ... who complained?

Agree. Miners are getting way too much without giving it back. Norwegian Sovereign Wealth Fund is what we should have, but bigger.
Agree. Something like the Future Fund.
The other piece here is renewables. Solid investment into companies developing the technology, not just installing stuff, would future proof Australia. The amount of sun, wind, waves we have at our disposal in secluded places, we should be at the forefront of renewable technology, selling out tech across the world because it's the best.
True. We should always explore opportunities with technology.
Oil and Gas can fill a massive global market and create wealth. We differ on this however it can create wealth for all Australians.